Duff open to GNR recording?

I think Duff will love to help Axl out in the studio with a couple of tunes. His answer doesn't seem negative at all to me. He probably just didn't want to say "fuck yeah, I would love to do it!" cause he didn't want to put Axl on the spot. It's like...the ball is in Axl's court but my guess is Duff will not say no if Axl asked him to do it.

I also believe Axl wants to use Duff musically in some way. There is a chance here for a collaboration imo.

I'd love to hear duff on a future GNR album, maybe he's the one to kick Axl's ass back into a studio. I like Stinson, but if duff came back of love it !

This will be controversial but if rather hear duff on a gnr future release than slash

Not conterversial. Everyone is entirled to their opinions and preferences.

I just don't think having Duff in this lineup would really change the sound or appearance of the band at all. It would be a step in the right direction but still wouldn't interest me a whole lot.

I'd love to hear duff on a future GNR album, maybe he's the one to kick Axl's ass back into a studio. I like Stinson, but if duff came back of love it !

This will be controversial but if rather hear duff on a gnr future release than slash

Not conterversial. Everyone is entirled to their opinions and preferences.

I just don't think having Duff in this lineup would really change the sound or appearance of the band at all. It would be a step in the right direction but still wouldn't interest me a whole lot.

Duff was a part of the classic Gn'R sound, and it "changed" the sound plenty in old Guns. And he wasn't just a bass player that comes up with his basslines and that's it.

He knows what a Gn'R song requires. Also when it comes to song structure and arrangment, Duff can help a lot imo. He can probably make it sound more Gn'R, or at the very least come up with cool shit, badass basslines, and take songs that are already written to a new level of quality.

Edited by Rovim

Duff was a part of the classic Gn'R sound, and it "changed" the sound plenty in old Guns. And he wasn't just a bass player that comes up with his basslines and that's it.

He knows what a Gn'R song requires. Also when it comes to song structure and arrangment, Duff can help a lot imo. He can probably make it sound more Gn'R, or at the very least come up with cool shit, badass basslines, and take songs that are already written to a new level of quality.

25gas03.jpg

The recipe that made GNR is the 5 guys, not some mythical place on the knobs that will make it GNR.

25gas03.jpg

The recipe that made GNR is the 5 guys, not some mythical place on the knobs that will make it GNR.

Like I've said, make it more Gn'R, cause Duff is one of those 5 guys that were responsible for the sound. It's just one element of the recipe, but his style comes with it's own character.

Edited by Rovim

Duff will be a paid employee. He will not have the same power status as he did in the old band.

That doesn't mean he won't be able to potentially contribute if he's willing to work under Axl's conditions and my guess is he'll agree to at least give it a shot if Axl will offer him the chance to do so.

Get Axl and Izzy together writing songs and then add Duff and Slash to the mix and just make sure to call Steven and there you have it!

and izzy and bumblefoot (for the new Chinese material which slash is completely incapable of playing lead on)...

Oh! The Chinese material... Those guitars are too fast (and too good!) for Slash...

You know what?

It's a real shame that this guy "Slash" was on Guns n' Roses when they did all those songs like Nightrain and Rocket Queen and Mr. Browsntone and Sweet Child o' Mine...

What a waste!

I can only imagine... If Bumblefoot was there instead...

Those songs would be so different!

AND they would have REAL solos!

Solos that Slash is TOTALLY incapable of playing on!

Solos with at least 18 notes per second!

Now that's a solo!

• Like 1

Everybody knows that all the ex-gunners would like to return ... although some of them pretend they just want to look cool saying they want to return.

What does that mean?

Who are you referring to?

Gunner's post doesn't even make sense. Ignore him.

• Like 1

Duff will be a paid employee. He will not have the same power status as he did in the old band.

That doesn't mean he won't be able to potentially contribute if he's willing to work under Axl's conditions and my guess is he'll agree to at least give it a shot if Axl will offer him the chance to do so.

That, in bold, is the caveat haha.

On one hand it really surprises me that Axl mended fences with Duff - the one who has been siding with Slash like no other person in the whole circle confirming each and every one of those accusations that Axl supposedly hates Slash for - and that of all people Axl is ready to work with HIM :o On the other hand, though, maybe there is a method to this madness. To have Duff back would be like having Duff's signature under the idea that this "something" is indeed GNR and if Axl could additionally get Izzy to cooperate (Steven is obviously out of the question) that would only leave Slash out. So, all of a sudden the situation with one Axl in nu fake GNR and the rest of the original members out and siding with Slash would change into a situation of Axl with all the original members at his side except for Slash. That sure would be a huge blow to Slash publicity-wise and regardless of whether it would make any sense business - wise it may seem very tempting to Axl :hahafyou:

I'm not sure if he's that obsessed as to get to such an idea but then again nothing about him would surprise me anymore especially if it has any relation to the monstrous war that he is leading in his mind against Slash.

Sure enough, Duff should think it all over carefully before he rejoins Axl, imo...

• Like 1

That, in bold, is the caveat haha.

You saw how much fun he had performing with Axl live. Even the Chinese material. I don't think It's far fetched to think he'll agree to do it even if he knows it probably won't be as organic as Walking Papers or Loaded. They still share something special and it's obvious from watching them perform together, even after all these years apart.

There is something to gain here for both of them imo.

BUT.... Is Axl open to record with Guns N Roses. That's the real question.

I think Axl would record with duff , were all getting carried away with this, all he's said is 'he'd consider it'

No. I don't care if duff is recording with GNR or not. Im pointing out if AXL is willing to record with GNR.

BUT.... Is Axl open to record with Guns N Roses. That's the real question.

I think Axl would record with duff , were all getting carried away with this, all he's said is 'he'd consider it'

No. I don't care if duff is recording with GNR or not. Im pointing out if AXL is willing to record with GNR.

It's a fair question, but I think he recorded enough for now. What I mean is: I think the right move is to release CD ll first. It's done. Next move is to not wait 8 fuckin' years until the next release, but it's Axl we're talking about here.

I don't think Axl is interested in the organic way of writing anymore.

Edited by Rovim

Loaded is a regional opening band.

If he rejoined Axl in Guns n Roses, Duff's paydays and musical exposure would increase 100 fold.

It really is a no-brainer on his part.

Duff also seems like a workaholic, so he might inspire Axl to actually share the music with his fans.

As far as the reunionism people go........this would be a hell of a first step towards that eventually happening.

Loaded is a regional opening band.

If he rejoined Axl in Guns n Roses, Duff's paydays and musical exposure would increase 100 fold.

It really is a no-brainer on his part.

Duff also seems like a workaholic, so he might inspire Axl to actually share the music with his fans.

As far as the reunionism people go........this would be a hell of a first step towards that eventually happening.

It will never happen. Don't fool yourself. (just the way I see it)

And Axl will not leave Tommy hanging cause he's too loyal for that imo. Duff doesn't need to join new Guns. He can help out, and Tommy loves Duff from what I can tell. They get along. Just help out in the studio with a few tunes to see how it goes.

It's possible cause Axl has no problem using 2 drummers in one song and shit like that. I can see him using Duff for a few songs where he feels his contributions surpass anything Tommy can bring to a specific song. Know what I mean?