Metallica

Snake-Pit

Maiden became a nostalgia band despite they occasionally release new records...

LOL, Maiden's creative output far outweights Metallica's since they brought Bruce and Adrian back. You can almost count on a new album every 3ish years. Metallica's made St. Anger and Death Magnetic but very little else original since Load/Reload. Maiden also alternate their tours between modern and retro themes, if anything they've slowed down now, but they're still a far more viable creative entity than Metallica.

• Like 1

Were these the 30th anniversary shows? Those things were epic.

yeah those were some awesome shows. seeing mercyful fate with metallica is awesome. also seeing jason back and dave was awesome as well.

Man, I can't wait for another King Diamond album.

next year, cannot wait as well he sounds much better now after the surgery :headbang::headbang::headbang:

• Like 1

What about GNR to release their own SOME KIND OF GNR MONSTER? Ha? What a great idea to see Axl screaming like Lars,"HE FOCKING LEFT THE FOCKING BAND" for slash.For buckethead,"HE STILL WEARS THAT FOCKING BUCKET IN HIS FOCKING HEAD,JESUS CHRIST,IM GONNA FIRE HIM!"179349.gif?v=1

We need that whole movie,more interesting than waiting an old stuff of CD II to be released someday soon.

And then trujillo going crazy and playing bango like crazy?

rob-trujillo-gorilla-o.gif

Edited by Majestic Beast

And Justice For All... is my fave metallica record, they pretty much got as far as they could go at the time, I think the Black Album was a great solution.

Load ought've been condensed into a single record, some very good stuff on the two, a lot of filler. ST.Anger would've been an okay first demo to build on, DM is them finding their feet again (yep this band can take 5 years to do so) and recycling the old formulas, some great songs, some average but a nice direction, I expect the next to be a lot better but it won't matter for all intents and purposes if it isn't since the arenas will still beckon.

Rebel of Babylon and Hate Train are better than a lot of the songs on Magnetic.

Oh yeah and Fade To Black... see Sabbath's The Straightener and A National Acrobat.

I think Death Magnetic gets a bit too much abuse because of the production, which admittedly was shambolic. I also would have chopped the first two-three songs off, shortening up the running time. I am not overly fond of 'That Was Just Your Life' whereas 'End Of The Line' and 'Broken, Beaten and Scarred' are just average in my opinion. The album does not really hit its stride until track four, after which, it is virtually perfection to the final track. I would have also altered the running order so it began with Cyanide.

I think if DM had better production values and was a bit shorter, it would be a pretty damn good album. Or, maybe if they took out some of the dead songs and put in some re-worked demos from Beyond Magnetic. Like Rebel Of Babylon, for example. It would be pretty good if they re-worked it and put it on the album. Also, I think the instrumental is good, and it shows why Hetfield should write more lead guitar parts.

1. That Was Just Your Life

2. Broken, Beat, & Scarred

3. All Nightmare Long

4. The Judas Kiss

5. Just A Bullet Away

6. Rebel Of Babylon

7. Suicide & Redemption (full version)

8. My Apocalypse (with the extended intro)

That would've been much better. For me, at least haha.

I think they were trying to be, primal - that is the best word I have for it, primal - with St Anger. Just have this punk rock, fuck everything up, mentality in the studio, which entailed lyrics like 'tick tock'. The problem was, it got completely lost in translation. Not that I am defending the album as I think it is a big pile of steaming poo - just trying to understand their thinking. This was why they ditched guitar solos also.

My ideal Death Magnetic

1. That Was Just Your Life

2. Broken, Beat and Scarred

3. Rebel of Babylon

4. Unforgiven III

5. Cyanide

6. The End of the Line

7. Hate Train

8. Hell and Back / All Nightmare Long

9. Suicide and Redemption

It's a damn shame Hetfield doesn't let loose on the solos, he's a very accomplished lead player, sometimes Hammett just noodles away repeating himself, 7 times out of 10 he hits good stuff, the other 3 could do with James coming up with something. I don't really like TDTNC or My Apocalyse, there they are really pushing the recycle formula. Judas Kiss has a great chorus but the verses are just too plodding and muddled for me.

Edited by RandallFlagg

James and Lars need to do an album with Mustaine like he suggested. Think of the possibilities!

They more or less get along - Dave has hung out with James and Lars individually, but as good as a new Metallica album would be with Dave contributing to it in some way, I don't know if they could put the differences aside. Maybe they'll write a few songs together before calling it a day and decide whether they're Metallica or Megadeth songs. It's still pretty fragile.

I think it's glaringly obvious that their heart isn't into METAL anymore, and while I fully respect them trying to appease their fans it just doesn't ring true to my ears and I'd prefer they went and did what they really want to do.

I stopped giving a fuck years and years ago, but is it just me or does Trujilio really not fit in?

I think it's glaringly obvious that their heart isn't into METAL anymore, and while I fully respect them trying to appease their fans it just doesn't ring true to my ears and I'd prefer they went and did what they really want to do.

I stopped giving a fuck years and years ago, but is it just me or does Trujilio really not fit in?

Yeah, you know... I think if Cliff was alive, a lot would have been different. There is a lack of direction. They don't know where to go anymore. I'd say they didn't know where to go after the black album.

Yeah, you know... I think if Cliff was alive, a lot would have been different. There is a lack of direction. They don't know where to go anymore. I'd say they didn't know where to go after the black album.

i think these two posts sums it up perfectly IMO. after AJFA they started to lose what they wanted to be and after the black album they lost all direction. then they just started jumping on trends. during that time they would take jabs at metal bands all the time, and lars continues to do this( the art community in europe will get lulu but a fan in nebraska wont)

then thrash gets hot again and metallica sees the light and loves thrash again(yeah right) i think really they should just do what they want at this point, i know they talk about thats what they do anyways but to me it just sounds forced. too many bands have done it, and if it is done right with heart even us stupid metal fans might buy it :P

I think they were trying to be, primal - that is the best word I have for it, primal - with St Anger. Just have this punk rock, fuck everything up, mentality in the studio, which entailed lyrics like 'tick tock'. The problem was, it got completely lost in translation. Not that I am defending the album as I think it is a big pile of steaming poo - just trying to understand their thinking. This was why they ditched guitar solos also.

The funny thing is if you're listen to the deep cuts (for ex: Dirty Window) from St. Anger when you're high, the whole album gets a new vibe, and seems like a great metal album. If you're sober then that's other story. The shitty snare and too long songs killing it, but NOT when you're stoned

For the money and being sell outs

But that's fine for me as long as the shows were good