Supporter sections - success or failure?

GivenToFly

I guess people are just bored. All the controversial topics have been discussed to death x100. The worst cupcakes are all banned, people are older... It's all different from original Attitude. We're better off this way, IMO.

Now, if we're talking about the main section of the forum, the spamposting over there is becoming really annoying.

• Like 1

For the first 2 days or something, I thought it would be a nice section.

I tried to pull it up, with some dynamic threads, and I tried to foster camaraderie.

Shortly, I got nothing but disappointment ... I saw it die before it start ... so, from my perspective, I can't find a way to not see it as a failure. :shrugs:

Edited by GUNNER PT

It's a bit annoying for current supporters that they're almost hidden until you click into them. Visually, I often ignore because of this.

I think they have the potential to be excellent - it's just starting so harder to tell.

The problem with allowing personal insults and attacks to take place in the supporter sections is that they spill over into other sections of the forum. Too many times did we see one poster personally attacking another, which then continued in other parts of the forum. Ideally, if people could keep their pissing matches relegated to the supporter sections we wouldn't have this problem, but so far, that hasn't been the case.

Am I the only one that views permission to insult and denigrate others as a weird perk to offer?

Yeah, idiot.

:wub:

The problem with allowing personal insults and attacks to take place in the supporter sections is that they spill over into other sections of the forum. Too many times did we see one poster personally attacking another, which then continued in other parts of the forum. Ideally, if people could keep their pissing matches relegated to the supporter sections we wouldn't have this problem, but so far, that hasn't been the case.

Am I the only one that views permission to insult and denigrate others as a weird perk to offer?

The old Attitude was a clusterfuck, (and that was free), but the new section is nothing like that at all. In fact, as someone already mentioned, it seems to be moderated much like the rest of the forum. I still haven't gotten into any major disagreements with anyone in there yet. Go figure. :laugh:

• Like 1

The old Attitude was a clusterfuck, (and that was free), but the new section is nothing like that at all. In fact, as someone already mentioned, it seems to be moderated much like the rest of the forum. I still haven't gotten into any major disagreements with anyone in there yet. Go figure. :laugh:

I can't find it! :lol:

If this weren't happening, and it was treated like the old attitude, it'd be a lot more fun.

I don't have an experience with these sections

But as far as i'm concerned, paying money to access a hidden part of the forum where posters freely bash the shit out of each other verbally over the internet is pretty pointless...

It would be funny if you have no life at all or if the internet allowed a real fist fight :shrugs: