Halloween

Snake-Pit

I swear this year it's came early. - I know Halloween's the 31st of October and it's Allhallows Eve and November being the start of the winter solstice etc...

But this year celebrations like Halloween parties last Saturday and jackal lanterns liked and shared on Facebook...

When ever you start celebrating it, it's right around the corner and stuff is in the shops now anyway, so; I'm gonna kick start this thread, also, because as of last Saturday (for me) it's been like Halloween came early this year and for me; it's never done that before! lol

I clicked like on this still...

578986_10151221624164674_1141644900_n.pn

Thinking outside the box.

Loved the Ninja Turtles back in day.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Is Halloween pretty popular in England/Europe? I honestly don't know. Do kids trick or treat and all that?

It's only become popular in the last decade or so. It's just another reason for shops to sell you stuff you don't need, so of course they'll hop on. Something to keep the shops busy between the start of the new school year and Santa Clause.

I've only had kids do trick or treat the past two, three years, I think. I'm never prepared and I have to clear out the cupboards to find something. I've even had some of them say: You can give money as well <_< Yeah, as if. They got an apple :lol:

I've always loved Halloween. When I was a kid my friends and I would go all over the neighborhood getting candy and sometimes coins too.

My parents still checked all the candy before we ate it.

When my family and I moved to Dallas Texas I noticed that Halloween is not celebrated as much as it was in New York. Hardly anyone decorates their house which usually means no candy either.

I still decorate and give out bags of candy. I think my neighbor and I are the only two houses decorated on my block this year.

Some people here say "I don't believe in Halloween", which puzzles because I always thought of it as a holiday to dress up in cool costumes and go trick or treating or a Halloween party. I just don't understand people who make it out to be a devil's holiday. I mean come on!

It's like all the fun holidays are not being celebrated anymore and don't get me started on Christmas!