BIGGEST CONCERN: the SETLIST!

pockets

my BIGGEST CONCERN is the SETLIST

because the concerts gnr played recently featured about only 5 new songs from Chinese played and over 20 plus classics from appetite, illusions, and lies

this is my biggest concern because I want dj ashba and bumblefoot to move forward. but they always seem to be stuck in a bubble playing slash

why can't more songs from Chinese be played? I know Chinese songs isn't dj's or bumble's work - because Chinese songs is bucket and robin original works - but at least playing more Chinese songs would get away from dj and bumble playing another slash song

what about dropping it's so easy and mr. brownstone for TWAT and if the world?

how about cutting patience and nightrain for a few unreleased new songs?

and why not replace knockin on heaven's door with catcher and prostitute? or shackler's and prostitute?

there's lots of setlist changes that can be made like this and this is how you can mix the setlist up and make it different every night

this is what I would prefer for the next gnr concerts if they go on tour in 2015

because the gnr setlist is my biggest concern and I think it's time for change

Edited by pockets

Certain songs either work better live or get better reaction?

The balance is about right maybe they could rotate more. Maybe they get in a groove with a song for a leg of a tour.

I personally wouldn't mind Shacklers and ITW instead of Easy and Brown as its nu Guns.

Edited by wasted

I don't believe gnr is a cash cow concert brand or that axl's vocals have become weak live

I believe change can be made with the setlist that will make the concerts surprising every night

i'm looking at the 2014 gnr concert setlists and they're heavily dominated by the gnr classics

and on top of that there is more rock covers and solo spots done than more Chinese songs or unreleased new songs too

so in looking at a recent setlist this is what I think the next concert setlist should be

possible 2015 setlist

Chinese democracy

welcome to the jungle

twat

if the world

estranged

catcher in the rye

live and let die

this I love

better

unreleased new song from cd2

street of dreams

you could be mine

sweet child o mine

you're crazy (acoustic)

November rain

shackler's revenge

civil war

irs

prostitute

madagascar

dead horse

paradise city

this is my gnr concert setlist for 2015

I've said again and again he could play half the set 'classic' Guns and half new material, 8 from old guns, 8 from new guns, but he has never progressed beyond 'handful of CD songs' since 2001 which is a damn shame but that's the hole Axl has dug, we were lucky to even get the actual Democracy album.

As long as folk hear November Rain, Jungle, Nightrain, Estranged, Don't Cry, Paradise, Brownstone, they will turn up regardless if they give two donkey shits about anything Axl tries after 96. Ball's always been in Axl's court.

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with the setlist. It's actually pretty good list and I get the whole concept of playing shows and the shows are not for the YouTube watchers it's for the fans.

Some of the smaller shows that he puts on specifically for the die hard fans like in Brooklyn, I think he could do more in terms of talking to the crowd and playing rarely played songs. Heck even new unreleased songs in these venues. I mean the people at these shows love the band and won't be overly critical of a show that's designed for the hard core fan.

The festivals and stuff I understand the classic presence in the setlist. And when on tour he should play more from Chinese deomocracy. But all in all it's not my biggest concern at the moment. I think we would all like Axl to get himself into shape and improve his voice to a consistent level.

Riad n the Bedouins

Shacklers Revenge

Better

Welcome to the Jungle

If the World

There was a Time

Live n Let Die

Street of Dreams

Catcher in the Rye

You Could Be Mine

Sweet Child

Chinese Democracy

New Song

Scraped

Sorry

Civil War

November Rain

Don't Cry

Estranged

IRS

Heavens Door

Nightrain

Madagascar

This I Love

Prostitute

Paradise City

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

The biggest concerns are the following:

No new album on the horizon

Unknown status of some band members like BBF

Total lack of information when there are plenty of rumors going around.

I couldn´t care less about the set list because I don´t even know if there is another a tour coming up

• Like 2

dropping slash staples like its so easy and mr brownstone for buckethead and robin finck staples like twat and if the world would be big change for the setlist. and it would be a refreshing change for dj ashba and bumblefoot to play at possible 2015 gnr concerts

and dropping another big slash staple like nightrain for a big buckethead staple like prostitute would be huge for the setlist and huge for dj and bumble too playing something different

and I don't think it's a bad thing to play a few unreleased new songs because everybody still thinks cd2 is coming out right? so this would be huge too for the setlist

and I don't think axl struggles with live singing. I believe axl is on top of his game with live vocals right now

dropping slash staples like its so easy and mr brownstone for buckethead and robin finck staples like twat and if the world would be big change for the setlist. and it would be a refreshing change for dj ashba and bumblefoot to play at possible 2015 gnr concerts

and dropping another big slash staple like nightrain for a big buckethead staple like prostitute would be huge for the setlist and huge for dj and bumble too playing something different

and I don't think it's a bad thing to play a few unreleased new songs because everybody still thinks cd2 is coming out right? so this would be huge too for the setlist

and I don't think axl struggles with live singing. I believe axl is on top of his game with live vocals right now

Agree about the vocals, the setlist in the last Vegas gigs were brilliant really, twat, prostitiute and yesterdays all in there, bring back maddy and drop catcher for me , it's rubbish. Easily play of the world or you're crazy . Every now n then a suprise set is good, opened with you could be mine in South America was great, would opening with paradise city be a bad thing ?

You can't replace a huge fan favourite like Nightrain with a CD song... just not going to work. Hard facts: slash played on all of GnRs biggest hits and most popular material... there is no escaping that fact so any musician in GnR will have to play lots of slash Material... the majority of people attending shows don;t care for CD, you have more hope of hearing some deep cut AFD or UYI I & II... at least that pleases everyone, and will usually generate a good crowd reaction, TWAT, if the world... good songs but relatively unknown... known songs will always be chosen over the obscure, until the obscure becomes popular enough to warrant a place in the set.

• Like 1