At What Point Do You Give Up On This Band?

There's no real "giving up". I doubt I'll ever stop liking the songs I do. If new music doesn't come out, I'll still have the songs that exist.

It's just a passive thing for me mostly now, I'm not actively waiting for Round Two like I was 2008-2011.

That said, a potential album full of Ashba-penned songs... :no:

• Like 1

I think of GnR like I think of HBO series. Great when they are on. Not a clue when the next season will be available as no fixed timetable is followed, so I'll watch something else in the meantime. But I get all excited again when I finally see the previews for the next season.

• Like 3

When Axl gave up, in 2011.

No new album will ever be released, they tour 1 month a year, the "band members" all treat GNR as a side project, they rely totally on nostalgia now (Appetite for Destruction was used to name their last two tours)... As a money making act, sure, they still exist. As an artist Axl is completely done.

• Like 2

It's not exactly like a burden you're carrying, it's a band, either some shit'll come out, or it won't, what is there to give up on? Give up on 'following' them? Well unless you're going around picking up the fag butts outside Steven Adlers house...sorry, flat...sorry room in shared accommodation :lol: Or taking down Duffs license plate number, or compiling Izzy scrapbooks, or writing Axl fan fiction, what is there to give up on?

• Like 1

I hadn't seen a live show of theirs in YEARS before tuning into my TV to watch the Vegas show. It was then, with horror painted all over my face like someone who just saw their mom and dad fucking with strap ons, that I knew it was over.

I am old enough to vividly remember watching the Paris PPV shows back in 1992 and to see them go from that, the biggest, most dangerous and authentic band in the world to a bloated, contrived, background tracked VEGAS ACT?!?!

No, just no. I'm done. It's too painful to watch.

Edited by combos
  • Like 1

What magisme said. I can't really give up, but I sort of recede from getting worked up about anything. If they came to my hometown I'd probably see them, and I'll be right in there if anything else leaks.

More gently saddened than upset about nonsense like the Golden Gods, Dizzy being a stuck record about the stuck record, etc...you kinda get used to it and stop explicitly hoping for signs of life, or normal fecking band activity.

But following this band basically amounts to checking this forum once a day on my phone, which isn't particularly strenuous.