reunion

snoman

I think people would be happy to see it all. For the people that don't like the new guys playing the old songs, they will be happy to see the first band play CD and the second band old stuff. How would that be a problem for anyone? The place would be sold out and filled at show time.

With all due respect: Axl will NEVER allowed this.

Your idea is terrible (i'm sorry to say this, but this is just plain pointless if a reunion ever happened)

Believe it or not there are some people that would leave after the fist hour.

Yeah, but let's be honest here, the fact that 2-3 people leave the 25,000 people arena after the first hour doesn't make a huge difference.

With REAL Guns N' Roses on stage, the current band is nothing but a tiny little shadow no one cares about.

Believe it or not there are some people that would leave after the fist hour.

Yeah, but let's be honest here, the fact that 2-3 people leave the 25,000 people arena after the first hour doesn't make a huge difference.

With REAL Guns N' Roses on stage, the current band is nothing but a tiny little shadow no one cares about.

I guess it's possible someone would leave. But Beta doesn't really count.

At this point in time, the only thing that would really make sense, is to drop all CD stuff except This I Love, CD, and Better - the UYI lineup can definitely pull those off. Duff easily learned new the material filling in for Tommy, I'm sure it would be no issue for the old guys, as long as they agreed to do it.

If a reunion were to happen, I don't think anyone in the current lineup ( except Dizzy) expects to be invited. If I show up to see a reunited GNR, I don't want to waste my time watching the new GNR when I've already seen them twice... I want to see the old band.. that's all - I can pretty much guarantee that is the thought process for any pro-reunionists.

Edited by zepsun

If everyone quit new gnr and also Axl and slash made up, you could get what you want but Axl would not dump the new gnr to do an only old band tour. So if they made up and that's a big if. There would most likely be tour with both bands involved

Edited by recklessroad

If everyone quit new gnr and also Axl and slash made up, you could get what you want but Axl would not dump the new gnr to do an only old band tour. So if they made up and that's a big if. There would most likely be tour with both bands involved

The fatal flaw in that idea is that such a tour would no doubt be marketed as a "classic GNR" reunion. That's the ticket-seller. When the audience shows up and realizes they have to sit through an hour or DJ Ashba until Slash and Duff join the stage, things would get ugly.

I'd rather a new album from NuGNR. There is far too much bad blood and creative differences for the old group to do something together (let alone do something really well together). And if they can't record, then they'd do a show of just the hits. That's something I'd see once or twice but it would be the full-fledged nostalgia show we've all been fearing.