How do you think Axl will sound on the 2015 tour?

I don't care, I'm not going. I'm boycotting CD world tour round 11.

I've been boycotting since 2006; imo, that was the last time he sounded good live. Saw the Hammerstein shows when izzy played and msg later in the year.

Edited by jmapelian

What was once called Mickey Mouse will now be referred to as Axl's Barry White voice. What will now be called Mickey Mouse will be akin to what dogs hear when A Day in the Life finishes.

I'm calling it. Worst tour ever.

I hope not though, being the glass half full kinda guy I am.

They toured unreleased ChiDem in 2002

==> OK I guess Axl had to present his new version of GnR and his vision

They toured unreleased CD in 2006

==> ChiDem was seemingly on the verge of being released and there was 1 new guy. Why not?

They toured in 2009

==> ChiDem was released a few months prior; better too late than never.

They toured again in 2011

==> Why?

They toured UCAP afterwards

==> Why??????

They toured appetite for Democracy with less and less CD songs.

==> Fuck it... 12 years touring the same album. It's time to move on or your audience will move on by itself.

I don't care what he will sound like, release the album(s), get in shape and promote it.

I don't acre if he's more or less bloated, as long as he can sing the NEW songs (t)he(y) wrote!

• Like 1

One of the tours in 2011 was really about touring the US, giving the US the real new CD tour?

The weird thing is the new songs they've added since the release are Shacklers, Sorry, Catcher and TIL. 2006 tour was the Better tour?

Overall 9 CD songs have been given solid runs. Theres /TWAT but it hasn't had a solid run.

But now they really are out of moves.

I guess they could do the Scraped/Prostitute tour and do Shacklers up front. Bring back some UYI.

Why do that with a finished songs ready for release and not much else to do than put a record out?

CD has been milked, the udder is dry.

Bring back Out Ta Get Me!!

Actually the whole vibe of a GNR show is much classier. Do I would love to see more CD dominated sets. Playing SOD, ITW, TWAT, Catcher, Madagascar, TIL, Prostitute every show would be really awesome.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

Can anyone name a singer that actually sings better with age?

I genuinely think Steven Tyler does to be honest.

Also Eric Martin seems to be at least as good as when he was younger.

That being said, I don't think Axl sounds bad for his age at all. (His voice on Whole Lotta Rosie, is better than it was in the early days. His voice seems to fit the song more now.)

I still maintain that Axl can sing anyway he wants. He hasn't lost any ability. He could replicate any previous voice he's had if he wanted to.

So in the end, be thankful he can still do it. But it is also his choice of whether he chooses to or not.

My personal feeling is there will be a reunion and that is when he's going to bring it back. Like a re living of the UYI tours. Sounds crazy but I think that is where it is heading. We'll see a reinvented Axl embracing his nostalgic past. It's coming.

• Like 1

I still maintain that Axl can sing anyway he wants. He hasn't lost any ability. He could replicate any previous voice he's had if he wanted to.

So in the end, be thankful he can still do it. But it is also his choice of whether he chooses to or not.

My personal feeling is there will be a reunion and that is when he's going to bring it back. Like a re living of the UYI tours. Sounds crazy but I think that is where it is heading. We'll see a reinvented Axl embracing his nostalgic past. It's coming.

Early 2016 maybe? When Slash finishes his tour..

It's not impossible, if Axl keeps his shit aside it wouldnt be a crazy idea..