Get in the Ring - The song

I don't understand how you found "forced" in there.

Axl is basically saying it wasn't his idea, Duff seems to say it was, but it is a bit ambiguous ("Then Axl took it very personal. He thought it a good idea"). Axl says they all were happy with the outcome there and then, it is not clear form Duff whether he liked it. It would be cool to ask Duff explicitly who's idea it was to see if there really are inconsistencies between Axl's and Duff's versions of what happened.

Axl is basically saying it wasn't his idea, Duff seems to say it was, but it is a bit ambiguous ("Then Axl took it very personal. He thought it a good idea"). Axl says they all were happy with the outcome there and then, it is not clear form Duff whether he liked it. It would be cool to ask Duff explicitly who's idea it was to see if there really are inconsistencies between Axl's and Duff's versions of what happened.

Soul, Soul. The world does not care about the inconsistencies between Axl and Duff's account, upon the writing of the masterpiece, 'Get in the Ring' haha.

Soul, Soul. The world does not care about the inconsistencies between Axl and Duff's account, upon the writing of the masterpiece, 'Get in the Ring' haha.

But we care.

Love this song!

I think Axl should update his rant to cursing out people who upset him today. I think Axl would have plenty of enemies to include in the new version of "Get in the Ring" 2015.

This was one of those GNR songs that told you not to fuck with Axl. The only thing that bothers me about this song, is Axl said that the other guys told him to add the rant, but when he got shit for it, he said they didn't back him up. That sucks. you have to have each others back, no matter what.

Is that how you handle your differences with people? You curse them out? Is that what you taught your children to do and are teaching your grandchildren to do? Curse people out if you have a disagreement with them?

Yes. I'm sure that this song really "scared" a lot of people that were thinking about "f*cking" with Axl. This song really put those mean guys in their place. SMH.

We should make a topic here of the craziest things that you post.

So you are actually criticizing the rest of the band because you think they pressured Axl into his rant and then didn't back him up when the song was laughed at and criticized by most adults? Seriously? Wow. Sometimes your statements leave me speechless.

While saying it may have "scared" people or told them "not to fuck" with him may be a bit of a stretch, I do think it's a nice "fuck you" to the people he addressed at the time. And with the people and situation at the time, it was more than "disagreeing", if even that. It was printing things that weren't true and starting issues between people.

Comparing this song and/or the rant to how "real life" people handle their differences is apples/oranges, in my opinion, and not applicable. And argument like that could be made for a lot of songs and is nothing but an argument starter when you look at things that way. Obviously most people wouldn't condone their children to react like that in a real life situation on the playground or the workplace, but Axl/Gn'R's situation wasn't like either of those.

But Val didn't say anything about the song "scaring" anyone. This is just Groghan making things up in his ongoing vendetta (or whatever it is) against her. She said it "told" people not to fuck with Axl, and that is actually in my opinon a valid interpretation of the song. She also critized his bandmembers for not backing him up under the premise that they wanted him at first to do the song. I think such criticism is valid, too, given that they actually first talked him into doing it. Finally, accusing Val for cursing at people or telling here children and grandchildrne that cursing is okay, just because she enjoys a song with cursing and would want it to updated, is such a low blow, even for Groghan.

• Like 4