[Conan O'Brien] Slash gave Joe Perry back his prized guitar!

Nosaj Thing

This is plainly not true, Slash is manipulating Joe, Conan and the rest of the media to make himself look great in this story.

This man must be stopped.

It's simply unbelievable Slash will go to such lengths just to spite Axl.

I mean look at all the people he has to pretend to be nice to, that's a hell of a job he's pulled off all his life.

I totally understand Axl now, Slash is a vicious cancer that must be stopped, he's spreading fake sickening love to everybody and laughing about it behind everybody's back. I bet Slash just went to Gibson and said: "hey, replicate this guitar for me", got it for free from Gibson and gave that one to Joe. All this time Joe thinks he got his guitar back, but it's a copy, and Slash is menacingly laughing playing Joe's real guitar on the toilet.

That Slash!

Actually you hit the point, even if probably by chance.

That guitar was indeed replicated by Gibson in 2013 and sold in a limited edition of 250 total, I think.

Slash did get to pick one of the replicas - he hand picked the one he liked most after testing them, it's one of the regular VOS, not the aged version (Slash likes to age the guitars himself playing them over the years :).

For more info check out:

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/Joe-Perry-on-the-New-Joe-Perry-1959-Les-Paul.aspx

joeperryburst.jpg

Btw, stop the crap against Axl. You guys just take any chance to turn every topic on a Slash / Axl fight. Leave their differences to themselves, enjoy the music and respect the musicians.

Edited by Klay
  • Like 1

Way to derail a Slash topic into an anti-Axl one...

Slash section?

Way to take things serious. Read again, most of us are just joking around. At least I am.

Oh come on. When things go the other way (making fun of Slash) you make the same exactly.

Anyway, pretty cool gesture from Slash.

Slash section?

Way to take things serious. Read again, most of us are just joking around. At least I am.

Oh come on. When things go the other way (making fun of Slash) you make the same exactly.

Anyway, pretty cool gesture from Slash.

I make the same exactly.

I make the joke.

It good to make.

It make me happy.

Why do you hate talking about Axl? This is a section for all of GNR members pretty much. Do you hate Axl or something?

Nice job pointing I was wrong. I have to agree with you...

They tried to spin this into a positive. I'm impressed, truly.

It is something positive.
It is kind of, but the story itself is hard to make sound like that. He wouldn't return my calls, 13 years later he gets the guitar. It's just amusing. The facts are just so awarkward. Slash didn't want to give it back that much. Ultimately Joe got his guitar and he's obviously very happy. Edited by wasted

It is kind of, but the story itself is hard to make sound like that. He wouldn't return my calls, 13 years later he gets the guitar. It's just amusing. The facts are just so awarkward. Slash didn't want to give it back that much. Ultimately Joe got his guitar and he's obviously very happy.

You really see it that way?

That guitar is worth at least hundred grand and Slash paid to own it...

What did you think he should have done? Immediately hand it over?

In the guitar world, those Les Paul's are the holy grail, of course he didn't want to give it back,.

Anyway, Joe fucking sold it cause Joe blew all his cash on dope, its not like it was stolen from him.

Not only did Slash lose a treasured guitar, he lost the money he paid for it too and all of the value it accrued in the time he owned it.

Your last sentence should say "Ultimately Joe got his ONE HUNDRED GRAND GUITAR BACK FOR FREE and he's obviously very happy".

If that's not "positive" fucked if I know what is...

Edited by Intercourse

It is kind of, but the story itself is hard to make sound like that. He wouldn't return my calls, 13 years later he gets the guitar. It's just amusing. The facts are just so awarkward. Slash didn't want to give it back that much. Ultimately Joe got his guitar and he's obviously very happy.

In the guitar world, those Les Paul's are the holy grail, of course he didn't want to give it back,.

Anyway, Joe fucking sold it cause Joe blew all his cash on dope, its not like it was stolen from him.

Not only did Slash lose a treasured guitar, he lost the money he paid for it too and all of the value it accrued in the time he owned it.

Your last sentence should say "Ultimately Joe got his ONE HUNDRED GRAND GUITAR BACK FOR FREE and he's obviously very happy".

You're taking it too seriously, you should be able to see the funny side of this too.

And it isn't like Joe ask Slash and Slash didn't react for years... it were just some months till Joe's birthday. Slash might decided to give it back as gift since the first call of Joe

• Like 1

You're taking it too seriously, you should be able to see the funny side of this too.

We don't appreciate humor around here. Seriously looking into it. Take that back or I'll reverse midget kick. Why u mean to Slash? Slash loves money and guitars but Joe is just his hero so that side won 12 years later if you wanna see it in like a funny serious-esque way. Took longer then Chinese Democracy. Holy grails.

Edited by Rovim