Dj Ashba: The stuff I've written sounds like classic Guns N' Roses

More gold from this interview:

When you hear me solo, I just have a certain style of playing thats my sound. With Guns, I approach that very differently. Its me playing the early stuff, so its going to sound like me playing it. I try and stay as true to what was originally written as possible.

"Robert: When you’re playing with Guns N’ Roses or Sixx: A.M., what are a few things about the way you approach guitar playing, that you make it your own?

DJ Ashba: I’ve always had my own sound. It’s the same way with Sixx: A.M.

You can go back to demo tapes in the ’90s. And even though I wasn’t a pro player yet, I still had a certain sound that sounds like I play today. It’s a unique sound.

When you hear me solo, I just have a certain style of playing that’s my sound. With Guns, I approach that very differently. It’s me playing the early stuff, so it’s going to sound like me playing it. I try and stay as true to what was originally written as possible. That’s what I would want from anybody who stepped in those shoes."

Uhh... I'm not even gonna touch this.

"The songs are so classic, the solos are so classic, I really try and stay as true to those as possible."

But that is a blatant lie... God, I hope it is. I sure hope that what we hear isn't him trying his best to stay true to the songs. Cause if it is, his best sucks.

• Like 3

More gold from this interview:

When you hear me solo, I just have a certain style of playing thats my sound. With Guns, I approach that very differently. Its me playing the early stuff, so its going to sound like me playing it. I try and stay as true to what was originally written as possible.

4bbf65c9-1011-4978-a7a0-21f4df4a7ae8_Bre

• Like 2

Axl, of course, has, I believe, two complete albums worth of songs already recorded and probably a shit-load of other stuff Ive never heard. Hes played me quite a bit of stuff thats phenomenal, and, hopefully, I can get my hands on it and put my little stamp on it, before all is said and done.

Hopefully he can't get his hands on it and put his stamp on it.

• Like 3

Ok to be fair to DJ he hasn't had to chance to demonstrate his sound on a GNR record. The guy could be amazing on record for all we know.

I do not believe he is some amazing link that will bring back the sound of old GNR, but until he's able to put a sound on a record then we can't say for sure how great or bad it will be.

I think his Better remix is great, but I really hope he just re-record a few solos and don't mess with the rest of the song like BBF did

To be fair its not like BBF knew or had a choice. It probably was, "hey play over this and do a solo for this" not "hey if you want you could solo over Brian May stuff, robin's stuff, and bucket's stuff"

(then again maybe he did *dun dun dun*)

It has been so fucking hilarious to see the forum slowly turn on this piece of shit over the years. I remember when a great deal of posters actually thought he was a good guitarist and important part of the band, my god. Glad to see the forum has turned out to have common sense in the end.

• Like 4

Ok to be fair to DJ he hasn't had to chance to demonstrate his sound on a GNR record. The guy could be amazing on record for all we know.

I do not believe he is some amazing link that will bring back the sound of old GNR, but until he's able to put a sound on a record then we can't say for sure how great or bad it will be.

Based on his work so far (and esp. with the new Sixx AM album) he will be generic and bad

Based on his work so far (and esp. with the new Sixx AM album) he will be generic and bad

I agree haha but he says it is a different sound than his so I'm hoping he's right. I'm not a Sixx AM fan so I'm not real excited about what he brings, but there's always that small chance he could make a good GNR record.