Steel Panther

Val22

Okay, last night we saw Judas Priest and the opening band was Steel Panther.

I know these guys have been out awhile and I heard their music was a bit explicit, but honestly, I thought they were so damn funny.

I've never really seen them or heard any of their songs before seeing them last night.

Their song titles are just crazy funny and the lyrics well I'm sure some of you have heard them if not, check them out.

Honestly, the singer can sing as well as any famous 80's bands and the band itself are talented musicians.

There was about 10 minutes where they did a little stand up comedy act, which I thought was funny.

The first song was called "Pussy whipped", so you can imagine how it went after that.

I just thought it was funny and campy and just fun!

My son-in-law went outside during Judas Priest and met Vinnie Paul of Pantera/Hell Yeah. He was a guest of Steel Panther. I'm sure they all partied at the Club House after the show.

Anyway, I really enjoyed their performance. So out of the box, they were so good.

Judas Priest rocked it of course. Halford can still hit those high notes like it was 1977 all over again. The band was amazing and performing the new songs from Redeemer of Souls were great! The place was packed and a good time was had by all.

Judas Priest rocked it of course. Halford can still hit those high notes like it was 1977 all over again. The band was amazing and performing the new songs from Redeemer of Souls were great! The place was packed and a good time was had by all.

lol nope

On topic though, I dig Steel Panther. I literally don't know anyone else that does. I was gonna go to the Priest show just for them since the tour opened here, but I didn't really feel like paying Priest prices just to see Steel Panther.

I saw them in Simpsonville. I didn't give a shit about Judas whoever. Steel Panther is awesome. I will be seeing them headline again in December at the Fillmore.

I only know 2 other people IRL who dig Steel Panther though.

EDIT: Well I'll be seeing them a few weeks later, always nice catching a SP headlining show.

Edited by OmarBradley

I love Steel Panther... Saw them the first time they toured here in the UK and I've just got tickets to see them again in March. Reckon it'll be the 6th or 7th time I've seen them.

They're a fun band with talented musicians, have a couple of beers and take it for what it is!

I've seen them a couple of times. it was fun. they're ok. I have a hard time taking them seriously. apparently they're doing a headline tour in the US coming up and taking one of my favorite bands (Like a Storm) with them for select dates. if any of those dates were in the northeast then I would've been there for LAS.

Everything about Steel Panther is terrible.

douchey fratboy walking around the dorms with his acoustic guitar singing their songs freshman year of college ruined whatever small amount of humor may have otherwise appealed to me in their music.

edit: yeah, i forgot how much i actually hated these guys:

even if they're parodying '80s rock bands, nobody talked like that. calling the girls sluts, whores, bitches, making unfunny jokes about "sucking jeremy piven's cock just to taste all the pussy he's fucked." it's just infantile and obnoxious.

At least to me, they weren't a boring opening band.

I liked their stand up skit they all took turns talking except for "Sticks" the drummer.

Otherwise I enjoyed the show. I doubt I'll buy their cds, can't imagine me singing "Pussywhipped" loudly in my car, lol, but they were good for a laugh and the music was pretty cool.

At least to me, they weren't a boring opening band.

I liked their stand up skit they all took turns talking except for "Sticks" the drummer.

Otherwise I enjoyed the show. I doubt I'll buy their cds, can't imagine me singing "Pussywhipped" loudly in my car, lol, but they were good for a laugh and the music was pretty cool.

Stix Zadinia, not "Sticks" the drummer.

• 2 months later...

I read on their facebook page they are playing the Jimmy Kimmell show on Wednesday and they are asking their fans what song they should sing?

I was going through their cds and thought, unless they censor their songs, I don't know what the hell they can sing? lol

I love these guys. They are in your face rock and roll and I agree they are super talented too.

I see some interviews with Michael and Lexi and just laugh because they are so serious about what they're saying, but you just know it's all fun! I'm so glad Judas Priest took them on the road and if/when they come back to Dallas, I know my kids and I will definitely be there!

Oh yeah, this band is a must see for any rock lover

Keep in mind these guys have very explicit songs. All are about sex in everyway you can imagine and then some.

But the singer Michael can sing like any 80's singer you can think of and the band is very talented. I love their little banter inbetween songs.

It's like seeing a comedy act and a rock show all in one.

Check out their songs and videos on youtube.com If you've never seen them you're in for a treat! lol

Oh yeah, this band is a must see for any rock lover

Keep in mind these guys have very explicit songs. All are about sex in everyway you can imagine and then some.

But the singer Michael can sing like any 80's singer you can think of and the band is very talented. I love their little banter inbetween songs.

It's like seeing a comedy act and a rock show all in one.

Check out their songs and videos on youtube.com If you've never seen them you're in for a treat! lol

Why did you end that with a "lol"?

Apollo I ended with lol because I laugh outloud whenever I watch any Steel Panther video.

They're so over the top you have to laugh at them.

Have you ever watched their videos? Check them out on youtube.com

someone posted on facebook about the censors getting ready for tonight's show, but then he realized the Jimmy Kimmel show has already been recorded, so I'm sure they've already censored any explicit lyrics in any song Steel Panther sings.

I think it sucks. The show is shown late at night and if parents did their job and put their kids to bed at a decent hour, maybe the network could show it without censoring it, but then again, ABC is owned by Disney, so that would never happen.