has the UYI Trilogy ever been played live?

No trilogy exists. Don't Cry and NR are cheese ballads, while, Estranged is some song based on a wanky story by Del James. Axl just pretended they were a 'trilogy' because he wanted to be Roger Waters. There were three, incredibly silly videos made of them, connected by their excruciating painfulness so I I suppose that is a trilogy of sorts.

• Like 1

I would listen to November Rain and Estranged back to back on repeat for days. Don't Cry is a wonderful song but I see it as a radio friendly song following the same formula of any other rock ballad. I hold it a step above Every Rose Has Its Thorn.

Every Rose Has its Thorn is far, far below Don't Cry lol. The solo is shit compared to Slash's, the chords are much more basic (Don't Cry has more parts and even an octave shift), Brett's vocals are much less intricate and varied (not to mention he's a much worse singer) and overall, it just sounds like pure 80's cheese.

Oh, and it's also a lot less personal.

I thought it went dont cry, November rain, and then estranged

It certanly does.

I remember something about the singles came out in that order, Don't Cry, Nov Rain, Estranged but actually the parts fit together story wise NR, DC, Estranged. The videos were out of order in other words? not sure about this really.

I disagree. In Don't Cry, we're hearing the actual falling apart. In November Rain, we're hearing the protagonist reminisce and then plead for his lover to come back. In Estranged, you're hearing someone who's realized it's completely fucking over and is trying to make sense out of it.

That's my take anyway.

I'm not going on my take, it's just something I remember reading at some point about the order of the singles not being the order of the trilogy but the label or whoever want to put DC out first as it's more radio friendly. NR was long and not really seen as that commercial, little did they know.

I would listen to November Rain and Estranged back to back on repeat for days. Don't Cry is a wonderful song but I see it as a radio friendly song following the same formula of any other rock ballad. I hold it a step above Every Rose Has Its Thorn.

Every Rose Has its Thorn is far, far below Don't Cry lol. The solo is shit compared to Slash's, the chords are much more basic (Don't Cry has more parts and even an octave shift), Brett's vocals are much less intricate and varied (not to mention he's a much worse singer) and overall, it just sounds like pure 80's cheese.

It certanly does.

I remember something about the singles came out in that order, Don't Cry, Nov Rain, Estranged but actually the parts fit together story wise NR, DC, Estranged. The videos were out of order in other words? not sure about this really.

I disagree. In Don't Cry, we're hearing the actual falling apart. In November Rain, we're hearing the protagonist reminisce and then plead for his lover to come back. In Estranged, you're hearing someone who's realized it's completely fucking over and is trying to make sense out of it.

That's my take anyway.

I'm not going on my take, it's just something I remember reading at some point about the order of the singles not being the order of the trilogy but the label or whoever want to put DC out first as it's more radio friendly. NR was long and not really seen as that commercial, little did they know.

Axl can make pretty fucked up shit work musically. Matt was proven wrong with November Rain especially.

It certanly does.

That's my take anyway.

Axl can make pretty fucked up shit work musically. Matt was proven wrong with November Rain especially.

In what way?

We were kind of wrong about This I Love too. It gets a great live reception. Maybe should have been the second single after Better?

No trilogy exists. Don't Cry and NR are cheese ballads, while, Estranged is some song based on a wanky story by Del James. Axl just pretended they were a 'trilogy' because he wanted to be Roger Waters. There were three, incredibly silly videos made of them, connected by their excruciating painfulness so I I suppose that is a trilogy of sorts.

NR is the one based on Del's terrible story
  • Like 1

NR is the one based on Del's terrible story

I thought the video was based on the story which was inspired by Axl's relationship with Erin and how he foretold a bad ending, he was worried.

I don't think Axl wrote the song Nov Rain after reading Del's story?

Like I said, it inspired the video, not the song?

It's an honest question, do you want to be a song or do you want to be a video, because I can tell you one thing you're no fucking cop.

I'm not a cop, I'm your fuckin' cousin.