Supporter sections - success or failure?

GivenToFly

They kind of suck in my opinion. There's just nothing to differentiate them from the main sections (except fewer people to reply to threads). There was a promising feature regarding the less moderation thing but ultimately if you still enforce the no personal attacks rule and no talking about banned members rule you just get a whole bunch of nothing. So ultimately what's the point of having a separate section if there's nothing to set it apart?

And they're generally pretty dead. Just didn't catch on, I suppose.

Opinions?

I seem to remember there wasn't much traffic in the original Attitude section by the time it was closed down but a number of people wanted it back. I suspect some of those members probably enjoyed complaining about it being shutdown more than they do actually posting in it. ;-)

Other factors probably include, banning or disappearance of FM who were most likely to post there. Stricter moderation across the board in general. Nothing much is happening in GnR land generally.

If another tour starts up or Axl announces a reunion/sex change/running for president then I imagine those sections along with D&N will perk up considerably.

• Like 1

Dunno to be honest. When you use the new content button there pretty much are no sections anymore.

This for me, although I'll start a thread in those sections if I'm feeling a little extra dick-ish.

I guess that means I like them. Damn_Smooth needs to start talking about bleeding anuses some more though.

• Like 1

Dunno to be honest. When you use the new content button there pretty much are no sections anymore.

This for me, although I'll start a thread in those sections if I'm feeling a little extra dick-ish.

I guess that means I like them. Damn_Smooth needs to start talking about bleeding anuses some more though.

All of the idiots with true rectal blooditis are too cheap to donate and can't post in there. It's boring.

Looking at the online stats for tonight there are 23 out of 66 online members who are eligible to post in those sections. If we all started one thread each it would soon get busy....so I will if you will!

Also to the 200 + guests, sign up and stop lurking. ;-p

Go find some news, would you? :lol:

Looking at the online stats for tonight there are 23 out of 66 online members who are eligible to post in those sections. If we all started one thread each it would soon get busy....so I will if you will!

Also to the 200 + guests, sign up and stop lurking. ;-p

Go find some news, would you? :lol:
You have no idea of the secret pain I'm going through to bring you news. Soon!*

*don't hold me to that on pain of death or anything!

I don't miss the old Attitude. It was too extreme even for me. Lots of talk about fucking other peoples mothers and eating bowls of shit. I agree there isn't a lot going on in the new section but I wouldn't want to see it close. It has potential.

Too extreme? Even for YOU? What? "She's so mean, but I don't care. I love her eyes and her wild, wild hair!" That's your theme song now! You're stuck with it! You really do like me. You just don't know it yet. :lol:

The problem with allowing personal insults and attacks to take place in the supporter sections is that they spill over into other sections of the forum. Too many times did we see one poster personally attacking another, which then continued in other parts of the forum. Ideally, if people could keep their pissing matches relegated to the supporter sections we wouldn't have this problem, but so far, that hasn't been the case.

Insults aren't really necessary either way. I'm not sure how many people appreciate to donate money just to get access to a section where they will be called cunt as I saw someone did earlier today. It doesn't exactly add anything to the forum. It's not that awful to have to abstain from calling other people names even if you've donated money. Maybe that's just me though.

• Like 1