Slash: "Corey Taylors voice too macho for VR"

KeyserSoze

John Corabi should sing for VR

Yeah or Slash solo...

His voice is born for Slash's music, imo

Unfortunately he carries the failure of his Motley Crue era around his neck like an albatross.

From the get go.. i always thought that whole scenario was doomed to failure. That album has some great sounds on it especially Holligans Holiday . Corabi is the kind of singer that could have had some major impact if he was backed by a serious band.

John Corabi? They'd go nowhere.

Honestly, it's not worth reforming without someone who is at least semi-established. If they don't get someone with music cred off the bat then Slash will just dominate the spotlight and the whole thing will suck.

Edited by Ant

I'm forever heartbroken this didn't happen. However I almost see Slash's point, when explained in that context. VR was a modern version of 70's sleaze/glam/punk bands. They should just release the record they did with him for the hell of it, even if it's under a different band name.

The problem with VR is that the band was so context driven. The story of the band was as interesting as the band itself, it was the story of a band trying to prove they still had it and could make lightning strike twice, and Scott's turmoil and search for redemption after being dumped by his former band. This is the exact reason why Libertad was less interesting. They had already proven what they had to. The music was there, generally good, just less exciting.

Basically, a Corey Taylor album likely would have suffered a similar fate as Libertad. It would be an album that would likely be reviewed as solid, but not great (I can certainly hear Stone Sour N' Roses potential), and then ultimately forgotten in a couple weeks.

I really like Corey better in Stone Sour, but Slipknot rocks too.

Met Corey at this year's Texas Frightmare. He was such a nice guy. So nice to my granddaughter and took pictures and signed posters of the movie Fear Clinic for free. Not many famous people would spend most of their Saturday with their fans. He also took the time to chat with you for a bit.

Cornell would be my choice.

I'd love to see Mike Patton in there - he'd shred "Do it for the Kids"

Scott was great in STP but he's a busted flush.

I love patton but no way is that happening

"Tell me about being approached by ‘The Project’?

Mike Patton: “Sorry?

The new band Slash and the other ex-Guns’N’Roses guys are putting together.

Mike Patton: “Did you just call it ‘The Project’?

That’s what they are calling it.

Mike Patton: “HAHAHAHA. That’s hilarious. It sounds much better than I’m sure it is. Er, well, I wasn’t really approached. I just got a phonecall from an ex-manager asking if I would be interested. Well, I wasn’t and that was about it. Not very exciting.

Why weren’t you interested?

Mike Patton: “Why do you think? You know. I think everyone else knows too, except them. Which is the funny part.

I hear they are now doing stuff with Scott Weiland.

Mike Patton: “I thought he was dead.

No, he’s alive. He’s just been arrested for cocaine possession again.

Mike Patton: “OK. Well this band will kill him off and do the world a favour. “

http://newfaithnomore.com/2010/10/27/slash-and-mike-patton-rumours/

Cornell would be my choice.

I'd love to see Mike Patton in there - he'd shred "Do it for the Kids"

Scott was great in STP but he's a busted flush.

I love patton but no way is that happening

"Tell me about being approached by ‘The Project’?

Mike Patton: “Sorry?

The new band Slash and the other ex-Guns’N’Roses guys are putting together.

Mike Patton: “Did you just call it ‘The Project’?

That’s what they are calling it.

Mike Patton: “HAHAHAHA. That’s hilarious. It sounds much better than I’m sure it is. Er, well, I wasn’t really approached. I just got a phonecall from an ex-manager asking if I would be interested. Well, I wasn’t and that was about it. Not very exciting.

Why weren’t you interested?

Mike Patton: “Why do you think? You know. I think everyone else knows too, except them. Which is the funny part.

I hear they are now doing stuff with Scott Weiland.

Mike Patton: “I thought he was dead.

No, he’s alive. He’s just been arrested for cocaine possession again.

Mike Patton: “OK. Well this band will kill him off and do the world a favour. “

http://newfaithnomore.com/2010/10/27/slash-and-mike-patton-rumours/

I follow Patton a bit and was aware of this interview, great find for anyone else who may have been interested though.

The very reason Patton is so cynical is why I thought he'd be a great lead, he'd push the band to deliver something more adventurous.

He's not everybody's cup of tea but the lyrics on 'Angel Dust' and some of the vocals are well worth checking out.

Patton could be accused of disappearing up his creative asshole and short circuiting his career but props to him for being true to his artistic leanings.