Dj Ashba: The stuff I've written sounds like classic Guns N' Roses

Maybe he has written Welcome To The Jungle, SCOM, Nightrain and Brownstone note for note, tempo for tempo, lead for lead and has finally reached code red in the Ashba delusion scale enough to think he can get away with it. So perhaps he actually isn't lying?

Zutaut explained the labels position. It was a good record with Beavan but they didn't think there was a hit. They thought Axl could do Better. Confirmed by Tommy. He didn't think RTB was needed. But then Ezrin thought that it was a mess after re-recording. So they did more sessions with Caram and Bucket. By 2004 they seemed to have finished.

Axl felt like he had 2 records. The first half has been released. In chats he explained he had more material. He wasn't sure it was done. Now he says they've worked on it some more and it's done with some new stuff.

So unless they go into studio again I think we are close. Still take 5 years though or never. Fortus says within the next year.

Hopefully Dj is working on the next YCBM and Don't Cry.

Yes I'm sure GNR will once again storm mtv, led by DJ ashba. Kurt Loder will interview them, and we'll get a midnight release at Tower Records. GNR is till the hugest band in earth, etc etc,

I think DJ has got his ex Guns guitarist mixed up. Instead of writing a song that sounds like Slash and Guns he has produced one that sounds like Gilby Clarke in Rockstar Supernova. Even the singers sound similar.

Sixx Am - Lets Go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsBRzyg9RMQ#t=62

Rockstar Supernova - Be Yourself (and 5 other Cliches)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54oen_K2ph8

Wouldn't Axl throw it in the garbage if it sounds like classic GNR, it's not really the angle he's been developing judging by the CD tracks and rumours n' hearsay from the other sessions and since they have not recorded or jammed anything fresh together, he won't have stomped the embers of those remaining tracks down to ashes, which means DJ might not get to play anything original on the next album.

The only thing good on the Sixx:Am record are about three solos, the rest is absolute garbage for a band of GNR's calibre so I hope he just plays the odd solo and leaves the writing alone.

Wouldn't Axl throw it in the garbage if it sounds like classic GNR, it's not really the angle he's been developing judging by the CD tracks and rumours n' hearsay from the other sessions and since they have not recorded or jammed anything fresh together, he won't have stomped the embers of those remaining tracks down to ashes, which means DJ might not get to play anything original on the next album.

The only thing good on the Sixx:Am record are about three solos, the rest is absolute garbage for a band of GNR's calibre so I hope he just plays the odd solo and leaves the writing alone.

No, cause Axl liked Ballad Of Death and asked DJ to record a studio version of it. BOD sounds similar in style to I don't want to say classic Guns, but it's closer to that then the Chinese material.

Axl can copy/past the shit out of it with Caram too. Also, DJ said (I know) that the 12 songs he wrote got a good response from Axl and those, I'm guessing, are closer in style to old Guns as well.

Ballad of Death and Mi Amor are decent solo sections, I enjoy them, I don't like Ashba's actual SONGwriting at all, I don't doubt the other guys and Axl could elevate it, but then again, anyone who can write radio rock songs, Axl would certainly gloss it the hell over a couple notches.

Axl had high standards when it came to players but always had odd quality farts like Huge and DJ ArseHat.

I cannot see ArseHat surviving in the micromanaged, OCD driven, suffocating atmosphere of an Axl recording session.

Brian May could barely hack it and the man can play.

Take after take after take with ArseHats eyeliner running down his face as he struggles to play with tired hands and blistered fingers...

• Like 3

What Arsehat is forgetting is that original GNR was the sum of its parts..many of the songs structures are standard, its just how all 5 men came at them that made it special.

No amount of eye liner or swag will capture that indefinable magic...

Edited by Intercourse

I don't see how a companion to Chinese Democracy even works when 5-6 years have gone by, but then we're looking at Pink Floyd putting the companion out to Division Bell out 20 years later.

The album probably is done, and I do think it'll do better than ChiDem if the next new song gets people excited and the label gives it proper promotion. Otherwise he might as well just charge 20-30 bucks for listening parties of the unfinished stuff and never release it.

Everyone always fears Axl writing with Ashba. What I'd ideally love is a quickly assembled Lies style mostly acoustic album mostly co-written with Tommy. I still listen to Village Gorilla Head all the time. Guy's a terrific songwriter. I may as well wish for my dick to splooge out thousand dollar bills of course.

• Like 2

You know i dug dj ever since i saw him with sixx am the guy can play n write a strong hook. Example(life is beautiful). Itd be nice to hear what hes written. Give the guy a chance. Maybe just maybe itll be as good as izzy n axl were.