Best use of Dizzy's piano in a Use Your Illusion song?

The piano is shit on all but like three songs. November Rain, Estranged and So Fine. Axl wrote the piano for the two first ones, so the only thing he did well on the piano was to play what I assume Axl let him play to let him feel involved on Estranged and So Fine. It makes all other songs worse.

I don't have the album booklet in my apartment any more, but I'm 99% sure it says Dizzy plays the piano in it.

Wikipedia doesn't say it: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_Your_Illusion_II" Dizzy Reed keyboards, piano, backing vocals, organ on "14 Years" and "Yesterdays"

And here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estranged_(song)

"Axl Rose lead vocals, piano

Izzy Stradlin rhythm guitar, additional lead guitar

Slash lead guitar

Duff McKagan bass

Matt Sorum drums"

Edited by blablabla123

Best? Nonsense! Dizzy and Axl's over use of piano on those records are completely unnecessary. Do we need piano on KOHD, So Fine, PTU? No, we don't. Civil War is another one. I really would like to hear someone make their own mix and strip the piano parts out of all but the Axl songs and see how they sound. I know some of the demos are better, particularly Civil War so I bet it would be awesome.

to each their own, but i really think what makes the Illusion albums special is the piano parts throughout. They made THEIR brand of rock n roll and they did it with a piano and i love every track that has it included. If you were wanting Appetite Volume 2 then i guess you got dissapointe

Best? Nonsense! Dizzy and Axl's over use of piano on those records are completely unnecessary. Do we need piano on KOHD, So Fine, PTU? No, we don't. Civil War is another one. I really would like to hear someone make their own mix and strip the piano parts out of all but the Axl songs and see how they sound. I know some of the demos are better, particularly Civil War so I bet it would be awesome.

• Like 1