If someone pulled the 2003 Kimmel prank on Axl today...

For those of you who remember, in 2003 Slash guested on Kimmel and they announced a "surprise guest" for Slash and and said "Ladies and gentleman AXL ROSE" and a some guy dressed like Axl came out and hugged Slash. If Axl was on a talk show and someone pulled that with a Slash imposter, how do you think Axl would react?

I don't think he'd hit anyone. He'd probably be very displeased with the stunt though, and would most likely get up and leave. Maybe come back about ten minutes later. But I don't think we ever have to worry about any surprise pranks like that, I'm sure his management team and entourage ensure stuff like that never happens.

• Like 1

For those of you who remember, in 2003 Slash guested on Kimmel and they announced a "surprise guest" for Slash and and said "Ladies and gentleman AXL ROSE" and a some guy dressed like Axl came out and hugged Slash.

This isn't what happened - Kimmel told Slash (who was guest-hosting the show for a week) that Axl was backstage. Slash said "I don't believe you" and then went backstage to investigate while cameras followed him. There was a cardboard cut-out of Axl in the green room.

For those of you who remember, in 2003 Slash guested on Kimmel and they announced a "surprise guest" for Slash and and said "Ladies and gentleman AXL ROSE" and a some guy dressed like Axl came out and hugged Slash.

This isn't what happened - Kimmel told Slash (who was guest-hosting the show for a week) that Axl was backstage. Slash said "I don't believe you" and then went backstage to investigate while cameras followed him. There was a cardboard cut-out of Axl in the green room.

Incorrect. http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/2436-a-surprise-for-slash-on-kimmel-axl/

Madison details the entire thing in post #10.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

Man...imagine a 2003 reunion. Rock Am Ring with Fortus Slash and Bumble.

Ugh. Slash yes, Fortus and Bumble? I'll take Gilby over them.

Biggest Gilby fan here, I was just thinking if Slash was the only one who rejoined the band.
  • Like 1

Surrounding yourself with yes men and midgets makes insecure men feel better. If that doesn't work, beat your wife/girlfriend. If that still doesn't work, declare a list of enemies and cut ties with anyone that speaks or thinks their name. If all of that fails, go to Vegas.

Where did you get midgets from? And last time I checked, Axl still has ties with Duff, who is on speaking terms (and I believe still business partners with VR) with Slash.

Think you're being a tad simplistic here.

It was a joke regarding the picture. Not to be taken that seriously. But it's not like Axl doesn't have a tendency to banish anyone that is involved with anything Slash. Ashba, ironically, being the only exception I can think of at the moment.

Fortus? Dead Daisies did a record with Slash, he's not incommunicado yet as far as we know.

I must have imagined the backlash of Axl's friends associating with Slash then. I could have sworn it was a thing.

Who knows, it might be. I recall Baz saying he'd feel apprehensive about singing for VR considering his friendship with Axl. But then again, it could be something that others make out to be bigger than it really is.

I have no doubt that Axl wants as little to do with Slash as possible. But I'm not sure if Axl stops returning his friends phone calls because they happen to be friendly or work with Slash. Again, all speculation on my part.

I think it was Kid Rock who maybe first mentioned it. He seemed to think he was cut off because he did a show or something with Slash but no one actually told him this as far as I remember, he just assumed it was the reason because of the timing. Something along those lines anyway.

I think it probably is an actual thing but the rules (to an outsider) seem a little arbitrary.

Wouldn't happen. Axl's appearance would be preceded by litigation wordier than, War and Peace. Del James and the Brazilians would ensure the production team's signatures on this massive document, containing in it, section 371 - just under the 'no jokes about putting on weight' section, and just above the, ''no mentioned of studios, recording or cd2, section'' - the following proviso: 'no Slash related images or jokes pertaining to Saul Hudson, or any reference to said guitarist ever in fact under pain of a fifteen year lawsuit' (which Axl would probably lose anyway, but is legal incompetence has never stopped him suing everybody in the past!)..

Incorrect. http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/2436-a-surprise-for-slash-on-kimmel-axl/

Madison details the entire thing in post #10.

I watched it live you retard

Madison lied

Edited by TheSeeker