How do you think Axl will sound on the 2015 tour?

As we listened in the last Vegas gigs, Axl's voice definitely improved. Also, as DJ Assba said the other day (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJI5GjRS7_k), the idea is that Guns N' Roses will tour "heavily" next year, and he also said that they will play some new GNR songs on this tour.

My question is, how do you think Axl will sound on the 2015 tour? Of course, listening to the most resent gigs (June/July at Vegas, for example). I think he did improve at some moments, to sound almost like 2010..

Do you think it will be the same as always, or we may get something new? Lineup changes will also happen, i guess...

• Like 1

I don't know but I'm sure we will see those "moderated amount of rasp", "used 15 seconds of rasp on WTTJ", "looked less bloated and in a good mood" comments we all love.

2014 was a bad year. I hear no improvement compared to 11, 12 or 13. If you're ok with Axl sounding bad, great. As for singing in tune, yeah, he should work on that as well since rasp is out of question.

Said it many times, Axl will improve at the end of every leg of the tour. He is only human and when you get into a routine he will naturally perfect his performance through repitition.

It's the same for anyone really.

How will he sound over all? Pretty much 2012-14 standard. He's approaching mid 50's with an above average physical perforamance for someone his age. His throat is a human instrament and it changes with age. Ive accepted this long ago.

For me if he sings in tune im fine with it. Rasp is only a bonus. Respect the effort being put in, respect his history and respect its not often Axls plays in your home town.

If you nitpick then you are only setting yourself up for disapointment.

Actually well said even though I disagree.

The guy has played the same set essentially for 12 years now. He should have this down pat. There shouldn't be any new 'routine' to master while out on the road. That being said I think he won't sound good. I have little faith in him these days.

• Like 1

Said it many times, Axl will improve at the end of every leg of the tour. He is only human and when you get into a routine he will naturally perfect his performance through repitition.

It's the same for anyone really.

How will he sound over all? Pretty much 2012-14 standard. He's approaching mid 50's with an above average physical perforamance for someone his age. His throat is a human instrament and it changes with age. Ive accepted this long ago.

For me if he sings in tune im fine with it. Rasp is only a bonus. Respect the effort being put in, respect his history and respect its not often Axls plays in your home town.

If you nitpick then you are only setting yourself up for disapointment.

Actually well said even though I disagree.

The guy has played the same set essentially for 12 years now. He should have this down pat. There shouldn't be any new 'routine' to master while out on the road. That being said I think he won't sound good. I have little faith in him these days.

I take it more as an althelete or a sportman and how they train for a competition.

Tiger woods can play golf for 12 years but if he hasn't played for several months i wouldn't expect him to win The Open.

Axl knows the lyrics and he knows how to sing them. However his voice and stamina need to be constantly rehearshed and worked on. I think he does rehearse but i also dont think he is singing for 3 hours a night leading up to the tour. However, you can lose your voice if you over do it, so there are many factors to consider.

Can anyone name a singer that actually sings better with age?

So many bands tune down there guitars to accomadate the singer as they get older.

• Like 1

Probably pretty much the same. I don't think Axl will ever again sound like he did in the 80's or 90's. Axl's voice was unique in everyway, but unfortunately his kind of voice and his range doesn't age well.

I honestly don't care, I will see Axl and GNR as long as they continue to tour and rock it like they have been for the past 5 years or so. I'm entertained by them.

It would be cool if he finally gets his shit together and starts working on his terribly awful weak vocals. Unfortunately, common sense tells you that he will sound exactly as he did these last years. In other words, terribly awful.

I hope we get a surprise or two in this upcoming year. He needs to do more interviews, for example.

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 1

Do you guys really believe that if Axl got back to his weight that he was in his 20's and 30's, his voice would actually sound like he did back then?

I don't think so. No matter how weight Axl lost and got back into better shape, I don't think his voice would ever be as good as it was when he was 25. Sad, but true.

Do you guys really believe that if Axl got back to his weight that he was in his 20's and 30's, his voice would actually sound like he did back then?

I don't think so. No matter how weight Axl lost and got back into better shape, I don't think his voice would ever be as good as it was when he was 25. Sad, but true.

Nope, but nice of you to ignore 2009-2010 where his voice was good and he was older.

Edited by ProstituteComa

It would be cool if he finally gets his shit together and starts working on his terribly awful weak vocals. Unfortunately, common sense tells you that he will sound exactly as he did these last years. In other words, terribly awful.

I hope we get a surprise or two in this upcoming year. He needs to do more interviews, for example.

haha .. .you're still hoping :P

haha .. .you're still hoping :P

No. At this point, it would be cool if he surprised all of us but I'm definitely not holding my breath. With someone as unprofessional and as irresponsible as Axl Rose, you just don't know what's gonna happen.

I expect 2015 to be shit, just like these last four years. If something good happens, that would be great but I won't be disappointed if it doesn't.

what are they touring? Unless a new album, what is the point? Either get the real band back together, and do a farewell tour or show me what the new band can do. Anyone can cover music. Playing "new" songs from UYI albums shows nothing and takes no talent

Edited by fabrph5

Can anyone name a singer that actually sings better with age?

So many bands tune down there guitars to accomadate the singer as they get older.

I think Grohl's singing ability has definitely improved over 20 years. That could come with his confidence, though. Axl was always confident. Grohl wasn't.

Also I don't think Springsteen has changed so drastically. I like it better now I think. It sounds even more every-man.

I see two options.

1) He continues his improvement from Vegas. Vegas '14 was the closest he's come to sounding like 2010, songs like Jungle were 2010-like performances, and that was a surprise after 3 years of "mickey" and weaker rasp.

2) It's South America '14 all over again. He's out of shape and out of practice. There's no rasp and we just have to wait 3-6 months and hope he gets there.

Only time will tell. I'm still hopeful though.