reunion

snoman

Marc, in your honest opinion , do you think Axl and Slash will ever mend fences and reunite the old band? (steven?) Speaking of Steven have you talked with him recently, how is he doing? I hope hes doing great. Thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions? Hope you have a great day.

I don't see it happening anytime soon but maybe someday if they both get some counseling and figure out what really happen between them instead of them blaming each other for what they think went wrong. Then there would be a strong chance that they would be able to work with each other in some way or another. If that were to happen, then I think Steven would be involved but not the only drummer involved.

I'v said before that there is room for both bands old and new to tour together. The new band play for an hour and then a break and then the old band plays for 1 1/2 hours.

• Like 1

I'v said before that there is room for both bands old and new to tour together. The new band play for an hour and then a break and then the old band plays for 1 1/2 hours.

I don't see that working since if the old band were to reunite, the majority of the concert goers will only buy tickets for them. The new band will be flooded by boos and negative feedback from the crowd who is waiting for the old band to hit the stage. Undeservingly imo, but that is just how it is.

In addition, the new band hasn't recorded anything themselves, so what would they be playing? Even if they played all of CD, which isn't their album to begin with, that's only 14 songs.

14 songs that total 70+ minutes of music. Add in an extended solo or two, a cover, a rant, band introductions, and you've got a good 1.5 hour performance to go with the 1.5 hour performance suggested by Marc for the old band.

Yeah I don´t see a set of nuGN´R as some kind of opening band. But one or 2 of them may join as guest for a song or solo. Besides most of them have other bands/projects. So they are busy with other things other than touring South America with Axl.

Marc,

In your opinion how much is money a factor in preventing a reunion from happening? Is it mostly about old grudges, egos, and miscommunication or do you think money/control also plays a role into why the classic lineup won't see a stage any time soon?

Marc,

In your opinion how much is money a factor in preventing a reunion from happening? Is it mostly about old grudges, egos, and miscommunication or do you think money/control also plays a role into why the classic lineup won't see a stage any time soon?

I don't think money has any factor really in it. None of them want to play together, despite how much money is on the table. And thats fair. Why do a worldwide tour with people you hate? You can have all the money in the world and that won't make Axl want to tour with a prick like Slash (in his mind). Sure, they'd all want money, but the money is there and has been for a while, so I don't think thats a factor into why they haven't reunited. I don't think there's any amount of money that will stop them hating each other. At this point its more, if Slash doesn't like Axl, why would he waste time touring with him. It wouldn't be fun.

And I think the rest of the band, or at least Slash, would want the band to be an equal partnership for a reunion tour. If thats what you mean by "control". Axl wouldn't just be allowed to control everything and it would be like the old days where its a band and they are all leading.

And sorry, but I wouldn't have any interest seeing that. If the band that made the music is there (except CD) then there's no reason for the new band. And I'm not trying to sound like a reunionist or whatever, but they would seem superfluous. Its similar to how Mick Taylor is currently touring with the Stones but only comes out for 2 songs. The fact that he's sitting backstage and doesn't come out when half of their set were albums he participated on and was a key part of is ridiculous. Original members, if they are at the shows, should be on the material they originally wrote, has always been my case. If you want to give the new band 30 minutes to play just Chinese material, I guess thats fine, but it would be like a sad opening act that no one would care about. GNR never made enough other music for it to be any other band than it was in 87-93. Thats it. Its not like Journey or Metallica or any other number of bands where former members can play together. It makes no sense in GNR's context.

Edited by gunsfanoldie
  • Like 1

I guess if you had nuGNR as the opener, you wouldn't need to worry about pacing the setlist with classic GNR songs as they'd be in the main show, andpeople who don't want to see them would turn up later.

Could have a setlist like:

CD

Shackler's

New Song

Better

New Song

Catcher

TWAT

Prostitute

Then an AFD/UYI setlist

WTTJ
ISE

Mr. Brownstone

Don't Cry

SCOM

OTGM

November Rain

YCBM

Civil War

KOHD

Rocket Queen

Estranged

Nightrain

And then PC with everyone.

Marc, thank you very much for all your time and patience you took to answer things through the years, some numerously over and over again.

I don't want to question your friendship with Slash/Axl/Duff.., but most of us here have different perception regarding the line up.

We, DIE HARD fans from back in trhe day want to see GUNS N ROSES!

I don't have any desire to see a stand up comedy band playing with my band on the same stage.

If they want to open up - fine, but that IS a stand up comedy cover band I will not payor care to see.. I have no desire to see guys with painted faces, KFC buckets on their faces, drag queens playing guitars or any of that crap!

GUNS N ROSES is Slash/Duff/Matt/Gilby/Izzy/Axl and maybe Adler. Any of those line ups - yes, evrything else NO.

I want to see rock band looking like rock band playing rock songs, not some generic shit a la Chinese Shit Democracy.

Marc, thank you very much for all your time and patience you took to answer things through the years, some numerously over and over again.

I don't want to question your friendship with Slash/Axl/Duff.., but most of us here have different perception regarding the line up.

I don't have any desire to see a stand up comedy band playing with my band on the same stage.

If they want to open up - fine, but that IS a stand up comedy cover band I will not payor care to see.. I have no desire to see guys with painted faces, KFC buckets on their faces, drag queens playing guitars or any of that crap!

GUNS N ROSES is Slash/Duff/Matt/Gilby/Izzy/Axl and maybe Adler. Any of those line ups - yes, evrything else NO.

I want to see rock band looking like rock band playing rock songs, not some generic shit a la Chinese Shit Democracy.

this!

Thats not a problem, then you should come 1 hour into the set and then you can see what you want. Believe it or not there are some people that would leave after the fist hour.

• Like 1

What I would be concerned with,is how Axl would handle everyone screaming more for the old band. And not as much applaud/cheering for the new. Just how exactly would that set him off? Would he say fuck it and walk off?

Some seem to think that Axl isn't so into the current band anymore. And they also think that he has realized deep down,who or what GNR should be. But he's so damn stubborn to concede.

That's why I asked,how would he react?Cause in the end,Axl may not even be there.

Edited by SweetRose

Marc, thank you very much for all your time and patience you took to answer things through the years, some numerously over and over again. I don't want to question your friendship with Slash/Axl/Duff.., but most of us here have different perception regarding the line up. We, DIE HARD fans from back in trhe day want to see GUNS N ROSES! I don't have any desire to see a stand up comedy band playing with my band on the same stage. If they want to open up - fine, but that IS a stand up comedy cover band I will not payor care to see.. I have no desire to see guys with painted faces, KFC buckets on their faces, drag queens playing guitars or any of that crap! GUNS N ROSES is Slash/Duff/Matt/Gilby/Izzy/Axl and maybe Adler. Any of those line ups - yes, evrything else NO. I want to see rock band looking like rock band playing rock songs, not some generic shit a la Chinese Shit Democracy.

Thats not a problem, then you should come 1 hour into the set and then you can see what you want. Believe it or not there are some people that would leave after the fist hour.
Hey Marc,

as you put it, belive it or NOT. I find it hard to belive, but hey, those people should not come to Guns N Roses show then, as the people they come to see is not Guns N Roses.

I honestly hope they would not come to the same show I would, cause they would be in huge minority and it would spare them the leaving part ;)

as far as the part coming an hour later is considered....I would feel deprived of my money. If I pay the money for my band - I want to see entire concert I paid for. That would mean an UYI tour length show.

I never pay money to see opening band and don't usually care who it is, but I want to see the band I worship in full length.

but to put joke aside...I do belive you mean their closer family members ;)

Edited by shotsfired cro

You might feel different if the new band puts out a record. All I'm saying is Axl would not just dump his curant band to do a reunion. So the only way I see it is if both bands were involved somehow and having the new band play first is not a bad idea

It is going to be embarrassing for Axl when that empty arena begins to fill up at the half time stage.

I think people would be happy to see it all. For the people that don't like the new guys playing the old songs, they will be happy to see the first band play CD and the second band old stuff. How would that be a problem for anyone? The place would be sold out and filled at show time.

Axl's ego is a delicate thing Marc. I could imagine everyone - as Dazey said - being at the bar until the new ones leave. Well, it might work in Brazil and South America but you have to remember that Axl is not that big in north america, yet, there will be all these extra people suddenly turning up for a 'reunion'. I bet he jumps from the theaters into the arenas - perhaps even the stadiums. So you have all these people wanting full blooded reunion, Slash basically, and then Ashba walks out and begins playing cd! It is rather a let down.

I just cannot see it working.

Edited by DieselDaisy