How do you think Axl will sound on the 2015 tour?

DJ said they will play "new" stuff on the 2015 tour?

Does that mean there will be a new album in 2015? Or does it just mean they will play older songs that they don't play live anymore, like IRS or Think About You?

Very good questions. Sadly, you're a Guns fan and it's an ancient chinese tradition to be kept in the dark for 23 years, you get one album and "you're welcome".

I think we'll see a release of what is already finished. Probably CD ll with DJ doing a couple of solos. But nothing will make Axl move other then his will. If he wants to, he'll do it late as shit but he'll do it. And I really think only now he thinks Chinese 1 has gotten the time to be supported properly and make some money. Now, it's all about agreeing on a deal that will work for Axl's insane demands. Demands, conditions. Like he said if they don't get the right to use the MLK jr. speech I'm not playing. He won't do it if it's not epic enough.

But his way of doing things as an artist showed me he cares about putting out the work as it should be listened to and he said he always viewed Chinese as a double. Talked about the album fairly recently saying it was done. Why do that and lie? I think he wants to release it and it's all about him and the record company now. It's waiting for something that we feel should be in our hands, but it's closer now then it was when he didn't say we're seriously looking into it. That means "it's time, motherfuckers". Time to wait a little bit longer, but it's done, and we're working on getting it out there. If CD ll doesn't come out in the next 2 or 3 years it will be surprising to me, but I know he's insane. He's capable and then he'll say he didn't know about it, wasn't there, it was all Bucket's fault, was watching a ball game but he's 60 and we're all rustycage in hurr and beta is losing her shit.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Does that mean there will be a new album in 2015? Or does it just mean they will play older songs that they don't play live anymore, like IRS or Think About You?

Very good questions. Sadly, you're a Guns fan and it's an ancient chinese tradition to be kept in the dark for 23 years, you get one album and "you're welcome".

I think we'll see a release of what is already finished. Probably CD ll with DJ doing a couple of solos. But nothing will make Axl move other then his will. If he wants to, he'll do it late as shit but he'll do it. And I really think only now he thinks Chinese 1 has gotten the time to be supported properly and make some money. Now, it's all about agreeing on a deal that will work for Axl's insane demands. Demands, conditions. Like he said if they don't get the right to use the MLK jr. speech I'm not playing. He won't do it if it's not epic enough.

But his way of doing things as an artist showed me he cares about putting out the work as it should be listened to and he said he always viewed Chinese as a double. Talked about the album fairly recently saying it was done. Why do that and lie? I think he wants to release it and it's all about him and the record company now. It's waiting for something that we feel should be in our hands, but it's closer now then it was when he didn't say we're seriously looking into it. That means "it's time, motherfuckers". Time to wait a little bit longer, but it's done, and we're working on getting it out there. If CD ll doesn't come out in the next 2 or 3 years it will be surprising to me, but I know he's insane. He's capable and then he'll say he didn't know about it, wasn't there, it was all Bucket's fault, was watching a ball game but he's 60 and we're all rustycage in hurr and beta is losing her shit.

Do you have faith that Beta and Fernando are the right people to handle the negotiations with the label people?

Do you have faith that Beta and Fernando are the right people to handle the negotiations with the label people?

They'll be the right people when they'll get it released. Until the moment Axl agrees to it, you're a failure as a manager. I don't know. But I believe it doesn't really matter, cause like I've said, if he wants to, he'll do anything to make it happen and I think he's interested in releasing it now.

If he'll think Beta or Fernando are not doing their job and it fucks with his plans for CD ll, then he'll try someone else, but eventually if you really want your music out, it will be out.

Edited by Rovim

God, I remember how stoked I was Januari/Februari of this year. "They have run out of petty excuses now, they have no solid excuse to NOT play a new song at Heaven & Hell or this year for that matter..."

BOY WAS I WRONG. New tour will just be the same old whining about Axl's shitty voice at the beginning of the tour and the highlight will be Izzy joining for the last 2 dates on an a *surprise* AC/DC cover. It's like watching your older brother's shitty high school garage band butcher up a bunch of covers at the bar & grill, but you feel obliged to cheer the poor sucker on because you just feel sorry for him and his band.

• Like 1

You never know how Axl will sound on a given tour. I thought his voice was shot in 91, but then 92 and 93 happened. Then I thought he was done in 2002. Nope. 2006 and 2010 said otherwise. 2011-2014 has been fucking horrendous, though. There are maybe one or two shows in that whole stretch that could be called good. Other than that, the best you get is a show where 3-4 songs sound good, a few others are OK, and the rest are pretty fucking embarrassing. That leads me to think he's really done this time. He's getting too old to be such a lazy fuck about training and taking care of his voice. Still, I've been wrong before so I'll stay pathetic and stick around to see.

• Like 3

You never know how Axl will sound on a given tour. I thought his voice was shot in 91, but then 92 and 93 happened. Then I thought he was done in 2002. Nope. 2006 and 2010 said otherwise. 2011-2014 has been fucking horrendous, though. There are maybe one or two shows in that whole stretch that could be called good. Other than that, the best you get is a show where 3-4 songs sound good, a few others are OK, and the rest are pretty fucking embarrassing. That leads me to think he's really done this time. He's getting too old to be such a lazy fuck about training and taking care of his voice. Still, I've been wrong before so I'll stay pathetic and stick around to see.

Pathetic.

New GNR has run its course. The dream is over. Axl isn't going to release an album with this band. There's no money in albums today and he's toured everywhere. I could see a few cash grab tours this year, but after that, I see a reunion. And an album with a reunited GNR will sell...........a lot, but not too much, unless the media is instructed to promote the hell out of it.

If a reunited Van Galen with Roth album sold poorly, a GNR album will be unlikely to a mega seller.

At this point, I think Axl's vision and dream for new GNR is over. It could have been huge but everything got fucked up. It's too late now. Releasing an album with new GNR would only hurt the legacy and be criticized. It wouldn't sell very well and it would be another way the media and public could bash Axl. So there's no value to releasing an album, even if it sold a million copies or on par with Chinese Democracy, and was awesome material.

Plus the band currently is unstable. Ron is a problem. Tommy is a problem. I don't see Axl wanting to commit further to this lineup. So I say he's saving his voice and material for a reunion. It is no doubt coming.

Axl unconsciously or consciously, wants to do it. And he knows very well that the other guys will do it, they're all alive and not getting any younger, and that is would be successful. He may even do a classic reunion shortly just to boost the success of a future new GNR. Maybe that's what he needs to reinvigorate things and give him the recognition and power to fulfill the lofty goals he had in the late 90's - early 2000's. Because a reunion would have a huge promotional impact on whatever Axl does after it.

• Like 1

New GNR has run its course. The dream is over. Axl isn't going to release an album with this band. There's no money in albums today and he's toured everywhere. I could see a few cash grab tours this year, but after that, I see a reunion. And an album with a reunited GNR will sell...........a lot, but not too much, unless the media is instructed to promote the hell out of it.

If a reunited Van Galen with Roth album sold poorly, a GNR album will be unlikely to a mega seller.

At this point, I think Axl's vision and dream for new GNR is over. It could have been huge but everything got fucked up. It's too late now. Releasing an album with new GNR would only hurt the legacy and be criticized. It wouldn't sell very well and it would be another way the media and public could bash Axl. So there's no value to releasing an album, even if it sold a million copies or on par with Chinese Democracy, and was awesome material.

Plus the band currently is unstable. Ron is a problem. Tommy is a problem. I don't see Axl wanting to commit further to this lineup. So I say he's saving his voice and material for a reunion. It is no doubt coming.

Axl unconsciously or consciously, wants to do it. And he knows very well that the other guys will do it, they're all alive and not getting any younger, and that is would be successful. He may even do a classic reunion shortly just to boost the success of a future new GNR. Maybe that's what he needs to reinvigorate things and give him the recognition and power to fulfill the lofty goals he had in the late 90's - early 2000's. Because a reunion would have a huge promotional impact on whatever Axl does after it.

I was reading your post with a party hat on (pointy) and was in a good mood and cracking jokes, but now after reading all of it no. CD ll will be out in a few years and some decent live shows. That's all we can hope for, and I think that is exactly what will happen. Axl is not going to change, but he'll get there. I think they're trying to figure out a deal and he's insane so it might take a few years but a fresh album written by the current line up? lol.

Edited by Rovim

It's true with CD II already done and remix it has a feeling of being over. They have been working on the new record, some new stuff, maybe Dj. If Dj contributes 1 song and some solos that would justify all the talk.

A reunion would be a big deal and it's always possible. It would be easy money. In a way the expectations would be too much. So many pitfalls.

Axl has been working on CD new line up after he says surviving the break, to then just turn around and can his material to do a cash grab?

It would grab headlines for sure.

But first have to see if this 2015 tour happens.

I predict the biggest disaster this new band has done.

During the last south american tour we could see pics of Axl with his yellow trousers and maybe the guy has passed the 100kg.So,with all this hollydays,apart that this band is really falling apart,the anger of 2010 is gone and it seems that Axl thinks of making enough money to live until die becuase he knows his spot was 2010 and he failed after a glorius tour...........

I think we will have a really fat Axl Rose,depressed,with no mountains to climb in the horizon,and thinking of fuck it,we cant do anything more.

Can anyone name a singer that actually sings better with age?

Bruce Dickinson from iron Maiden should be a perfect example: not only sounding better with age but at the same time more fit and healthy than most of the 30 year olds. he still is running, jumping and ranting like Axl during UYI tour. add that he is even older than Axl!!

If they put CD II out or play some new songs that could up the energy of the shows.

It's only a matter of time, and I don't think it will be too long now. The solo spots kinda hinder the momentum of the show, but they also give Axl a little time to rest.

I actually think the not getting in shape complaint is valid cause it does limit Axl especially given the fact he's older now, but I don't think that's going to change anytime soon.

Well, Axl might sound good if he's just after finishing vocals on the new album and then goes on tour. If he's been at home for half the year and then goes on tour he will sound exactly as he did when he went to South America earlier this year, getting better day by day but absolutely shocking at first. Practice makes perfect, corny but true! if he puts the effort in he could come out and deliver from the first date to the last... as long as he doesn't come down with any ailments, obviously. I would go to see the Axl that played vegas... well the Axl that turned up in the 2nd week.

Rovim and wasted, worshiping at the alter of St Jude the Apostle haha

Many people didn't believe Chinese would ever come out, but it did after a long ass wait. The same thing will happen with CD ll imo so 2 to 3 years best case scenario, 4 to 5 years at the latest. (haha)

Many people didn't believe Chinese would ever come out, but it did after a long ass wait. The same thing will happen with CD ll imo so 2 to 3 years best case scenario, 4 to 5 years at the latest. (haha)

CD came out because the label was 13+ million in the hole for it. Everyone and their grandmothers knew about Chinese Democracy.

Few people give a squat about CD II.

CD came out because the label was 13+ million in the hole for it. Everyone and their grandmothers knew about Chinese Democracy.

Few people give a squat about CD II.

3 million bought it though. CD ll is done, labels want to make money. If is sells even a million copies, it will be better then to not release it at all.