What if...Motley Crue became popular with Hipsters

Facekicker

Just something I have been kicking around in my head. Lets say Robin Finck decided to join Motley Crue.

How do you think Hipsters would describe Crue songs with Finck on guitar.

Kickstart My Heart - a positive affirmation of the inherent survival instincts of mankind.

Girls Girls Girls - an exploration of the dramatic fragility of human relationships.

Smoking In The Boys Room - a call for an end to homosexual oppression and a celebration of male on male fellatio.

• Like 1

Don't they already like bands like Crue and Leppard and even GNR in an "ironic" way? Namedropping Appetite deep cuts like Rocket Queen is already cool in hipster circles.

What hipster circles? :lol:

Was thinking of a couple of stereotypical hipsters I bumped into at a reading of Duff's book a year ago, with the big glasses and beards and high and tight haircuts and skinny jeans and everything. I assume there's more of them :P

Also, this Guardian article (The Guardian is for the more sophisticated hipster): http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2011/oct/15/guns-n-roses-use-your-illusion

Also, the bajillion hipsters with Appetite/Bullet logo tees.

Well since the Crue fans from the 80's are probably over 50 like the Crue members, what does it matter who likes them?

It seems most concerts I go to with bands from the 80's or 90's, it's all ages now.

Bands like Black Veil Brides have mostly younger kids, so I stay home. lol No, I've seen them live and they rock, but they usually have 3 or 4 horrible bands open for them, so I'll pass on them this year.

Anyway, since a lot of bands from the 80's still tour, when they come to Dallas, it's such a diverse crowd that see the concerts. I think it's cool.

Everyone enjoys music and if you liked a band from 20 or 30 years ago and they still tour, it's okay to still continue to see their concerts.

It is possible to love artsy obscure avant-garde music and corny hook driven pop at the same time, without mentioning the word "ironic". Goddamn. Digging Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Ratt, Whitesnake, Quiet Riot, or any big name hair metal band is totally cool. Seriously, why not? Anybody who actually hates on fun anthemic arena rock is just a dick, and probably has really boring insecure friends.

Sucks that what it means to be an individual seems to be totally lost for the most part, social cliques and sub cultures, if you can even call it that, seem to rule over most young people these days. The whole "hipster" thing might as well just be called "alternative mainstream"

• Like 2

People on this forum have the most fucked up ideas of what hipsters are, holy shit.

Shh, let them keep building fictional subcultures around Broski's opinions.

Edit: wait, Crüe actually have a song called Smoking in the Boys Room? :rofl-lol:

Yes, they covered the Brownsville Station song Smokin' In The Boy's Room on Theatre of Pain. They did an awesome video for it too

:wub:

:headbang:

Robin would have made it better.

LOL. Just....LOL

Oh ya. Cause Mick Mars is such a great fuckin' guitar player. :lol:

Yes, yes he is. He's one of the best and most criminally underrated guitarists of all time actually.

I am a big fat cupcake who is jealous of the success that the members of Mötley Crüe have had. Please ignore my cupcake ramblings.

:thumbsup:

Oh ya. Cause Mick Mars is such a great fuckin' guitar player. :lol:

He's a much "better" guitarist than Robin Finch.

I like Robin but in all honesty he is a pretty lousy guitarist- he does well in NIN but the gaping holes in his technical ability were on show for all to see during his stints with GNR.