Duff interviewed on "Let There Be Talk" podcast

KeyserSoze

summary: (ill edit in parts)

show starts with the Ritz 88 version of Mr. Brownstone

long intro (interview starts around 15:30)

duff says he doesn't go on twitter often, interviewer explains the process of how he got ahold of duff

i think duff pokes fun at Craig Duswalt. Duff and the interviewer talk about high phone bills, and duff talks about how there was always one crew member who would use the hotel phone and fight or talk with his girl

chat about duffs bass tech

apparently the interviewer was at the RIP party and axl passed by him asking for a smoke and Tom Mayhue pushed him down some stairs because there was an oxygen tank nearby

both talk about clubs they played/booked back in the day. duff tells a funny story about one club that had "spaghetti night" where the bands would try to play that night to get free food

duff retells the story of the famous 1st GNR tour where they broke down. goes into plenty of detail, says the truck driver that picked them up was on Speed and he would never do that again. mexican farmer picked them up, and they almost broke his truck. ex hippies picked them up and brought them the rest of the way

duff talks about his first bands and how he got into the world of music/bands that inspired him and discovering new bands and concerts they first went to as kids. duff tells the story of when he saw Led Zeppelin in 1977 when he was 12 and how it equates to when the seahawks played in the playoffs last year

talk drugs (mostly weed), first time they tried it, if they do it now, shows they've seen while under the influence. interviewer tells a pretty funny story. some guy at a motor head concert handed him a joint laced with cocain and he had trouble finding his way out. talk about pills and heroin and there thoughts on it. both come to the general consensus that they don't condone drugs, but without them they wouldn't have experienced most of there life.

Duff tells a story where he mentions some guy named Adam who hung around him and GNR in the early days, he had a bunch of money, so they assumed he was a drug dealer and he gave duff a line of crystal meth and duff says he was up for 3 straight days.

Edited by jeaubear
  • Like 1

amazing interview, specially the details on the early days, appetite days, mike clink, great stuff

what is the song at the end - 1h25ms?

it's another version of

Slash - Pleasin' (Ghost Demo)

?

I guess this is a velvet revolver song, one of those that they gave out to try singers, right?

but who is singing? the host?

actually, who is the fried host?

Edited by ludurigan

WOW THE SONG AT THE END IS REALLY GOOD

Sounds like the guy is singing something "West Coast Time" on the chorus;

i am pretty sure it is a velvet revolver song with somebody else singing

who is singing? sounds good

also there seems to be a GREAT Slash solo in the middle!

I wonder if Izzy is on this track or if he helped writing it

Edited by ludurigan

If you listen to the podcast you know who the singer on the VR demos is.... the host says they're his audition :thumbsup: Pretty sure this podcast already has a topic on mygnr somewhere, since I heard about this a week or two back and already have it on itunes. Marc from the infamous Canter Banter has also been a guest on this show and was well worth a listen :)

If you listen to the podcast you know who the singer on the VR demos is.... the host says they're his audition :thumbsup: Pretty sure this podcast already has a topic on mygnr somewhere, since I heard about this a week or two back and already have it on itunes. Marc from the infamous Canter Banter has also been a guest on this show and was well worth a listen :)

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/209251-duff-mckagan-on-let-there-be-talk/

and yes that's deans audition at the end.. pretty sure he said I'm going to play my audition for vr at the end and duff said "of course you are" :lol:. it was a good episode but check out his other episodes with lomardo and rudy sarzo if you want a great episode. rudy talked about how he thinks the plane crash (randy rhoads) was premeditated by the pilot to kill his ex

Edited by spliff