The Case of the Missing GNR Album

What is the main reason CD2 has not yet been released?   

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think...

1. Axl feels the songs are incomplete without Slash on guitar. Assuming this is a joke option- but it seems he feels the opposite, right?

I do wonder about this point from time to time. There is no other explanation that makes much sense to me to explain the delay from 2002 to 2008. We know there were rumours that Axl wanted Slash to come in and play guitar on a couple of tracks for CD, without necessarily returning to the band full-time. We also know there were rumours around 2005 or so about a reunion. I think it is possible Axl was dissatisfied with the songs overall, and even if it was only on a subconscious level, may have been "waiting" for Slash. I find it interesting that after Slash's visit to his house and the reunion rumours fell apart in 2005, the silence ended and Axl came back with a tour in 2006, and said the album was definitely coming out that year (even though it eventually did not). So while I don't think this is the actual reason for the delay, it is an interesting one to think about.

• Like 1

I'm guessing the next album isn't very good. It's like writing an essay and upon re-reading it you realize everything you wrote sucked and it's bs that will never get you a good grade. You don't want to go back and re-write it but you don't want to turn it in either...so you just kinda leave it alone bc too much work was put into it, but it's not good enough.

I'm guessing Axl feels something like this about the next album. I mean if I went back and looked at something I wrote 14 years ago I'd probably hate it!

If Axl had any motivation I'd tell him to start fresh, but we all know he won't.

Axl wanted C.D. to set the world alight. For one reason and another it didn't. Probably hurt/disappointed him pretty bad. Probably doesn't see a reason to go through it again.

as I see it.. too little too late.

"these are the songs were thinking of NOT putting on the album....

I think CD II is done as Axl said but whether they want to go into the studio and record with the current guys and build off that or just put CD II out. Where's the label on this? What's their take? Just hand over CD II? Which way do they swing?

I guess once they have done their solo projects we'll find out if they return to tour or record/release.

I think it's 2004 territory, so it will take 4 more years to get the material out. 2018. 2020 more realistically.

With Axl saying he has material all done, will the label be like great so we'll pay for you to record more stuff we don't release? Seems unlikely.

I think Axl put the 'best of' nuGuns in Chinese Democracy and, as we all know, it wasn't very well received. Some people love the album, some others think it's shit, but the vast majority simply don't care enough about it. For one reason or another, it's a very forgettable album among the Guns N 'Roses fanbase.

Considering how much time, effort, butthurt and tears Axl put into that album, I would say he's not interested in going back to that nightmare again only to please part of his remaining fanbase.

To me, Axl doesn't seem to have a motive anymore. The Axl that wanted to show the world that he was Guns N' Roses and that his band didn't need Slash to be "Gn'R" died years ago. It seems to me that he has given up, however, he will never admit it.

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 2

I think it had favorable reviews and 5-6 songs played live is about as good as it gets.

That's kind of why I think they will put CD II out.

I don't see why he'd come so far to throw in the towel.

They will be back touring SA next year for sure.

I think it had favorable reviews and 5-6 songs played live is about as good as it gets.

They'll tour as long as Axl wants to/is capable of doing so. as for CD ll: if you build it, they will cum.

I think Axl wants to release the second half. I don't know but I guess Axl likes to add new people in the line up that weren't there when the Chinese songs were built.

I'm guessing we'll get mostly Bucket and Robin solos, and Bumble like on Chinese, only Dj will have a solo or two or even a song if it will really fit the style.

Seems kinda risky but this is new Guns. Axl will try everything. He really likes to include. Even Frank with Brain playing Freese's drum parts on Better.

And the label...I don't know how Axl and the label even begin to deal with each other after Chinese 1. Lawyers, lawyers, lawyers.

Edited by Rovim

They'll tour as long as Axl wants to/is capable of doing so. as for CD ll: if you built it, they will cum.

I think Axl wants to release the second half. I don't know but I guess Axl likes to add new people in the line up that weren't there when the Chinese songs were built.

I'm guessing we'll get mostly Bucket and Robin solos, and Bumble like on Chinese, only Dj will have a solo or two or even a song if it will really fit the style.

Seems kinda risky but this is new Guns. Axl will try everything. He really likes to include. Even Frank with Brain playing Freese's drum parts on Better.

And the label...I don't know how Axl and the label even begin to deal with each other after Chinese 1. Lawyers, lawyers, lawyers.

ACDC, U2 have new records out. So it seems about right, given Axl has said the record is done. Getting Dj on it some how might be good for promo.

I think they just need a standard release just get it out there and tour it. Sounds to simple though. They need to use drones to deliver the album to UMG HQ.

We just haven't heard anything from the label or TB. or Pitman was saying how they couldn't be bothered to do one.

My sources tell me that CD2 is only 3 tracks but 76 minutes long, and it'll be out before Christmas 2016. Again, not 100% but that's what my sources inside the camp are saying.

Axl called Bucket to try to get him back too. He offered to fire everyone else in the band and let Bucket hire the new band. Bucket rejected the offer via an email written by a sock puppet.

• Like 2

The man just don't give a fuck anymore.

Ok but why doesn´t he make it official with a press release? Why don´t the record company make it official either? It has to be a reason why nobody breaks the silence.

The man won't cave in.

Can MyGNR solve the case?

Nope

My strogest guess is Axl not sure if he can pull the new unheard tracks on a live show. Plus record label shit. Plus lack of interest, unsure if Ron leaves there's more reasons on this story than we would even imagine, imo, but mostly a proper touring and live performances are the key

They'll tour as long as Axl wants to/is capable of doing so. as for CD ll: if you built it, they will cum.

ACDC, U2 have new records out. So it seems about right, given Axl has said the record is done. Getting Dj on it some how might be good for promo.

I think they just need a standard release just get it out there and tour it. Sounds to simple though. They need to use drones to deliver the album to UMG HQ.

We just haven't heard anything from the label or TB. or Pitman was saying how they couldn't be bothered to do one.

AC/DC and U2 - even with major changes in the band or in the landscape of music they have no problem shitting out another turd. Axl writes the songs, records them, and then...he doesn't usually release the material for whatever reason so maybe not a good example if we're talking Gn'R here. (we're always talkin' Gn'R here)

My guess is Pitman and Dizzy don't know much and they probably have zero influence. If Axl wants to move forward, that's already a good sign. The record company needs to agree to a promotion Axl feels is proper. He's not gonna tour CD for 2 years and stop. This will probably be the last integrity tour before he's 60. He won't slouch with the release like last time when he didn't promote it to spite evil reunion midget.

Edited by Rovim

The world just isnt capable of understanding CD2. The mystery and awe of it all will shift the power dynamics of the military industrial complex and the corporate states of the world will crumble into chaos. To that end top government scientist have confiscated the sonic tonality of it and are retro engineering it into a massive weapon of mass destruction

The world just isnt capable of understanding CD2. The mystery and awe of it all will shift the power dynamics of the military industrial complex and the corporate states of the world will crumble into chaos. To that end top government scientist have confiscated the sonic tonality of it and are retro engineering it into a massive weapon of mass destruction

"In the end, it's just a complex masterpiece".

What's the point of writing and recording music as a band if you aren't going to share that music with your fans?

Everybody from Axl to Beta to band members have talked about there being a bunch more music.

Even if Axl has lost his creative juices and doesn't want to write, record and release new music, then why not just release the rest of the CD songs?

Axl and Beta, for the love of all that is good in the world, please think about Axl's millions of fans. The ones who paid for that beautiful mansion you guys live in!!!! Forget about the feuds, the people you think are "haters" and think about the MILLION of Axl Rose and GnR supporters - those are the important people, not the haters!!! Go back and remember what happened between 1987-1991 when you release 3.5 albums worth of material and were the BIGGEST band in the world. Releasing music is a "thank you" and a treat for your FANS. Not releasing music........who wins in that situation? Nobody.

Let's make 2015 be a year for the fans!!!

What's the point of writing and recording music as a band if you aren't going to share that music with your fans?

Everybody from Axl to Beta to band members have talked about there being a bunch more music.

Even if Axl has lost his creative juices and doesn't want to write, record and release new music, then why not just release the rest of the CD songs?

Axl and Beta, for the love of all that is good in the world, please think about Axl's millions of fans. The ones who paid for that beautiful mansion you guys live in!!!! Forget about the feuds, the people you think are "haters" and think about the MILLION of Axl Rose and GnR supporters - those are the important people, not the haters!!! Go back and remember what happened between 1987-1991 when you release 3.5 albums worth of material and were the BIGGEST band in the world. Releasing music is a "thank you" and a treat for your FANS. Not releasing music........who wins in that situation? Nobody.

Let's make 2015 be a year for the fans!!!

For the status quo to be maintained, it's important for TB to perpetuate the notion that the fans are the enemy. And ironically these forums, full of rabidly frustrated fanatics as they are, help with that.

The truth of course is that the masses, or the millions as you put it, simply don't care anymore. If not the imagination, it's the nostalgia of these part-time fans that guns needs to harness to be huge again.

With things as they are (unprofessional management with clear conflict of interest, irreconcilable differences with original members, needless perpetuation of ancient grudges) there is only a vanishingly small chance that this will occur.

Edited by HubbaBubba
  • Like 1

AC/DC and U2 - even with major changes in the band or in the landscape of music they have no problem shitting out another turd. Axl writes the songs, records them, and then...he doesn't usually release the material for whatever reason so maybe not a good example if we're talking Gn'R here. (we're always talkin' Gn'R here)

My guess is Pitman and Dizzy don't know much and they probably have zero influence. If Axl wants to move forward, that's already a good sign. The record company needs to agree to a promotion Axl feels is proper. He's not gonna tour CD for 2 years and stop. This will probably be the last integrity tour before he's 60. He won't slouch with the release like last time when he didn't promote it to spite evil reunion midget.

But as a guide to how the industry is moving, U2, ABCD came out around CD time. If Axl has what he thinks is a record then the label should be ready. U2 did a deal with the devil so that might suggest the numbers aren't good. DC have a solid fan base they untouchable.

I guess the label still defaults to reunion. If they never give Axl a another shot then they keep the records left for a reunion or Best of.

But there's 30 mil in it for the label if CD II sells similar to CD.

But as a guide to how the industry is moving, U2, ABCD came out around CD time. If Axl has what he thinks is a record then the label should be ready. U2 did a deal with the devil so that might suggest the numbers aren't good. DC have a solid fan base they untouchable.

I guess the label still defaults to reunion. If they never give Axl a another shot then they keep the records left for a reunion or Best of.

When you wipe the hater shit out of your eyes (not you) it's not hard to believe Axl got 40 to 50 really good Chinese tunes in his vault (stitched to the inside of Paul's stomach like that fat guy from The Dark Knight in Gordon's cell)

He's a natural born hoarder cause he likes to tinker. It will come out eventually and not when he's dead imo. I don't know how many people care or how it will sell but the situation is kinda like Queen when they had aids as a band: few short years of touring until no integrity, but as a studio entity it can keep on going. Axl believes in drama and he'll go out in a blaze of dignity. CD ll might be the last album which he supports with a tour that's worth a shit. If you believe in miracles, perhaps DJ will light a fire under his ass and get him to release another fresh one, but I don't know.

As I see it, you can't really predict Axl cause even insane people somewhat change with time, but the record company is all about the money baby, and seeing how Axl imo is incapable of just releasing something with no support behind it ($$$) he won't until he can get what he feels is the best deal. But no best buy so where do we go now?

Edited by Rovim

When you wipe the hater shit out of your eyes (not you) it's not hard to believe Axl got 40 to 50 really good Chinese tunes in his vault (stitched to the inside of Paul's stomach like that fat guy from The Dark Knight in Gordon's cell)

He's a natural born hoarder cause he likes to tinker. It will come out eventually and not when he's dead imo. I don't know how many people care or how it will sell but the situation is kinda like Queen when they had aids as a band: few short years of touring until no integrity, but as a studio entity it can keep on going. Axl believes in drama and he'll go out in a blaze of dignity. CD ll might be the last album which he supports with a tour that's worth a shit. If you believe in miracles, perhaps DJ will light a fire under his ass and get him to release another fresh one, but I don't know.

As I see it, you can't really predict Axl cause even insane people somewhat change with time, but the record company is all about the money baby, and seeing how Axl imo is incapable of just releasing something with no support behind it ($$$) he won't until he can get what he feels is the best deal. But no best buy so where do we go now?

Maybe when they get back off solo duty they will get the band or a band together and tour SA. The label must be waiting for the iTunes deal. Silkworms uploads automatically on everyone's hard drive.

Rollercoaster of Destruction will be a wild ride.

• Like 1