The Smiths
The Spinners
Sting
Stevie Ray Vaughan
War
Bill Withers
rockhall.com/inductees/#sthash.4LiiGxJ6.dpuf
Edited by usemyillusions

Not much to talk about with this year's inductions it seems.

Lou Reed - he should have been in years ago. I honestly can't even believe they are inducting him now. He died after they announced last years, so obviously this is the first they could get him up there. It is disrespectful that he had to die for him to get their attention, and its just plain unnecessary at this juncture cause he was still going and would have performed and said some great things, etc. He had the commercial and critical catalogue for his solo career that he should have been inducted years ago. Its just rude the way they are handling that, but he's most likely a shoe in.

Joan Jett - I'm not a fan, but I'm sure she'll get in. She's been campaigning for them for years (I remember when she performed for Dave Clark 5 and for Nirvana last year thats exactly what I thought) and I don't blame her for that because obviously it seems thats what you have to do to get on their good side. She's a good enough performer and has a big catalogue of music that she'll get the nomination I think. Granted most of her big songs are covers, but she'll get in, and she's a girl (no offense, but they need women), so she'll get in for that alone.

Green Day - I am a fan, and I don't think they should, but they will. They have the critical acclaim and they are new enough and they are still active that they will go in immediately. They are the "Nirvana" of this year of being the most "modern" example of a Hall Of Fame band. They don't deserve to be in though, at least not yet, and its kind of unreal they are going in before people like Pearl Jam, etc. Even if those guys can't be nominated yet, you can just see they are rushing bands like Green Day to the hall.

Stevie Ray Vaughn - Should be in and will go in. He should have been in years ago. Its insane he isn't. I'd be shocked if they snub him from the nomination.

The rest all suck IMO. Again, Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, Chic, Kraftwerk, NWA, WAR do not fit for me. The 5th one will probably be NWA.

The biggest news from this is who they are still snubbing. Deep Purple was the third of the big snubs (with Rush and KISS) so I was positive they would get rid of that this year. Again, Deep Purple isn't even a big band of mine, but I don't deny their impact and talent. Its so silly they aren't in yet. This hall is a fucking travesty.

NWA is all I care about on the nominee list. If they're gonna go down the rap road (which they obviously are) then NWA is about the most important rap artist they could induct.

Thats fair and I agree with that, but at the end of the day it is the Rock And Roll hall of fame. Even if they've made a complete joke about it, I'd still like to see rock bands go in it. I guess I have this weird emotion that every year makes me want them to try and get better. Even if NWA is the best of the rap inductees, I just can't bring myself to vote for an act I don't think would even nominate themselves for this Hall in the first place.

Eh, not a lot I'd care to see here. Maybe Bill Withers (though I'm not a huge fan of his), Lou Reed, Stevie Ray Vaughan and The Smiths, but that's about it.

Alice in Chains better be on next year's list though. Seriously, if GNR and Nirvana get in their first eligible year, Alice in Chains should too.

On an unrelated note, according to this: http://www.futurerocklegends.com/future_eligibles.php Adam Sandler's eligible in 2018. I'd vote for him to get in just for the hilarity that would ensue.

Alice in Chains better be on next year's list though. Seriously, if GNR and Nirvana get in their first eligible year, Alice in Chains should too.

They won't and you can be assured of that. Whether you're a fan or not, they didn't have the worldwide appeal that GNR or Nirvana had. You can't really compare them to those guys. And as much as the band loves to induct "newer" people, they simply didn't have enough impact. You have to be a Pearl Jam or Green Day to get nominated first ballot. You have to take the world by storm at some point in your life (Ten, Dookie and American Idiot, respectively) and stick around to really make it. Those bands have it that Alice In Chains doesn't.

I could even see the Hall thinking Soundgarden is more worthy that AIC. And thats not that I disagree with you. Just saying I think thats how many would see it. AIC kind of got stuck in the middle of all that stuff and never really rose to the top to be someone people consider a Hall Of Fame band.

• Like 1

Am I the only one that saw SRV on that list and said "What? He isn't in yet?"

As far as the others, meh. Lou Reed will get the sympathy vote, unfortunately. Sorry, never got the fuss over that guy.

It seems way too soon for Green Day and NIN. Nothing against either going in at some point, though. Especially Trent.

And for the love of God, the Smiths should NEVER, EVER be inducted.

Edited by The Real McCoy

Nominees have been announced

2015 nominations:
The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Chic
Green Day
Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
Kraftwerk
The Marvelettes
N.W.A
Nine Inch Nails
Lou Reed
The Smiths
The Spinners
Sting
Stevie Ray Vaughan
War
Bill Withers

Cheap Trick (a band Green Day was heavily influenced by), Roxy Music, Deep Purple, New York Dolls, and Electric Light Orchestra completely off the list. Replacements completely off the list this year. Never see Styx or REO Speedwagon on the list.

Joan Jett's long overdue.

Chic keeps being in the running.

Nile Rodgers, Brian Eno and Todd Rundgren should be in as producers.

• Like 1

Nominees have been announced

2015 nominations:
The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Chic
Green Day
Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
Kraftwerk
The Marvelettes
N.W.A
Nine Inch Nails
Lou Reed
The Smiths
The Spinners
Sting
Stevie Ray Vaughan
War
Bill Withers

Green Day is a lock this year.

Other than them, NIN have a good shot.

Joan Jett will finally get in.

Chic will finally get in.

Lou Reed will get in, a decade too late.

And I would guess Sting is gonna get in.