Trick or Treat? Happy Halloween!

Ace Nova

I hate Halloween passionately. I wish this crap "holiday" never reached Sweden, but unfortunately it's growing here. Today my door rang three times and when I looked out there were kids dressed up. I didn't open.

"Don't go to old man Jon's house, he hates everything not Swedish, and that includes Halloween. Why I heard he takes kids' souls he does."

i really cant see how anyone can have some deep seeded dislike/hate for halloween. its a day of the year where everyone can have fun and have a good time. yet people seem to have some kind of disdain for that. people wonder why it seems everywhere you go you find nothing but miserable cocksuckers.

To be fair, some people (me) really hate kids so I can understand not wanting a bunch if them pounding on your door.

Like half of them don't even say trick or treat, or say thank you. The fuck, kids? Put forth some effort.

#genYsucks, #conquortheworld, #Imakeclothes

To be fair, some people (me) really hate kids so I can understand not wanting a bunch if them pounding on your door.

Like half of them don't even say trick or treat, or say thank you. The fuck, kids? Put forth some effort.

yeah understand about kids but to have outright hatred some have just for the day is just kind of over the top IMO.

yeah understand about kids but to have outright hatred some have just for the day is just kind of over the top IMO.
To b fair, SS hates almost everything. Not shitting on the guy, he'd probably agree with me.

i really cant see how anyone can have some deep seeded dislike/hate for halloween. its a day of the year where everyone can have fun and have a good time. yet people seem to have some kind of disdain for that. people wonder why it seems everywhere you go you find nothing but miserable cocksuckers.

We hate it because it's a tradition that's only adopted by cheap arses here that wanna scab lollies, no one else. I mean given the paltry amount of the begging bastards that come to your door, you'll find at least a quarter aren't even dressed up and are merely trying to scratch up some sweets. Fuck orf.
  • Like 1

Yeah. It's just an American tradition and Americans know how to do it. I imagine being a septic at Halloween would feel like magic but in Australia when no one's doing their houses up, no one dresses up properly and it's fuckin Daylight savings outside when the scabs are running around, it's all rather bereft of atmosphere.

Yeah. It's just an American tradition and Americans know how to do it. I imagine being a septic at Halloween would feel like magic but in Australia when no one's doing their houses up, no one dresses up properly and it's fuckin Daylight savings outside when the scabs are running around, it's all rather bereft of atmosphere.

yeah i could see that, but like you said in the states it is much different. houses are done up everywhere, jack o lanterns are everywhere, and all the kids i saw yesterday were all dressed up and it never seems to amaze me the outfits some of these kids come up with every year. i had a whole family of ninja turtles come to my house which i thought was cool.

in the US anyway if you dont want to participate the standard signal is just shutting off your porch light, but its just weird for some people that i have seen and read how they act like it is some plague and they have to bar the doors and windows before they catch it :lol:

Edited by bran

Yeah I love Halloween if done properly but most of the kids that come to my door don't even say Trick Or Treat...they just fucking stand there.

I noticed that too, hey didn't say anything. I'd open the door and they'd stare at me so I'd be like,

"Hiiiiiiii"

(Staring continues)

OK, here ya go

(Don't say thank you, walk away)

"Happy Halloween...ungrateful little fuckers..."

• Like 1

I still decorate for Halloween and give out candy.

Not too many kids last night. I had tons of candy left.

Trick or Treating is not a big thing here in Dallas. Not many kids going around now. Not too many houses decorated at all. Most parents drive around and see which house is decorated and that has their porch light on. I waited until 10:00 and then closed up.

I had so much fun as a kid and my kids did too. There are over 50 Haunted Houses in the Dallas area, yet Trick or Treating is a dying art. It's sad.

I had a kid come to my house last night dressed as "Twisty" the clown from American Horror Story. He was surprised that I knew who he was? That was the coolest costume I saw all night.

Edited by Val22

Yeah I love Halloween if done properly but most of the kids that come to my door don't even say Trick Or Treat...they just fucking stand there.

I noticed that too, hey didn't say anything. I'd open the door and they'd stare at me so I'd be like,

"Hiiiiiiii"

(Staring continues)

OK, here ya go

Same here. I much more prefer the Christmas tradition of "julebukk" (I have no idea what the English word might be) where kids dress up as Santa and at least have to sing a carol or two before getting any candy.

Halloween, bah humbug.

As much humbug as theism, but at least Halloween is entirely innocent and brings nothing but fun to kids.

"Hiiiiiiii"

(Staring continues)

OK, here ya go

Same here. I much more prefer the Christmas tradition of "julebukk" (I have no idea what the English word might be) where kids dress up as Santa and at least have to sing a carol or two before getting any candy.

Halloween, bah humbug.

As much humbug as theism, but at least Halloween is entirely innocent and brings nothing but fun to kids.

Haha. Soul Monster, proving that nothing you can say cannot be retorted with, atheistic propaganda.

• Like 1