Lies Your Parents Told You

Snake-Pit

What did you say when she told you you weren't black? :lol: To be fair though Snakes are you sure you don't have some black blood in you? Not to be offensive but you do look like there's a little bit of brother in you.

Edited by Dazey

Not to be offensive but you do look like there's a little bit of brother in you.

That's the Welsh in me, must be.

Abe Lincoln, Tom Jones, all of Welsh decent whom the Black Israelites claim are black. :lol:!

I'm a mix of Anglo-Saxon meets Viking Britain meets Wales.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Drilled it into my head that I'd be better off if I stuck close to them and didn't make any mistakes and always did what they said. That's why I'm 34 and live in a house on their property and work at their house and eat breakfast and dinner with them and don't have a life of my own with any decisions made I can call my own and I'm stuck under the grip of my dad's iron fist, living a miserable and pathetic life that causes me to stare at my gun every single night for the past year.

Edited by Amish
  • Like 1

Drilled it into my head that I'd be better off if I stuck close to them and didn't make any mistakes and always did what they said. That's why I'm 34 and live in a house on their property and work at their house and eat breakfast and dinner with them and don't have a life of my own with any decisions made I can call my own and I'm stuck under the grip of my dad's iron fist, living a miserable and pathetic life that causes me to stare at my gun every single night for the past year.

I thought Amish aren't allowed to have guns, or the internet for that matter?

Don't know if that's true, but just in case: at least you're aware. You know what's the problem. It's all about finally making the change and taking control of your own fuckin' life man.

Also, therapy can help a lot imo. There is no shame in getting help. It will give you direction. Get the fuck out of there as soon as you can. That's my advice. It obviously makes you unhappy and no wonder, it doesn't seem healthy at all to me. You're a man, not a child. You know what's best for you, not your parents and even if you fuck up and make mistakes, that's how you learn. Better to at least try and build your own life yourself and not live under the shadow of your parents. (especially your dad)

If you want to be free, you gotta make that move.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Nah, thats called being a fucking pussy Im afraid. Man up, get a shitty job, find a roommate and move out. Its that simple!
  • Like 1

The Amish were descended from a branch of Anabaptists, the Swiss Brethren. The Anabaptists were fringe hardcore Protestants who were so extreme in their rejection of infant baptism that even the other Protestant sects (e.g. the Lutherans and Calvinists), who you would presume would be allies in the fight against Catholicism, used to persecute them - a hatred of Anabaptism was basically the only thing Protestants and Catholics agreed on during the reformation. They consequentially migrated.

Nah, thats called being a fucking pussy Im afraid. Man up, get a shitty job, find a roommate and move out. Its that simple!

Blimey Chris, say what you mean eh? :lol:

Blimey Chris, say what you mean eh? :lol:
Lol well he's 100 percent right, that's all it is. Not manning up. Every child *should* rebel at around 15-17 and make a few mistakes...then you should be done making mistakes by early 20s, and finished paying for those mistakes by early 30s.

I just had physically ill parents who also happened to be controlling and clingy. It's easier to rebel and leave if your parents are perfectly healthy. Mine are crippled. They created a slave/caretaker when they made me lol

Edited by Amish

Fair play to ya for looking after your folks.

Unlike hearltless dazey

I'd like to let it be known that the parents being ill thing was not disclosed at the time of my comments. <_<

Oh they weren't always ill. I've been aware I got fucked for around 10 years now...but I couldn't man up and leave because they were getting sick and shit and they used that to their advantage to keep me around. It's all a big mindfuck. Almost every parent wants to keep their children at home and forever have their "little boy" but some let go easier than others. Some don't let go at all...that would be my parents lol