The USA vs. The U.K. - American Cheeseburger & Fries vs. Fish & Chips

Ace Nova

American Cheeseburger & Fries vs. Fish & Chips - Which Do You Prefer  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think British food is underrated, but the burger is the king of all foods. I flick through my copy of Hamburger America at least once a week, dreaming of visiting all these places.

The documentary is great, too:

That said, fish and chips drowned in salt and vinegar is delicious.

• Like 1

Why why why can't Southern Fried Chicken represent America?

Fish & Chips is fried fish in batter (with chips), Southern Fried Chicken is fried chicken in bread crumbs (that you can have fries with) :P

Edited by Snake-Pit

Why why why can't Southern Fried Chicken represent America?

Fish & Chips is fried fish in batter (with chips), Southern Fried Chicken is fried chicken in bread crumbs (that you can have fries with) :P

You don't know fried chicken. More often it's a buttermilk/egg bath and a dry batter (flour, seasoning).

The only time I would ever like the south to represent the US is in the food department actually.

UK Side:

Fish & Chips

Cornish Pasty

Shepard's Pie (lamb)/Cottage Pie (beef)

Deep Fried Mars Bar

US Side:

Hamburger

Fried Chicken

Apple Pie

Donuts (a.k.a Doughnuts)

Let's broaden this 'debate' to more than just two dishes.

Edited by Snake-Pit

The US will win either way.

Well since I never saw Steak & Kidney Pie in America but Apple Pie in England... I'd have to concur.

However, we own you when it comes to sweets/confectionery - Which is kind of ironic, since Cadbury is now owned by Kraft so, you own us.

But still, Cadbury's is nicer than Hershey, and I've been to Hershey, done that whole factory tour ride thing too - Still prefer the taste of Cadbury's.

Also, we got sherbert over here. :lol:

Edited by Snake-Pit

Because it is not about the taking part haha, it is the winning.

In all honesty american food is vile. Endless mountains of meat dripping with grease and faux plastic cheese which has been conjured up in a laboratory. I have seen that guy on that show who challenges himself to these food challenges. He is positively sweating with the 'meat sweats'. His tits are bursting out of his shirt due to the unhealthy stodge you lot lodge down your throats on a daily basis. American food is all, meat meat meat. There is no subtlety to the cuisine, no finesse. Americans see food as a sort of, challenge: to guzzle as much meat down as possible so they, die, basically, of cardiac failure. Sweaty fatty mounds of meat with plastic cheese.

• Like 1

Well since I never saw Steak & Kidney Pie in America but Apple Pie in England... I'd have to concur.

However, we own you when it comes to sweets/confectionery - Which is kind of ironic, since Cadbury is now owned by Kraft so, you own us.

But still, Cadbury's is nicer than Hershey, and I've been to Hershey, done that whole factory tour ride thing too - Still prefer the taste of Cadbury's.

Donny, you're out of your element.

In all honesty american food is vile. Endless mountains of meat dripping with grease and faux plastic cheese which has been conjured up in a laboratory. I have seen that guy on that show who challenges himself to these food challenges. He is positively sweating with the 'meat sweats'. His tits are bursting out of his shirt due to the unhealthy stodge you lot lodge down your throats on a daily basis. American food is all, meat meat meat. There is no subtlety to the cuisine, no finesse. Americans see food as a sort of, challenge: to guzzle as much meat down as possible so they, die, basically, of cardiac failure. Sweaty fatty mounds of meat with plastic cheese.

You're clearly a nancy boy, your opinion is moot.

• Like 3

Philly Cheesesteaks.... Mmmmmmm

Now that's a sandwich, like a whole cow and it's cheese stuffed into a small loaf of bread.

For real, I'm a London guy in Philly when I go out there, so you KNOW I'm on the Cheesesteaks, thinking about them now.... Mmmmmmm

'Tis a lot o' food though.

• Like 1

Now that's a sandwich, like a whole cow and it's cheese stuffed into a small loaf of bread.

For real, I'm a London guy in Philly when I go out there, so you KNOW I'm on the Cheesesteaks, thinking about them now.... Mmmmmmm

Well you want to be a black american haha.

Donny, you're out of your element.

You're clearly a nancy boy, your opinion is moot.

But I have not got tits before I am twenty.

Well you want to be a black american haha.

I ought to punch you :lol:

The difference is British food is awful for you and tastes shitty. American food is even worse for you and tastes like heaven.

I do not believe there is a single american food stuff which I would describe as 'heaven'; you might be able to climb up one of those towers of meat you all enjoy, to heaven, if you so desired - such is their height.

The difference is British food is awful for you and tastes shitty. American food is even worse for you and tastes like heaven.

I do not believe there is a single american food stuff which I would describe as 'heaven'; you might be able to climb up one of those towers of meat you all enjoy, to heaven, if you so desired - such is their height.

sounds like heaven to me.

• Like 1