GNR rock am ring 2006

I just saw this concert in full on youtube and guns 2006 is tighter and better as a group unit than 2014 live guns

brain and robin finck look and perform better than ever at this concert

and the special dynamic on stage between axl robin tommy is unbelievable on stage live in 2006

and axl had his best look physically in guns with his face and body in 2006

and the best part was axl didn't wear a hat LOL like he does now at concerts

axl's live singing voice was at its ABSOLUTE BEST in 2006

no mickey mouse. no cracks. no missed lyrics either. axl was at his best live post slash and duff in 2006

what do you guys think?

and oh yeah BRING BACK brain and robin to the band

Edited by pockets

People are going to tell you this has been discussed already but it's a great show.

The sound quality is incredible, the jungle scream is awesome! It's one if the best GNR pro shots that we have access to.

Highlights are a Jungle, Better, Nighttrain, I liked sweet child from the show, november rain is great vocally, Axl is running around and really when I saw the show the first time I felt like Chinese Democracy could be huge if that's the band representing the album.

Things obviously have changed but great show none the less!

Finck6, please stop asking to "bring back" Brain and Finck. They left by their own free will because they didn't want to keep working with Axl. Their tenure in Axl's band was and is over. They're all doing productive stuff and making their fans happy. No need for them to go backwards.

If you're a true fan of either Brain or Finck, enjoy their current projects and stop asking for them to come back to a band that is currently doing nothing.

• Like 1

I dream of brain and robin coming back to the fold because I see them as big stars and gnr could've been a big star band if brain and robin stayed

maybe the better video gets officially released in 2008 if robin is still there in the band

maybe other big things happen with the band public and commercially in 2008 if robin stays

because axl was in killer shape in 2006 live shows like rock am ring in Germany 2006

axl didn't have the mickey mouse voice in 2006. axl didn't wear hats and lots of clothing in 2006

axl was at his best live with gnr in 2006

and 2006 would have been the perfect time to release cd with brain and robin still there

in fact, 2006 was the best year for live shows with gnr post 90's gnr live shows

so many things could have happened in 2006 if gnr did more than just live shows

2006 was the year 2006 was the year of big things for gnr

The only thing I would say wasn't so good about the show was that there was too much ambience in the mix for some songs (like better). I couldn't really make out the guitars when they were all playing. And the guitars were each at different levels (in volume)

2006 was definitely the best Axl of the 00s but the band from 2009 on are tighter and closer to what the original sound was like, tight but a looseness is evident. 2006 rock am ring is one of my favourite gnr shows... I actually prefer it to the illusions dvd... :)

The only flat point imo from that show and the whole 2006 tour is Ron. The random shredding wasn't too fair with the great sound they had by that time. Still, it must have been extremely difficult for him to play songs he could only hear with headphones on the road, so it's completely understandable. I'm glad he learned Bucket's parts for 2009.

Best Jungle intro ever but the rest of the show can be hit or miss vocally. Axl's voice is breaking up all over the show. Thankfully we still got some awesome performances and the whole band sounds tight and the music is mixed perfectly for the most part.

Also if your wondering if Axl ever did another long Jungle intro check out Hungary 06 as well :)

• Like 1