Welcome To The Jungle played at Disney World

Ok, so, this can be filed under not much else to talk about with GnR, but, I'm in Orlando and last night I was at the Magic Kingdom. We went on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, when we exited the ride into the gift shop, Welcome To The Jungle was blaring over the store speakers.

I just found that amusing as hell.

The world's most dangerous band is now a Disney gift shop soundtrack.

I guess you hear a thing enough times and it becomes meaningless but what remains is the general tone and thats such a broad thing that you can apply it to a number of different places and to those who know it's origins it's kinda weird and contrary but to the uninitiated it just sounds hype.

I heard Please Please Let Me Get What I Want by The Smiths advertising Christmas at Marks & Spencers...and the fuckin' songs about despair! :lol: Or when Children in Need took up Perfect Day by Lou Reed. The fuckin' teachers in my school did some kinda charity dance in assembly and they was doing Perfect Day...and these cunts used to have a go at me for smoking fags round the back of the bike shed :lol:

Perhaps we fans make a little too much of the identities of such bands...whatever else GnR were they were signed to a major record label and pretty well sponsored if I'm not mistaken? Point being, commerce cannot be an anathema to you if you plan to be the biggest band in the world in the way GnR did or Oasis did or whatever.

It wasn't the commerce factor that amused me, really. It was more so standing in a Disney Pirates gift shop having flashbacks to the chaos of my first Guns gig in '91, recalling stories and images of days gone by. It was just weird hearing Jungle at a Disney park while images of bloated Duff or Slash half dead with needles sticking out of his arm or angry Axl screaming for half the world to get in the ring or Izzy dancing with Mr. Brownstone came to mind.

It all felt diluted.

I just found this landing point for that song amusing.

It wasn't the commerce factor that amused me, really. It was more so standing in a Disney Pirates gift shop having flashbacks to the chaos of my first Guns gig in '91, recalling stories and images of days gone by. It was just weird hearing Jungle at a Disney park while images of bloated Duff or Slash half dead with needles sticking out of his arm or angry Axl screaming for half the world to get in the ring or Izzy dancing with Mr. Brownstone came to mind.

It all felt diluted.

I just found this landing point for that song amusing.

There's something wonderfully peverse about it too at the same time, honestly, i hear that song and i think of like...prostitutes...horrible urban shitholes, deviancy...and then Disneyland :lol: I almost wanna see it for myself now!

Disney have done a lot of weird shit, I remember some nazi propaganda, anti-tank rifle videos, the dark as hell parts of Sleeping Beauty and Fantasia, tripping out segments of innumerable toons... I remember watching Dumbo none too sober and it scared the crap out of me lol. Those parks are insane but they're way too artificially jolly, even as a kid, I've visited at 7 and at 15 and I still felt both halves of the colour and the creepyness... disney are a two headed beast alright. I sometimes have nightmares of It's A Small World.

You wouldn't have thought disney would be paying for Universal music.

Disney practically owns the world now with Marvel and Star Wars, I'm sure they feel charitable throwing out breadcrumbs for the peasant corporations.

Yeah, last October when my family and I went to Disney we heard WTTJ too, but the song was cut short.

I was surprised they played any of the song at all, being it was Disney. Always great to hear GNR.

We heard it when we got off the Alladdin ride, which was near the Pirates ride and the Jungle Cruise.

I spend three weeks at Disney every year over the Holidays including Christmas and New Years. I have heard WTTJ being played at Animal Kingdom & YCBM played at Hollywood Studios just last year. I may have a small sampling of video with the music in the background. I am an avid video recorder while at the parks, capturing the same footage year after year and doing nothing with it......