Is Advil a legitimate pain reliever?

arnold layne

• 2 weeks later...

Ibuprofen actually works very well. I hate to say it though, because then it supports those who believe in more conservative prescribing practices.

I hate it when someone with legitimate pain is given ibuprofen instead of a stronger narcotic painkiller. In Europe for example, opiate based painkillers aren't really prescribed, and that is barbaric.

Nothing used to work for my migraines. When they came on I would be in bed, nauseated and holding my head praying for death.

Pharmacist once told me that at the first hint of migraine (I feel it behind my left eye) take three extra strength ibuprofen, two codiene and one Gravol. It works!

Wait so let met get this straight, people actually take medicine to get rid of an headache? why would you want to do that?...sure your head may pound a little for a day or so suck it up for fucks sake.

Because some of us have work to get done, and our output kind of sucks with a pounding head. So if the problem can be solved with 20 cents worth of medication, we tend to go that way. Also, if I'm in pain and know that such a simple solution will take me out of pain, I'll do it. I guess I'm just not a badass like you, who likes to sit in pain for the sake of sitting in pain.