Check out This I Love with 99 Axl voice

wasted - I disagree. the hit til is the non remix til with mr. robin finck

dj ashba does a solid job playing slash. but dj should stay away from robins art. which includes til

and right now Chinese til should be a radio single and a big til video on axs tv, paladia, mtv, vh1, and fuse featuring mr robin finck directed by andy morhan

the guy who directed the gnr dc, e, nr music vid trilogy - spending millions on the videos

Edited by pockets

Why would they make a reworked song from an old album a single on a new album?

No reason why.

Why was Don't Cry Alt on UYI II?

It's total speculation, if CD II or Remix came out why not have Better Dj and the new version of TIL on it?

People seem to like the new version, I haven't heard it but still chances of a hit are slim. But a video does get it out there in a way CD never did. It's the second to last track on an album that ends about 3 times.

wasted - I disagree. the hit til is the non remix til with mr. robin finck

dj ashba does a solid job playing slash. but dj should stay away from robins art. which includes til

and right now Chinese til should be a radio single and a big til video on axs tv, paladia, mtv, vh1, and fuse featuring mr robin finck directed by andy morhan

the guy who directed the gnr dc, e, nr music vid trilogy - spending millions on the videos

The way the band applaud Djs TIL solo at the live shows seems to point to them liking it.

Definitely Beeter and TIL would have been two good singles with videos n promo. Shame.

I like Shacklers and ITW as a duo too.

Then early 2000s Chi dem and SOD would have worked.

I've read Chinese Whispers several times and it's an awesome read.

But there is still no PROOF. All the indications were that the hold up was cause Axl wasn't recording vocals. Hours and hours and hours of instrumentals with no vocals laid down.

When we got the leaks in 2006, and then later versions, and even later versions, there were obviously layers added to the music but the vocals all remained the same.

Everyone ASSUMED that the earliest versions were from 1999 and ASSUMED they knew who was in the band and playing what on which version of the leak. Hell, people label the leaks as "TWAT 99" or "TWAT Anti-quiet" but the truth is, we don't know who was playing what. It's all an educated guess.

Unless of course you actually have an interview with Chris Pitman where he confirms which version of the leak was recorded when and where and by whom? And can anyone else verify that information?

There were clips of Chinese Democracy, The Blues, and Madagascar in a radio promo for the Boston show in 2002. So we know those vocals were done before then. IRS was played on Eddie Trunk in 2003, so we know that was recorded before then.

Yup, plus the early demos of TWAT, IRS and Catcher didn't have Bucket (he joined the band in '00). So the vocals must've been recorded before then.

is this the 15 sec clip that leaked in 2011?

I heard you can find it on some Cloud with a Sound

Yea it is seconds long but also has a full song like Going Down and other leaks
The full song hasn't leaked :rolleyes:

The new version of TIL will probably be the first single off CD II.

Axl rasp, Dj solo, video = hit song

No it won't. Chinese remixes won't be on the followup album. The intended lead single for the remix album was DJ's reworking of Better Edited by usemyillusions

I've read Chinese Whispers several times and it's an awesome read.

But there is still no PROOF. All the indications were that the hold up was cause Axl wasn't recording vocals. Hours and hours and hours of instrumentals with no vocals laid down.

When we got the leaks in 2006, and then later versions, and even later versions, there were obviously layers added to the music but the vocals all remained the same.

Everyone ASSUMED that the earliest versions were from 1999 and ASSUMED they knew who was in the band and playing what on which version of the leak. Hell, people label the leaks as "TWAT 99" or "TWAT Anti-quiet" but the truth is, we don't know who was playing what. It's all an educated guess.

Unless of course you actually have an interview with Chris Pitman where he confirms which version of the leak was recorded when and where and by whom? And can anyone else verify that information?

There were clips of Chinese Democracy, The Blues, and Madagascar in a radio promo for the Boston show in 2002. So we know those vocals were done before then. IRS was played on Eddie Trunk in 2003, so we know that was recorded before then.

I still remember when that promo became available for download back in 2002. I didn't believe it when members of other forums were talking about how new song clips were in the promo. I don't know why I didn't keep the actual promo, but I remember when I heard it I was so excited because the new album was coming 'soon'.

Looking back on it, it is so intriguing to me how that promo ever got past Axl and GNR management at the time. I would love to have some insight into that someday, but I am sure we will never know. It is amazing how Axl's vocals really were finished way back when. Crazy stuff.

well - wasted - blood in the water is kick ass - I listen to BITW all the time - so I hope for this - remix album release for xmas this year

i didn't realize it leaked. the clip sounds like something off Korn's Paths of Totality.

It would be another way to make things go off. If the remix album is really out there and the media/critics/fans get a shock.

I don't get why this "leaking" would be such a big fuckin' deal. How many bands (including Guns) have demos all over the place?

Only in the world of GnR is the leak of an old demo or the leak of an alt version of a song released over six years ago considered top-secret military-lockdown material.

I thought the intended single for remix album is blood in the water

Just out of curiosity, where did you hear that from?

And to be honest, that's about the worst thing GnR could do at this point. A remix album with Blood In The water as a single? They'd be a laughingstock. Rock fans would destroy all the good will and positive momentum the band has on its side right now after the Revolver show, the last Vegas shows, the DVD debuting at number one.

They need to strike while the GnR name is on a high note with rock fans. Release a new album as soon as possible. With a killer rock song for the first single.

A remix album right now would be an idiotic move that would really be 10 steps backwards for GnR.

I believe Axl has frozen his voice since 1993, like women freeze their eggs nowadays, and material will be released post-mortem, after a tragic accident takes away his life and the whole world mourns such a terrible loss.

Edited by tinyrobot

Is it that the TIL we got was a new vocal he laid down in Vegas in 2006 with Fincks new solo? what we hear here is the original vocal?

Nope

what we hear here is 2010 vocals with DJ solo (possibly)

well - wasted - blood in the water is kick ass - I listen to BITW all the time - so I hope for this - remix album release for xmas this year

i didn't realize it leaked. the clip sounds like something off Korn's Paths of Totality.

It would be another way to make things go off. If the remix album is really out there and the media/critics/fans get a shock.

stop shitposting pls