New Foo Fighters album - Sonic Highways

gunsfanoldie

Two new songs:

http://youtu.be/4n7DziNjlzQ

I think Outside is a good song, but I didn't have the time to listen to What Did I Do?/God as My Witness yet. What do you guys think?

Just listened to both. Really unimpressed with Outside, but I listened to What Did I Do/God As My Witness twice in a row. The latter might be my favorite track so far.

Do you guys know how many episodes of the documentary have aired so far? I've only seen three.

Chicago - Something From Nothing

Washington - The Feast and the Famine

Nashville - Congregation

Looking forward to the episode with Slash. I LOVE watching these and then seeing the lyrics at the end and understanding where these songs are coming from. Such a cool idea for an album and documentary.

1.Something From Nothing ft. Rick Nielsen
2. The Feast and the Famine ft. Bad Brains
3. Congregation ft. Carrie Underwood
4. What Did I Do/God as My Witness
5. Outside
6. In the Clear
7. Subterranean ft. Ben Gibbard
8. I Am a River ft. Chuck D

Pretty sure Zac Brown plays guitar on Congregation and adds backing vocals. I don't hear any Carrie Underwood on the song.

Edited by Bono

Haven't heard Outside but What did I Do? Is pretty awesome. The second part reminds me of queen. Not that I love Queen but really different for the Foos.

EDIT: Just listened to Outside. Great!! Just not a big fan of Dave's singing style on this one. Not fond of his smooth voice and it would have been nicer if he sang with a little more heart on Outside, IMO.

Edited by Cosmonaut

1.Something From Nothing ft. Rick Nielsen

2. The Feast and the Famine ft. Bad Brains

3. Congregation ft. Carrie Underwood

4. What Did I Do/God as My Witness

5. Outside

6. In the Clear

7. Subterranean ft. Ben Gibbard

8. I Am a River ft. Chuck D

Pretty sure Zac Brown plays guitar on Congregation and adds backing vocals. I don't hear any Carrie Underwood on the song.
Yeah, you're right, she isn't on Congregation. I got my information wrong.

Maybe I'm just a dick, but god damn everything about this album is lame as hell to me. I've got mad respect for the Foo Fighters, I see what they're trying to do, I want to like the idea, it just comes off really corny and self indulgent. Trying to do the music scene of an entire city justice in one song is a pretty tall order, and sadly they fall pretty short. There are no genuine blood, sweat, or tears in any of these songs.

The historical stuff and the interviews in the series are well done, even though a lot of that stuff you kinda had to be living under a rock for it to be anything new I love how relaxed it is.

How the fuck did nobody in The Foo Fighters stop and think "hey, that riff sounds a lot like Holy Diver"

HOW IN THE FUCK

Maybe I'm just a dick, but god damn everything about this album is lame as hell to me. I've got mad respect for the Foo Fighters, I see what they're trying to do, I want to like the idea, it just comes off really corny and self indulgent. Trying to do the music scene of an entire city justice in one song is a pretty tall order, and sadly they fall pretty short. There are no genuine blood, sweat, or tears in any of these songs.

The historical stuff and the interviews in the series are well done, even though a lot of that stuff you kinda had to be living under a rock for it to be anything new I love how relaxed it is.

How the fuck did nobody in The Foo Fighters stop and think "hey, that riff sounds a lot like Holy Diver"

HOW IN THE FUCK

The pre-chorus riff is also lifted off of another song: THEIR OWN! It sounds just like the main riff to I Should Have Known to me.

HOW IN THE FUCK

The pre-chorus riff is also lifted off of another song: THEIR OWN! It sounds just like the main riff to I Should Have Known to me.

thank you for pointing that out, because i thought exactly the same thing.

i like the foo fighters, but for me, they're a singles band. they're like the chili peppers - they've got some great stadium rock songs, but their albums as a whole are rarely noteworthy.

i thought their last LP was their strongest since the beginning of their career, it had plenty of strong tunes and album cuts like "these days" which didn't get much airplay, but this new one is a huge step backward.

HOW IN THE FUCK

thank you for pointing that out, because i thought exactly the same thing.

i like the foo fighters, but for me, they're a singles band. they're like the chili peppers - they've got some great stadium rock songs, but their albums as a whole are rarely noteworthy.

i thought their last LP was their strongest since the beginning of their career, it had plenty of strong tunes and album cuts like "these days" which didn't get much airplay, but this new one is a huge step backward.

Wasting Light is amazing! I didn't buy the LP because I don't like that it plays at a different speed.