Conspiracy Questions

MrPoe

Theres one for every fuckin tragedy that occurs, aint there?

Yes and there's actually psychology behind it....something along the lines that some people can't seem to grasp the concept that there is real evil in the world.

Sorry?

People come up with conspiracy theories because they can't come to the realization that there are evil human beings in the world. Everything must have a "bigger" meaning....it's not good enough to believe that some evil, deranged lunatic decided to assassinate someone, etc.

something along the lines that some people can't seem to grasp the concept that there is real evil in the world.

Is there evil in the world?

Yes.

Surely the idea of the theories is that there is a greater evil at work?

Yes and no. They can't believe that a regular person can be evil but that there must be a much larger, evil plot.

This artcle explains it better than I can....

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/26/magazine/why-rational-people-buy-into-conspiracy-theories.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

"Economic recessions, terrorist attacks and natural disasters are massive, looming threats, but we have little power over when they occur or how or what happens afterward. In these moments of powerlessness and uncertainty, a part of the brain called the amygdala kicks into action. Paul Whalen, a scientist at Dartmouth College who studies the amygdala, says it doesn’t exactly do anything on its own. Instead, the amygdala jump-starts the rest of the brain into analytical overdrive — prompting repeated reassessments of information in an attempt to create a coherent and understandable narrative, to understand what just happened, what threats still exist and what should be done now. This may be a useful way to understand how, writ large, the brain’s capacity for generating new narratives after shocking events can contribute to so much paranoia in this country."

Basically, people need to rationalize it to themselves. People like being in "control". They think that we live in a society where these things shouldn't happen. When they do, it's not good enough just to blame a single evil person....they need to formulate a much bigger story in order to justify it to themselves, giving them the false assumption that they are in "control" because they think they know what really happened.

Edited by Kasanova King

And on 9-11...if I planned something so insidious, I'd have every agent I had in New York filming the event. So where are the Bin Laden supporters' videos of the first plane to hit the WTC?

Do you actually believe that's a good point?

I shouldn't have even put 9-11 in here. I was more interested in the Zapruder not reacting thing. For the record, I believe 9-11 was NOT an inside job. I don't believe in any of the crap conspiracies.

As far as the Zapruda film goes, I think the images that we see have been stabilized and zoomed in to make it watchable. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere.

This is the best one that I could find in a hurry(lunch break), and shows the camera bobbing all over the place.

The Zapruder Film - Full Length, Full Width, Good: http://youtu.be/eqlib47cefM

Edited by uncivil war