Slash: "Corey Taylors voice too macho for VR"

KeyserSoze

Corey talks about his VR experience here (1:23 ish).

http://www.podcastone.com/embed?progID=593&pid=452157

I just got to agree with Slash. Corey can sing his balls off in his style, but I don't think he has the right musical vibe for VR. I know it's all conspirators now and I'm enjoying the chemistry and energy of that band now and probably for years to come, but I've just gotta hear what that third VR heavy record sounds like. Maybe one day, but I just can't imagine anyone that would fit. The singer is out there.

I seriously thought it would be Corey. Maybe it was more wishful thinking than anything. But between his work with Stone Sour and Slipknot he can go from a butterfly to a dragon and back without struggling at all. I'd like to hear what VR sounded like with him.

Corey is funny in the interview and really cool. Got to hear those VR Corey demos. I think Slash just went with his gut on this one. I think he is saving the VR idea for later, for a time he'll get tired from what he's doing now, but he's loving it so there is no reason to seriously look into it right now. Maybe in 3 or 4 years when he's done touring the third Conspirators album and takes a break. He's always working cause he gets bored not being Slash so at least you know you're gonna get an album every 2 years and plenty of chances to see him live, but Contraband showed potential I don't think they've reached yet.

Duff, Slash, and Matt share great chemistry. With a truly inspired material and a good singer they can top Contraband imo, and I'd love to hear that. It probably won't sell like Contraband but maybe they can capture the VR sound at it's finest: where it sounds kinda like Guns, more commercial, kinda modern riffrock with fucked up lyrics and a singer with serious mental issues or at least kinda interesting.