Your concerts in 2015

GivenToFly

just got home from Journey, and Powerage you were right…. that dude from Tower Of Power can sing his ass off!

Steve Miller and his band were amazing as always. for being 71, that man can still shred! could barely hear his other guitarist though…

sound problems plauged Journey off and on…. during there first song "be good to yourself" i think Arnel had a hard time hearing himself and was kind of slurring his words.. after a few back-to-back songs, he came out with a wired (instead of wireless) mic...

Speaking of Arnel, i didn't know that dude is 47?! Back when he was all the rage in late 2008/early 2009 people were talking about him like he was 19.. (i don't really follow Journey that closely, so thats the impression i got when people said "young")

That dude can really sing his ass off, and i recommend that even a casual Journey fan go out and see this incarnation of the band if you haven't bought into it or haven't seen it yet!

Ray Greene is the singer for TOP - he's actually pretty new, only been in the band a little over a year. He's my second favorite TOP singer (They've had about 12 or 13 different vocalists over the years), my favorite is the one who just left; Larry Braggs. I think Ray does the ballads better than Larry, but Larry had an energy and power in his voice that you just can't match for the upbeat stuff. If you enjoyed them, check out some videos on Youtube with Larry - he was in the band from 2000 to 2013, just to give you an idea of when to look for.

Shit, just realised that gig's in 2016, not this year.

Get that crap outta here :max:

Great time at Dropkick last night. Pretty standard setlist which was expected for the first night of a 5 show stand, but they did break out In The Streets of Boston (!!) and I was also excited to hear Famous For Nothing, Do or Die, and The Dirty Glass. Round 2 tonight.

Wish I could've made it out :(

SO far

1. North Mississippi Allstars w/ Anders Osborne= real old time Miss. delta blues music. Luther Dickson is an amazing slide guitar player. His father Jim played piano on the Stones "Let It Bleed" album and Luther was in the Black Crowes for a short period of time. One of my top 10 favorite concerts the past 10 years and I have seen probably over 100 shows in that time. Tickets were $25 and they played for 21/2 hours. Go see them if you get the chance.

2. Govt Mule w/ John Scofield= saw them last night at the Boston Orpheum Theater 1st row center in the mezzanine. They played over 21/2 hours and it was a nice mix of Mule tunes and long jazzy jams. Great show if you like that kind of music. I love the Mule but it was worth it just to see John Scofield play guitar.

3. Edgar Winter next Friday at the Bull Run in Shirley Mass. Haven't seen Edgar since the 70's so can't wait to hear the old hits especially Frankenstein.

4. Mark Knopfler= some time fall 2015

5. The Who or what is left of them fall 2015. Amazingly for me they are one band I have never seen live

SO far

1. North Mississippi Allstars w/ Anders Osborne= real old time Miss. delta blues music. Luther Dickson is an amazing slide guitar player. His father Jim played piano on the Stones "Let It Bleed" album and Luther was in the Black Crowes for a short period of time. One of my top 10 favorite concerts the past 10 years and I have seen probably over 100 shows in that time. Tickets were $25 and they played for 21/2 hours. Go see them if you get the chance.

2. Govt Mule w/ John Scofield= saw them last night at the Boston Orpheum Theater 1st row center in the mezzanine. They played over 21/2 hours and it was a nice mix of Mule tunes and long jazzy jams. Great show if you like that kind of music. I love the Mule but it was worth it just to see John Scofield play guitar.

3. Edgar Winter next Friday at the Bull Run in Shirley Mass. Haven't seen Edgar since the 70's so can't wait to hear the old hits especially Frankenstein.

5. The Who or what is left of them fall 2015. Amazingly for me they are one band I have never seen live

Luther Dickinson is so good! Saw him live with the Crowes (rip). Amazing!

SO far

Same here I saw them at the Boston HOB and the place was packed. Luther was epic that night and Rich Robinson even switched sides of the stage in deference to Luther.

The Crowes will fly again someday IMHO. The Brothers just need a few years apart and they will get itchy to tour again.

SO far

Same here I saw them at the Boston HOB and the place was packed. Luther was epic that night and Rich Robinson even switched sides of the stage in deference to Luther.

The Crowes will fly again someday IMHO. The Brothers just need a few years apart and they will get itchy to tour again.

I know. It's, what, the third? time they break up

SO far

I know. It's, what, the third? time they break up

At least! Chris will come to realize he needs his brother to be at his best and they will get back together at some point IMHO. I hope so as they are one of my favorite bands.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having hearing problems so I'm a bit scared to go to concerts. And I've already got tickets for The Who on 23 March and The Answer on 26 March. I'm not sure if I should go though, I could get some serious damage...

Do you wear earplugs to shows already? If you don't, invest in a decent pair, your hearing will thank you and the shows will sound better on top of it.

This. They even have ones specifically designed for concerts so that it doesn't sound muffled.

I might give those a try.

It's definitely worth it. I learned the hard way after standing next to an amp all night and not being able to hear right out of that ear for days, your hearing is precious.

Best advice ever! I bought a pair and used them today for the first time seeing The Who and yes, it's a much better experience and I feel safer.

• Like 1

I've been having hearing problems so I'm a bit scared to go to concerts. And I've already got tickets for The Who on 23 March and The Answer on 26 March. I'm not sure if I should go though, I could get some serious damage...

Do you wear earplugs to shows already? If you don't, invest in a decent pair, your hearing will thank you and the shows will sound better on top of it.

This. They even have ones specifically designed for concerts so that it doesn't sound muffled.

I might give those a try.

It's definitely worth it. I learned the hard way after standing next to an amp all night and not being able to hear right out of that ear for days, your hearing is precious.

Best advice ever! I bought a pair and used them today for the first time seeing The Who and yes, it's a much better experience and I feel safer.

Good to hear man! You're right about that, it feels so much better to not have to worry "am I destroying my ears right now?" the entire night and just enjoy the music.

AWOLNATION at the end of June. Pretty pumped, as I'm digging their new album.

And depending on what kind of deal I can get at the last minute through Stubhub, might see Neil Diamond April 2nd. No way am I paying $175 for a floor seat; so hoping I can scoop up a last minute deal on the day of.

AWOLNATION at the end of June. Pretty pumped, as I'm digging their new album.

And depending on what kind of deal I can get at the last minute through Stubhub, might see Neil Diamond April 2nd. No way am I paying $175 for a floor seat; so hoping I can scoop up a last minute deal on the day of.

have you ever seen awol before? hapefully seeing them for the 4th time this summer as well. they put on an amazing show!

Saw comedian Anthony Jeselnik in concert again last night. Dude was amazing.

Saw him in London at Soho Theatre last August, had listened to his special "Shakespeare" beforehand, just my kind of dark humour.

Also saw Kyle Kinane there, very funny.