AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd charged with attempting to procure a murder in New Zealand

gunsguy

Jesus, I wouldn't have even recognized him. He looks like shit.

Chris Slade is too old (68), Bob Richards might be the new drummer.

Seriously, Chris Slade is fucking 68? That would mean he's the oldest member who's ever been in AC/DC (And would be tied with Bon if he was still alive). He looked fucking good for his age when he was in the band then :lol:

I'm not sure which surprises me most - Phil trying to get someone killed or Chris being 68 :lol:

I dunno. I kind of always preferred Chris. My introduction to AC/DC was the legendary Donington gig. When I saw them live on the Black Ice Tour, as brilliant as they were, Phil added nothing to the gig in terms of showmanship. He looked bored as fuck.

I tell you, I'd still take Brian, Angus, Cliff and Chris no problem.

I dunno. I kind of always preferred Chris. My introduction to AC/DC was the legendary Donington gig. When I saw them live on the Black Ice Tour, as brilliant as they were, Phil added nothing to the gig in terms of showmanship. He looked bored as fuck.

Fair enough- I have no issue with Simon or Chris either.

God damn, that Donnington gig is incredible.

• Like 1

Same here - Donungton was the first release I bought from AC/DC and it's still my favorite live release of their's.

Donnington was my first exposure to live AC/DC too. Blew my fuckin' mind and Chris rocks.

Fuck Rudd. He tried comitting murders and got addicted to meth and aledgedly took advantage of women or something. I know all this isn't confirmed but you don't get this reputation without fucking up in some way.

No Malcolm and no Phil, a replacement nephew who looks like someone's grandad....

I dunno. :book:

Lol, it does sound ridicolous (sp?) when ya put it like that. I'm sure the album will be typical (so it'll be fine) and the tour will be cool, but its a shame this is how they are going out

• Like 1

It's not like it's exactly hard to replace AC/DC's drummer anyway.

While it would seem that way, the two other drummers they had contributed to a very different sound, especially live. Phil is by far my favorite.

I agree that Phil is my favorite, but Simon and Chris were fine replacements as well.

Simon might be the better choice to get back. Has he done...anything since Dio died?

he is the drummer for geoff tates queensryche(operation: mindcrime), and he is in a band called hellion with former dio keyboardist scott warren, they just released an EP this year.

Edited by bran

News just announced that charges have been dropped, police file says insufficient evidence but still facing charges of threats to kill.

So threats to kill in NZ seems to carry a sentence of 7yrs, trying to hire a hitman carries 10yrs.

i just dont get how you drop the chargers on a crime like this. usually before you bring these charges up you have the guy on video and audio setting up the contract.

• Like 1

News just announced that charges have been dropped, police file says insufficient evidence but still facing charges of threats to kill.

So threats to kill in NZ seems to carry a sentence of 7yrs, trying to hire a hitman carries 10yrs.

i just dont get how you drop the chargers on a crime like this. usually before you bring these charges up you have the guy on video and audio setting up the contract.
probably because it was all fabricated by a p-head

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11354948

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlv6XDw29w8

Now we know where he got the name for his solo album :lol:

No Malcolm and no Phil, a replacement nephew who looks like someone's grandad....

I dunno. :book:

On the one hand, I feel the same, but on the other, there is still Angus and Brian, and they have always been the show. The others are always firmly in the background, although I did enjoy seeing tiny ugly Malcolm walk Igor-like up to the microphone for his backup vocals, with that little snarl look on his face. Added to the AC/DC image for sure. But AC/DC puts on pretty much the best show in hard rock, so even with two replacements, I'm sure the show will be killer. I definitely prefer Phil as a drummer, but I'm fine with a replacement, especially if Phil's life is as much of a mess as it allegedly is. Stevie's been in the band before, so I'm sure he'll handle it just fine. Last time he was in the band, though, he was pretty young and looked a lot like Malcolm. This time, he's much older (I've not seen any pics of him between the 1980s and now), so he looks a little out of place and it was a slight shock to see him. I don't even know what this drum tech that may or may not be the new drummer looks like. But it will be okay.

I was just thinking, too, that in some sense this is like very very early AC/DC. Dave Evans (technically the original singer that nobody gives a shit about), I've always heard, failed to show up or at least failed to show up on time to a gig, and Bon Scott had been a roadie/tech for the band, and he said, "I could sing tonight if you want," and so they said fine. He did great, and then he was in the band until his death in 1980. In AC/DC, if you fail to show up for a band function, they will replace you with your roadie, then keep the roadie in the band.

This is just so strange that all this crazy stuff is happening in AC/DC, though. They have always seemingly been such a no-drama band.

• Like 2

As much as these issues are real and really do suck, when you step back from it and take the human side out of it, somehow all this news of AC/DC, with Malcolm retiring with dementia and Phil being kicked out with procuring a murder charges, it's really kind of funny and only makes AC/DC seem that much more awesome. They've always kind of been the real-life Spinal Tap I feel, and this only adds to their legend. I'm actually even more excited to see them now.