Revolution - Russell Brand

Len Cnut

Brand is a total cock, him and his mate Ross.

You took that 'scandal' seriously, really? :lol: An absolute load of fuckin' bollocks that was, my soul weeps for the nation if thats the sort of shit we take seriously enough for it to warrant the fuckin' Prime Minister talking about it in Parliament.

Those two idiots were fairly puerile.

Lennon spoke a lot of bollocks during his bed in phrase.

Out of interest Dies', where do you stand politically? Certainly aint Labour and i cant imagine you going a bundle on Cam' or what have ya so like, yeah, what is your stance, broadly speaking, in terms of economics and politics etc etc?

I do not vote. Simple as that. How do you choose between Wanker Exhibit One, Wanker Exhibit Two, etc?

So what do you do? Not you personally I mean the universal you. To begin with you agree there's a problem with the wankers around nowadays, how'd you reckon you go about fixing it?

I do not vote. Simple as that. How do you choose between Wanker Exhibit One, Wanker Exhibit Two, etc?

So what do you do? Not you personally I mean the universal you. To begin with you agree there's a problem with the wankers around nowadays, how'd you reckon you go about fixing it?

There is no way to fix British politics unless we wipe the old parties away, the Tories and Labour and create new ones. But unfortunately the British are parochial creatures who constantly put forward the same two sets of wankers, and because of the voting system here it is sort of pointless voting anyhow.

The problem lies with the British population. You actually get the political parties you deserve. It is very easy to kill off a party: you simply do not elect their MPs. Look at what happened when the Liberals collapsed after the First World War. But because the old parochialism rears its head, 30% of the country vote Tory, 30%, Labour, you are always going to get these two parties. Most people do not even read the manifestos; they just vote, Labour, because their father did. You vote for the same cack, you get the same cack.

The Westminster establishment, Labour and Tory, are an elite class who basically have nothing in common with the electorate they represent. They advocate political correctness, mass immigration and greater integration with the EU - all values that are anathema to the mass majority of people living here. I tell you the reason why we have never had an EU referendum. Because we will deliver the 'wrong' result. They know this.

I was talking to someone about this last night and his position was, at least in the Russell Brand/Lennon sense of revolution, it's ridiculous, especially in a country like England, first of all people revolt when they are on their uppers, on the last straw, they don't revolt just cuz someone came on the telly telling them too.

And also, that power is hardly ever, basically never just given like that or waved into ones hands with the use of placards, it is taken violently and the only time masses of people can be spurred to such action is when they are completely destitute, which the British public aren't and don't look like they are likely to be ever.

Basically his point was that the whole things a bit of a cocksuck :lol:

The British are not of a revolutionary temperament. Our last revolution was 1688 and it was a sedate, 'British', affair, a mere invitation by a bunch of Whig gentry, to a small Dutchman with smallpox, to assume the monarchy. We avoided revolution when other countries were toppling like dominoes to class warfare and revolutionary ideology. 1789-99, 1830, 1848 were all potent years for European Revolution yet Britain soldiered on, relatively unscathed, sustained by our constitutional monarchy, parliament, two-way party politics, common law, sedate brand of state-Christianity and global trade. There is something in the national psyche here, a certain preference for the art of compromise, conservatism, 'Fabianism'; a certain indifference/distaste for rhetorical zeal and ideological passion. This, in my opinion, is why the whole Scottish referendum seemed a little, alien, to the susceptibilities of, least people south of the Tweed if not north of it: the very passions of the debate (even the Unionist passions) seemed terribly, un-British. You also have to look at figures like Brand and Lennon. Well, my mother's opinion on Lennon when he was doing those bed-ins was probably a good reflection of 99% of the people in the country at the time: ''What a plonker. I used to like his music also but now he is just acting like an idiot''. People like that become figures of ridicule and are usually put down with, typically British humour. You could say as such about the way bastards like Mosley were treated here, just as much as geniuses like Lennon.

I was reading about his book today. I am with him on atheists; Brand, like myself, finds them generally annoying self righteous creatures. We have that in common, but what is all this shite about beheading poor Baby Prince George? Also, abolishing the nation state.

I've not read it but are you sure he said that? :lol: