Frank Sinatra and Axl--had they collaborated...

I remember reading in TIME Magazine, while Sinatra was recording Duets, The Chairman of the Board was interested in recording a song with Axl. In your opinion, do you wish Axl and Frank had recorded a song together? What song do you think would have worked best? I'd go with "My Way."

Sinatra would die before he sang with Axl Rose, Sinatra was a mob connected Italian American born in 1915, you really think he's gonna get onstage with a guy known for wearing tight cycling shorts and arseless chaps, singing in a high pitched voice, with fuckin' nipple piercings? :lol:

Sinatra would die before he sang with Axl Rose, Sinatra was a mob connected Italian American born in 1915, you really think he's gonna get onstage with a guy known for wearing tight cycling shorts and arseless chaps, singing in a high pitched voice, with fuckin' nipple piercings? :lol:

That's funny cos he felt quite entitled to offer friendly advice to George Michael in that open letter back in 1990, and he kinda follows through on the assless chaps.

Though he's not the principle-free whore that Elton John became, I'm pretty sure Sinatra would've jumped at the chance to look relevant again no matter what his mob friends thought. Axl was the hottest shit in town around that time.

Well, Axl would had to have written the songs, since Frank didn't write music. He had so many talented writers like Paul Anka to write him songs, that Frank made his own with that amazing voice.

I would have loved to have heard a song Axl could have written for Frank. Would have made history.

Well, Axl would had to have written the songs, since Frank didn't write music. He had so many talented writers like Paul Anka to write him songs, that Frank made his own with that amazing voice. I would have loved to have heard a song Axl could have written for Frank. Would have made history.

Frank wrote quite a few songs (I'm A Fool To Want You, for one) and conducted orchestras on a few occasions too.

Also Paul Anka is a talentless cunt whose greatest claim to fame was translating My Way's lyrics from the original French, then claiming he wrote it. Either way, Frank hated the song, loathed performing it, and rightfully so. It's shit.

Well, Axl would had to have written the songs, since Frank didn't write music. He had so many talented writers like Paul Anka to write him songs, that Frank made his own with that amazing voice. I would have loved to have heard a song Axl could have written for Frank. Would have made history.

Frank wrote quite a few songs (I'm A Fool To Want You, for one) and conducted orchestras on a few occasions too.

Also Paul Anka is a talentless cunt whose greatest claim to fame was translating My Way's lyrics from the original French, then claiming he wrote it. Either way, Frank hated the song, loathed performing it, and rightfully so. It's shit.

Frank may have disliked "My Way," but that's one of his greatest songs.

Sinatra is a legend however, I was always a bit more of a Deano fan. There is something about his, semi-inebriated style, which appeals to me.

He was in some fantastic films too. Sinatra had some brilliant turns, Man With The Golden Arm etc but Deano had more natural charm. Loved him in Rio Bravo and The Sons of Katie Elder.

Just tell me how gay George Michael wasn't to you in 1990. There'll be no way back for Axl after that.

Calling someone a bender and them actually being widely confirmed as gay are two different things though, aren't they? :lol: I was calling Ricky Martin and whatshisname out of Boyzone gay before they came out too, don't mean to say I knew :lol:

Edited by Lennie Godber

Frank may have disliked "My Way," but that's one of his greatest songs.

Not even close. I'd take virtually any song from 'In The Wee Small Hours' up to 'Watertown' over it.

And yes, Dino was the shit too. His variety show is one of my favourite TV series of all time.

I remember reading in TIME Magazine, while Sinatra was recording Duets, The Chairman of the Board was interested in recording a song with Axl. In your opinion, do you wish Axl and Frank had recorded a song together? What song do you think would have worked best? I'd go with "My Way."

Vicky Hamilton said somewhere that Axl watched this version of My Way like million times while living in her apartment

• 5 months later...