Sepultura

CheapJon

I figured I'd take the Snake-pit route and post a video or two of a song from the band. Here goes:

Now when that's done let's talk Sepultura. Feel free to ramble on about Soulfly, Cavalera Conspiracy or some other relataded band as well.

I've (just like with Pantera) rarely listened to their 80's music apart from a few songs. Don't think I've heard a single Sepultura song with the "new" singer. Is it worth checking out?

Never saw them live (I was 6 when Max left) but I was at a CC concert a few years ago which was pretty cool. Listened a bit to Soulfly's second record today, will listen to them some more when I have the time.

• Like 2

Like Pantera, I was right into them in the early-mid 90's- Max left and they cancelled the gig I was going to see them at.

I rarely listen to really heavy music anymore, but when in the mood will enjoy the fuck out of some classic Sepultura- Arise being the go to.

Roots is sort of like their Black album, seemed like the bees knees at the time but nowadays but in retrospect it was the beginning of the end.

My best mate used to Morbid Visions/Bestial Devastation and Schizophrenia on cassette, found them practically unlistenable at the time and haven't revisited.

He also continued to buy the first couple of albums with Derrick Green as the singer- I was not into them but the songs with Mike Patton ( and Jello?) were cool...haven't heard them with just Andreas Kisser though.

What I heard of Soulfly I just found embarrassing, in particular the film clip to SEEK AND STRIKE :rofl-lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWzjoWxObU0

I think that makes hair metal look and sound cool in comparison.

Great band, both with and without Max. Saw them live earlier this year and they were really good. Andreas is one of my favourite guitar players. Roots is absolute dogshit though, and the first two with Derrick aren't much better. They've been pretty solid since though, and albums like Dante and The Mediator are pretty strong. Beneath the Remains will always be their pinnacle though.

I couldn't listen to this stuff these days but this is another band from my youth, the thrash stuff that is. I remember they went 'nu-metal' with Roots, abandoning thrash. Roots was one of the first massive releases of the 'nu metal' scene in fact, Roots, Korn, Demanufacture I remember greasy teenagers wearing Roots t-shirts in Newcastle. This was when I realised that a split was happening in metal, between the older way and, what became, 'nu metal' (although nobody used that term until later).

I figured I'd take the Snake-pit route

What, the uphill garden path? :lol:

Please watch that SEEK N STRIKE clip I posted and give us your opinion of it Mr Godber :drevil:

Len is simply going to love Pultura. It would remind him of every greasy lank haired black clad zit ridden individual he fought with in London town, when defending 2unlimited's honour back in the 90s.

I'm well aware of Max Cavalera and his merry men, in the years where i was crazy about GnR in the early to mid 90s it was wankers like Sepultura and Megadeth that populated the front cover of Kerrang and such shit-rags...and no one ever fought metallers, they never had the bottle to turn up :lol:

I remember when they broke up quite distinctly for some reason.

Edited by Lennie Godber

Long story cut short:

- Max was/is married to their then manager.

- The band wanted her gone so they fired her.

- In the meantime, Max's stepson dies in a car crash.

- Andreas, the lead guitarist, his wife organises Max's stepson's funeral without Max or his wife's consent.

- Max says screw you I'm going home, he's out of the band, his brother Igor and him don't talk for the next 10 years.

I'm well aware of Max Cavalera and his merry men, in the years where i was crazy about GnR in the early to mid 90s it was wankers like Sepultura and Megadeth that populated the front cover of Kerrang and such shit-rags...and no one ever fought metallers, they never had the bottle to turn up :lol:

Sounds like you were fighting Motley Crue fans, not Slayer fans. :lol:

Long story cut short:

- Max was/is married to their then manager.

- The band wanted her gone so they fired her.

- In the meantime, Max's stepson dies in a car crash.

- Andreas, the lead guitarist, his wife organises Max's stepson's funeral without Max or his wife's consent.

- Max says screw you I'm going home, he's out of the band, his brother Igor and him don't talk for the next 10 years.

Sounds like you were fighting Motley Crue fans, not Slayer fans. :lol:

Wow, I didn't know the bit where the Kisser's did Zyon's funeral- at the time all I heard was that Gloria was "only" interested in representing Max rather than the band.

I actually prefer the ( Andreas, Igor, Paulo, Green) Sepultura to the dumb, gimmicky shit that was Soulfly.