How do you think Axl will sound on the 2015 tour?

Many people didn't believe Chinese would ever come out, but it did after a long ass wait. The same thing will happen with CD ll imo so 2 to 3 years best case scenario, 4 to 5 years at the latest. (haha)

CD came out because the label was 13+ million in the hole for it. Everyone and their grandmothers knew about Chinese Democracy.

Few people give a squat about CD II.

3 million bought it though. CD ll is done, labels want to make money. If is sells even a million copies, it will be better then to not release it at all.

Labels want to make money without a headache that comes from working with Axl Rose. This aren't the days of guaranteed sales. This record is only talked about by a minority of GNR fans.

Anyways, why buy it when it's easier and cheaper to just download it? That's the era. To think a CD II would net anyone big money(in their world) is wishful thinking.

The crowds aren't showing up for CD material. No one is lining up for CD II.

Many people didn't believe Chinese would ever come out, but it did after a long ass wait. The same thing will happen with CD ll imo so 2 to 3 years best case scenario, 4 to 5 years at the latest. (haha)

CD came out because the label was 13+ million in the hole for it. Everyone and their grandmothers knew about Chinese Democracy.

Few people give a squat about CD II.

3 million bought it though. CD ll is done, labels want to make money. If is sells even a million copies, it will be better then to not release it at all.

Labels want to make money without a headache that comes from working with Axl Rose. This aren't the days of guaranteed sales. This record is only talked about by a minority of GNR fans.

Anyways, why buy it when it's easier and cheaper to just download it? That's the era. To think a CD II would net anyone big money(in their world) is wishful thinking.

The crowds aren't showing up for CD material. No one is lining up for CD II.

You're mainly talking about all artists and album releases in general. But record companies still fund album releases. I didn't say big money. I think it will say less compared to Chinese, that's why I've said a million copies and not 3 million.

How many units have Van Halen sold with their last release for example? (and that had 3 original members)

Its not the record company not wanting to, its Axl not wanting to/not ready to or whatever. Plain and simple.

Link? From what I remember Axl has stated several times that he wants to release music when asked by fans.

But your post is something better addressed by the poster with some sources.

You're mainly talking about all artists and album releases in general. But record companies still fund album releases. I didn't say big money. I think it will say less compared to Chinese, that's why I've said a million copies and not 3 million.

How many units have Van Halen sold with their last release for example? (and that had 3 original members)

Van Halen is a neat little corporate puppet band.

Labels want to release the music of people they have manipulated into favoring contracts like new bands and sell outs. nugnr aren't of that type and they aren't going to waste time butting heads with someone like Axl anymore for mediocre money that isn't even guaranteed. Especially when the last release wasn't well received and was full of headaches. It doesn't help that attendance numbers are falling. No demand = no care

So axl was lying about the trilogy and was lying those other times but THIS time he's telling the truth that he's thinking about releasing something. Nevermind that it's being claimed the recording and mixing is done and ready to go. Axl just did all that because he wasn't ready.

Got it.

I never said anything about lying or telling the truth. Just going by his last interview, whether it happens or not is another story. And by all claims from anyone in the band, no one evens knows which songs are goin to be on the next record. So who knows how close its ready to be released.

I never said anything about lying or telling the truth. Just going by his last interview, whether it happens or not is another story. And by all claims from anyone in the band, no one evens knows which songs are goin to be on the next record. So who knows how close its ready to be released.

It's not ready to be released because hardly anyone wants it. It has been over 20 years since being an Axl fan was popular. Axl's the only appeal and it's bringing in some fans at the concerts. He's been sucking at the shows and the numbers are going down. That's not a good selling point for a label, ya know.

So whyd they just release the Vegas dvd? Like Groghan has pointed out in another thread, if lesser 80s band like Ratt, etc. are getting albums released then there should be no issue for Guns. Chinese sold 3 mil. The next record is paid for recording wise at least. Id see no reason for the record company not to release it unless Axl has some outrageous promotional plans they cant agree on.

Edited by ChineseIRS

How many times does it need to be said? Dealing with Axl isn't like dealing with Ratt or Bieber, or whoever else. You're talking about the guy that milked 13+ million dollars from them, supposedly didn't even promote his own album and you think they're wanting to go that route over a declining act with mythical "A-list material" that was recorded around the time of the not-so-well received and mythical Chinese Democracy?

What's the selling point? "Do the work and hope for the best?"

Nah.

The DVD milks the old material. It's the same type of choice the label made with greatest hits.

Edited by Rustycage

Eh im not buying it. I think if somethin was ready itd be released, whether they want to deal with the headache of Axl Rose or not. They spent the 13 mil already, not just on the 14 songs that came out. Whether it sells 3 million or 800 thousand its still more than if they dont release it at all.

Eh im not buying it. I think if somethin was ready itd be released,

So then Axl is lying along with other members that have said the work is done on that material? All I'm saying is that flip flopping around like that doesn't make any sense.

whether they want to deal with the headache of Axl Rose or not. They spent the 13 mil already, not just on the 14 songs that came out. Whether it sells 3 million or 800 thousand its still more than if they dont release it at all.

You do realize that the labels still invest at that point, right? It probably takes more than a few dozen or even a few hundred people on the internet showing interest in an album for the label to release something on the grand scale of an Axl Rose project.

We don't even know the contract. If one more album fulfills the contract, there goes any hope for them to cash in on an eventual reunion.

Right now, the label loses nothing.

Edited by Rustycage

No, i think the musics done. But they havent narrowed it down to which songs are actually gonna be on it. Then theres the artwork. If that stuff isnt done yet then its not ready. We all know how important the artwork is to Axl ha....and yes i do realize that they invest after recording costs, thats why i said if theyre not aggreeing on a promotional campaign then i can see them holding out.

No, i think the musics done. But they havent narrowed it down to which songs are actually gonna be on it. Then theres the artwork. If that stuff isnt done yet then its not ready. We all know how important the artwork is to Axl ha....and yes i do realize that they invest after recording costs, thats why i said if theyre not aggreeing on a promotional campaign then i can see them holding out.

Just curious, if Axl cared so much about the artwork and what other dressing may be with it, why wasn't the last ordeal caught before release? You'd think someone as picky as you're suggesting would use a fine tooth comb on it.

You can't treat GNR as some other washed up band that exhausted their peak/profit. Everyone knows where the real payday is, including the label. If they're holding out, you can bet it's because of the reality of the current situation and the hopes for the real payday.

Im not sure why the artwork thing wasnt caught, should have been easy to id expect. I was more having a laugh at the clip that surfaced of Axl talking at some party saying he didnt promote the album cuz they fucked up the artwork. Pretty ridiculous on his part, but its Axl.

And i agree with u on the reunion front. Hell, all of us would prefer it to be the original band. But the label has to know at the same time its not really realistic at this point.

Im not sure why the artwork thing wasnt caught, should have been easy to id expect. I was more having a laugh at the clip that surfaced of Axl talking at some party saying he didnt promote the album cuz they fucked up the artwork. Pretty ridiculous on his part, but its Axl.

And i agree with u on the reunion front. Hell, all of us would prefer it to be the original band. But the label has to know at the same time its not really realistic at this point.

Its not the record company not wanting to, its Axl not wanting to/not ready to or whatever. Plain and simple.

Link? From what I remember Axl has stated several times that he wants to release music when asked by fans.

But your post is something better addressed by the poster with some sources.

Van Halen is a neat little corporate puppet band.

Labels want to release the music of people they have manipulated into favoring contracts like new bands and sell outs. nugnr aren't of that type and they aren't going to waste time butting heads with someone like Axl anymore for mediocre money that isn't even guaranteed. Especially when the last release wasn't well received and was full of headaches. It doesn't help that attendance numbers are falling. No demand = no care

But there is still demand. All you're doing here is guessing and thinking that you know what the label will do. The album is done. They've paid for it already. Besides, albums still have value for the artist and for the label. Not just the aspect of sales, it's something to tour behind, and Gn'R is still profitable as a live act.

A new Guns album will probably still make more money compared to Van Halen, or some other 80's act. Negotiations with Axl about promotion money is the way to go for the label imo, cause they can always say no. But there is a way here to make money, and I think they're trying to work it out or will try to work it out.

Edited by Rovim

How many times does it need to be said? Dealing with Axl isn't like dealing with Ratt or Bieber, or whoever else. You're talking about the guy that milked 13+ million dollars from them, supposedly didn't even promote his own album and you think they're wanting to go that route over a declining act with mythical "A-list material" that was recorded around the time of the not-so-well received and mythical Chinese Democracy?

Nah.

The DVD milks the old material. It's the same type of choice the label made with greatest hits.

The selling point? they've made a profit with Chinese. Even if the process was shitty. Still found a way with the Best Buy deal. Now that kind of deal will probably won't happen, but Axl have always made money as a recording artist. Some money is better then no money at all. They'll lose what was invested by them to record CD ll if they won't release it.

The label can drop Axl if they want to no? why didn't they if Axl is such a losing horse for them? it doesn't quite add up.

Edited by Rovim

Nah.

The selling point? they've made a profit with Chinese. Even if the process was shitty. Still found a way with the Best Buy deal. Now that kind of deal will probably won't happen, but Axl have always made money as a recording artist. Some money is better then no money at all. They'll lose what was invested by them to record CD ll if they won't release it.

The label can drop Axl if they want to no? why didn't they if Axl is such a losing horse for them? it doesn't quite add up.

whenh you spend 13+ million on an album and you get a deal for 14 million with Best Buy, where's that profit you speak of?

Who said they should drop Axl? If anything, they'd hold out for a reunion and wait for the profit from that. They wouldn't sit by and watch their only leverage dry up by releasing mediocre records that net tiny profit.

No one is anticipating CD II as much as people were with CD. That's not a guess.

Edited by Rustycage