Which My GNR Forum Member Would Make the Best World Leader?

Ace Nova

I'm thinking Groghan, aka Apollo. He's grown over the years and seems to understand the ways of the world. Even if he disagrees with others, he's open minded enough to at least understand where they are coming from. Most of his posts are respectful and "well-balanced".

I'm thinking Groghan, aka Apollo. He's grown over the years and seems to understand the ways of the world. Even if he disagrees with others, he's open minded enough to at least understand where they are coming from. Most of his posts are respectful and "well-balanced".

I can envision it now: government legislation and a team of special forces to open up a certain vault in Malibu.

• Like 1

I can envision it now: government legislation and a team of special forces to open up a certain vault in Malibu.

:lol:

Groghan's a top guy. Really nice fella. Likes God and that but nobody's perfect eh?
  • Like 1

Funny enough, part of my last position in my company was to act as the arbitrator when staff members had issues with each other. It could be a dispute between two low level workers over the company vehicle or a sexual harassment between a director and a entry level worker.

The problem with most disputes or arguments (this forum is a great example) is that both sides get tangled up in emotion and their personal feelings against the person their dispute is with. Once you remove the emotional part and the personal-feud part - then it usually is pretty easy to figure out who was right/wrong in a conflict or what the proper action should have been - or what should be done in the future. The harassment topic is a perfect example of emotions and personal issues taking over what the actual topic should be about.

Once you strip away the "me, me, me" and "that guy is a jerk" aspect of a conflict - it usually is pretty easy to come up with the proper resolution. The end goal being that you hope the person who lost or didn't get what they want might not be happy about it, but that they respect that you made your decision based on facts and not personal bias/opinion.

That's why Downzy would probably be the best guy. Once you get past his ridiculous political affiliation - the guy is one of the most intelligent and well-balanced dude on here.

World leaders need to have the ability to see all sides of an issue without their opinion being corrupted by emotion. Downzy is my vote.

Dazey would be my pick for vice-leader. He's very reasonable, funny, smart and his wife has large boobs. Dazey is also the king of common sense - and the world government would need more of that.

Edited by Groghan

Funny enough, part of my last position in my company was to act as the arbitrator when staff members had issues with each other. It could be a dispute between two low level workers over the company vehicle or a sexual harassment between a director and a entry level worker.

The problem with most disputes or arguments (this forum is a great example) is that both sides get tangled up in emotion and their personal feelings against the person their dispute is with. Once you remove the emotional part and the personal-feud part - then it usually is pretty easy to figure out who was right/wrong in a conflict or what the proper action should have been - or what should be done in the future. The harassment topic is a perfect example of emotions and personal issues taking over what the actual topic should be about.

Once you strip away the "me, me, me" and "that guy is a jerk" aspect of a conflict - it usually is pretty easy to come up with the proper resolution. The end goal being that you hope the person who lost or didn't get what they want might not be happy about it, but that they respect that you made your decision based on facts and not personal bias/opinion.

That's why Downzy would probably be the best guy. Once you get past his ridiculous political affiliation - the guy is one of the most intelligent and well-balanced dude on here.

World leaders need to have the ability to see all sides of an issue without their opinion being corrupted by emotion. Downzy is my vote.

Shit. We agree on something!

• Like 1

Graeme.

Since we're discussing serious politics, why do people always comment on Ed Miliband's looks in relation to the possibility of him being the next Prime Minister. British politics has never been a beauty contest.

Well that's for damn sure!

And I agree Graeme would be a good choice, too.

• Like 1