Unlistenable UYI songs

Charlie Underbite

My World takes the cake. Not only does it just sound completely out of place and awkward, it ruined how the album ended instead of on a higher note like it could have with Don't Cry's alt version.

Also not a fan of So Fine, The Garden or Bad Apples.

I can't believe how many people have said Right Next Door To Hell is unlistenable. It's one of the only UYI songs that doesn't suffer from overproduction and doesn't include Dizzy's piano/organ work. It's kick-ass right from the beginning and snarls with Appetite era attitude.

Edited by Charlie Underbite

I only skip So Fine, My World, Get In The Ring and sometimes Shotgun Blues. Nothing else is skipped, no one skips anything but these songs, they're all lying, I have tampered with the stereo systems and media players to create preventable skippages of every other track so don't try to fool the illusion or your musical contraption will explode in disgust.

Every track (especially Bad Apples) kicks a ton of ass. This post reminds me of when i stumbled across a question asked here a few days ago; Which live version of Sweet Child O' Mine is closest to being studio quality vocally? People were actually suggesting that the song sucked or was horrible so i scratched my head and moved on with life without question until this. Sure you might not wanna listen to Right Next Door To Hell on repeat but to say it isn't a good uplifter is complete bull. If Dust N' Bones, You Ain't The First are both shit than so is Dead Horse and the entire experience.

hmmm.

My World - Just shit.

Get In The Ring - It has some great parts and some cringeworthy parts. It's just all over the place.

KOHD - Honestly, the Freddie Mercury live version is one of the best things GnR has ever done. Pure magic. But the studio version is just so...meh. Phonecall sucks.

Breakdown - Though a really fantastic song at first, the ending is just so stupid. Fuck you and your stupid Vanishing Point shit.

You Aint The First isn't really good, but at least it's funny.

So Fine is just... poor. But listenable.

Guitar wise I find stuff to like in almost every UYI song there is :).

It's been said a million times but it's the production that kills most of the "shitty" songs.

Playing Garden of Eden on guitar made me love that song.

I haven't really listened to a lot of songs for many years. I could probably listen to all of them, even My World, but the ones I'm skipping are usually these:

Live And Let Die

Yesterdays

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Get In The Ring

Shotgun Blues

Breakdown

My World

The rest are fine. I think all of them could have been improved immensely though, even the best songs. The only songs that are really perfect are Dust N' Bones and You Could Be Mine.

Lol what's up with RNDTH??

I like it, it's one of the few times it really sounds like GNR the band. Bass rumble, riffs, crazy lyrics, awesome vocals, first time I heard it I was like they're back!

I guess I would have liked a first side like:

RNDTH

DTJ

Back off bitch

Don't damn me

Bad Obsession

Civil War

That's what I would have expected but the albums have huge scope of not recording depth.