Noeley G and his High Flying Turds return! Yay! :)

Len Cnut

I love the new song, and this has been my most wanted album for 2 years or so now.

NGHFB is probably my favourite album of the last 5 years, it's one of few albums that I actually listen to all the way through.

How many times do you hear "Everybodies on the run" or "what a life" being used as instrumentals on montages or adverts, particularly Sky Football - they just nailed it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

For what reason, just out of curiosity? I'm not an Oasis fan, I just feel its inevitable that will happen eventually, and sooner rather than later. They were one of the very few huge bands of that time that I don't think they could deny it. Liam is stubborn, but I think eventually he'll come around, and I don't see Noel being the one preventing it.

On topic: I did enjoy the Noel album when I heard it awhile ago. May have to go back and re-listen.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

For what reason, just out of curiosity? I'm not an Oasis fan, I just feel its inevitable that will happen eventually, and sooner rather than later. They were one of the very few huge bands of that time that I don't think they could deny it. Liam is stubborn, but I think eventually he'll come around, and I don't see Noel being the one preventing it.

On topic: I did enjoy the Noel album when I heard it awhile ago. May have to go back and re-listen.

Well...there just appeared to be a lot of resolve in Noels position, the way in which he expressed he wasn't gonna come back. i know lots of artists say that but, i dunno, just got a very definite feeling from it. I really think that he's had enough of Liam, not in any mean-spirited way, just like in an 'i'm done' way. He's in a wonderful place now and a place in which he can enter middle age gracefully, instead of clinging onto the band of his youth and just riding that thing to death, everythings perfect for him now, why would he want to spoil that? And like, his reason for breaking up isn't like, say The Roses or The Smiths where it's like they all fancied each other and then fell out in their prime, Oasis were past their heyday by far and like...this whole one man and his guitar thing, it suits Noel.

He went on record a few weeks back that he just wouldn't give anything in the world for the situation he's got going now. Also, Liams a fuckin' hooligan, through and through, it's just who he is, you really get the feeling he don't know no better...and Noels WAY past that and like, when you're 40...and your own brother is physically attacking you, violently, also saying shit about your wife and kids...and you know it's all just sibling bollocks that he'll be over in 24 hours, skulking around you doing that silent apology thing siblings do, there must come a point where you just go 'fuck me, I'm pushing 50 and THIS is my life?!?!', he's got all the mates in the world, he's a great conversationalist, people love him, he seems more relaxed now than ever and healthily successful with his music...what would he turn his back on that for?

• Like 1

Well...there just appeared to be a lot of resolve in Noels position, the way in which he expressed he wasn't gonna come back. i know lots of artists say that but, i dunno, just got a very definite feeling from it. I really think that he's had enough of Liam, not in any mean-spirited way, just like in an 'i'm done' way. He's in a wonderful place now and a place in which he can enter middle age gracefully, instead of clinging onto the band of his youth and just riding that thing to death, everythings perfect for him now, why would he want to spoil that? And like, his reason for breaking up isn't like, say The Roses or The Smiths where it's like they all fancied each other and then fell out in their prime, Oasis were past their heyday by far and like...this whole one man and his guitar thing, it suits Noel.

He went on record a few weeks back that he just wouldn't give anything in the world for the situation he's got going now. Also, Liams a fuckin' hooligan, through and through, it's just who he is, you really get the feeling he don't know no better...and Noels WAY past that and like, when you're 40...and your own brother is physically attacking you, violently, also saying shit about your wife and kids...and you know it's all just sibling bollocks that he'll be over in 24 hours, skulking around you doing that silent apology thing siblings do, there must come a point where you just go 'fuck me, I'm pushing 50 and THIS is my life?!?!', he's got all the mates in the world, he's a great conversationalist, people love him, he seems more relaxed now than ever and healthily successful with his music...what would he turn his back on that for?

Ray Davies should ask Noel to join The Kinks if Dave Davies doesn't, and also have his band co-headline.

raynoel.jpg