Shit talking New Yorker learns a lesson

Facekicker

New York is getting a bit of a bad rap around here lately. New York is great in a lot of ways. It's just that there are thousands and thousands of every type of person you can imagine. That includes the good and the bad.

I love big cities in general.

Eventhough I now live like 20km away of my own, I am planning to go back as soon as live lets me. There is always so much to do, to learn and to see.

I needed to move out, cause I had too many kids to raise, the houses are just too small in my city, but I miss it every day. Ofcourse bad people are living there as well, but overall the city is just more fun and interesting. Guess for NY it's like that even more.

I've been to New York once. Manhattan for a week. Walked all over the city until well into the early hours. Only person that approached me on the street was a black dude who offered me whores and drugs. Told him I was doing good and declined the offer. He wanted to know where I was from because of my accent. Told him Ireland and he was all on for a chat :lol: I thought it was funny as fuck to be honest.

Felt safer walking around Manhattan on my own than my own city to be honest. My hometown was the murder capital of Europe at one point. It's a tiny place but has a violent reputation. You learn how to take care of yourself and not attract attention. But if you get into trouble its very much a "kill or get killed mentality." Only this week some girl got stabbed multiple times by another girl. She used a broken bottle. I've seen all kinds of shit here. Lots of shootings but the most common thing is street assaults - knives, bottles, bricks, iron bars etc.

There is a tense atmosphere here as a result whenever trouble kicks off. You don't know who you're dealing with so people tend to go for maximum impact instantly in a confrontation. Just bumping into someone in a bar can mean getting glassed in the face. The police presence is almost non-existent. If you think the cops are going to save your ass then you're a dead man.

New York seemed tame as fuck in comparison to be honest.

i would have no problem taking new york and making it like "escape from new york" land mine the bridges, build a huge wall and shoot everyone that tries to escape :P

Juliani and that Bloomberg asshole did a fantastic job getting the crime rate down. Bloomberg made it a bit too elitist but hopefully that changes. If we can kid the hipsters out of Williamsburg that be great.

Freakonomics claimed it was actually Roe v. Wade that cleaned up New York for the most part, not Giuliani.

I've been to New York once. Manhattan for a week. Walked all over the city until well into the early hours. Only person that approached me on the street was a black dude who offered me whores and drugs. Told him I was doing good and declined the offer. He wanted to know where I was from because of my accent. Told him Ireland and he was all on for a chat :lol: I thought it was funny as fuck to be honest.

Felt safer walking around Manhattan on my own than my own city to be honest. My hometown was the murder capital of Europe at one point. It's a tiny place but has a violent reputation. You learn how to take care of yourself and not attract attention. But if you get into trouble its very much a "kill or get killed mentality." Only this week some girl got stabbed multiple times by another girl. She used a broken bottle. I've seen all kinds of shit here. Lots of shootings but the most common thing is street assaults - knives, bottles, bricks, iron bars etc.

There is a tense atmosphere here as a result whenever trouble kicks off. You don't know who you're dealing with so people tend to go for maximum impact instantly in a confrontation. Just bumping into someone in a bar can mean getting glassed in the face. The police presence is almost non-existent. If you think the cops are going to save your ass then you're a dead man.

What the fuck, dude? :lol:

New York is getting a bit of a bad rap around here lately. New York is great in a lot of ways. It's just that there are thousands and thousands of every type of person you can imagine. That includes the good and the bad.

I love big cities in general.

Eventhough I now live like 20km away of my own, I am planning to go back as soon as live lets me. There is always so much to do, to learn and to see.

I needed to move out, cause I had too many kids to raise, the houses are just too small in my city, but I miss it every day. Ofcourse bad people are living there as well, but overall the city is just more fun and interesting. Guess for NY it's like that even more.

I need to get back to a city ASAP.
  • Like 1

What the fuck, dude? :lol:

My city is nicknamed Stab City. It's pretty much a guarantee that if you go out at night here you will end up in a brawl of some kind. You quickly learn to take care of yourself otherwise you get your head kicked in.

Oh yes, the great UK phenomenon of 'getting barred' :lol: People get so inventive with that shit too, i remember the popular thing used to be them collapsible police batons.

With NY, it's so bombast -- it depends on where you are.

Brooklyn is a hipster colony. The worst you'll get is drive-by passive aggression by a scrawny nerd wearing your grandad's suspenders, and $800 tasseled loafers. In Lower East Side, or Chelsea you're more likely to get questionably heterosexual men give you a fancy look, and ask how many holes are in your belt. In Harlem, you can chill like anywhere else -- or end up getting roughed by the fellas smelling of Bubba Kush, donning wife beaters and Timbs. They won't do much though. Harlem's changed.

Awesome! When I lived and worked in NYC, everyday there was always some big mouth "black" person talking shit and picking on people.

When it was winter, it was terrible because of the school age kids who were worse than adults.

So glad someone shut her the hell up! More people need to stand up to these trouble makers and put them in their place and teach them respect.

Man that smack was just fantastic! Hope he knocked a tooth out.

Okay, my question is, since 9/11 there are supposed to be cops riding the trains now, so where was the cops?

NYC trains are notorious for having trouble. My brother was mugged and almost killed back in 1974 for being white and riding the trains at night. Luckily, his friend got away and got to the conductor who stopped the train. Those monkeys were never caught, but I'm sure since they were trouble makers and muggers they are either dead or in jail anyway.

We are in the 21th century, yet some people still have hatred towards people of a different color and that includes blacks who hate whites.

Can i give you a tip for your own safety? This whole spiel, out there in the real world, try and keep it to yourself, someone will hurt you and it'll be most unfortunate.

• Like 4

Oh yes, the great UK phenomenon of 'getting barred' :lol: People get so inventive with that shit too, i remember the popular thing used to be them collapsible police batons.

I eh...totally...swear I haven't got one of those collapsible batons with that super comfy grip and a high powered taser. No sir, not me :lol:

i would have no problem taking new york and making it like "escape from new york" land mine the bridges, build a huge wall and shoot everyone that tries to escape :P

Juliani and that Bloomberg asshole did a fantastic job getting the crime rate down. Bloomberg made it a bit too elitist but hopefully that changes. If we can kid the hipsters out of Williamsburg that be great.

its just my experience in NYC might have made me slightly biased :lol: i mean everyone seems to have this fucking attitude where they are somehow superior just due to the fact they live in NYC, i asked a cop for directions he asked if i was fucking stupid and to get the fuck out of his face.

Londoners are like that also. ''Yeh, I live in fackin London mate. You fackin northerners couldn't survive 'ere''.

• Like 1

I eh...totally...swear I haven't got one of those collapsible batons with that super comfy grip and a high powered taser. No sir, not me :lol:

Spot on, the foam handles and you give em a shake and they come out 6 times longer with a steel ball point at the tip, lethal fuckers if you wrap one round someones head.

its just my experience in NYC might have made me slightly biased :lol: i mean everyone seems to have this fucking attitude where they are somehow superior just due to the fact they live in NYC, i asked a cop for directions he asked if i was fucking stupid and to get the fuck out of his face.

Londoners are like that also. ''Yeh, I live in fackin London mate. You fackin northerners couldn't survive 'ere''.

You could, very easily. I don't fancy some of the lads round here's chances in Liverpool though :lol:

• Like 1

Spot on, the foam handles and you give em a shake and they come out 6 times longer with a steel ball point at the tip, lethal fuckers if you wrap one round someones head.

You could, very easily. I don't fancy some of the lads round here's chances in Liverpool though :lol:

You know you live in dodge city when friends coming back from holidays in Spain bring you back butterfly knives and knuckledusters :lol:

yeah my experience was not good. within 15 minutes i had a drunk guy trying to kiss me and then guy tried to hug me, i went into a bathroom and there was a women in there taking a bath in the sink and there was a guy taking a shit with the stall open, completely naked. the cop situation i stated, all the people trying to have me "join a rock band" (at least 15 of those)

near the end of the day i went around a corner where a guy was getting off his motorcycle(a crotch rocket) he goes to take off his helmet, when 4 guys jump and were beating the shit out of this guy.

it might have been just an abnormal day but it made me never want to go back :lol:

Awesome! When I lived and worked in NYC, everyday there was always some big mouth "black" person talking shit and picking on people.

When it was winter, it was terrible because of the school age kids who were worse than adults.

So glad someone shut her the hell up! More people need to stand up to these trouble makers and put them in their place and teach them respect.

Okay, my question is, since 9/11 there are supposed to be cops riding the trains now, so where was the cops?

NYC trains are notorious for having trouble. My brother was mugged and almost killed back in 1974 for being white and riding the trains at night. Luckily, his friend got away and got to the conductor who stopped the train. Those monkeys were never caught, but I'm sure since they were trouble makers and muggers they are either dead or in jail anyway.

We are in the 21th century, yet some people still have hatred towards people of a different color and that includes blacks who hate whites.

wigs_zpse32aeb2k.gif

• Like 4

I've been to New York 4 times and I'm going for a fifth time next week. I have never once had a problem, never once felt unsafe and have never had anyone ever be rude to me. In fact it's quite the opposite. People are incredibly freindly. Then again I tend to believe that what you project is what you receive in return so......

I agree. It's about time someone stood up to those fried chicken eating gorillas.
  • Like 1