Which My GNR Forum Member Would Make the Best World Leader?

Ace Nova

Thought as much :lol:

Come on man, as much as you dish out around here, you should be the last person complaining when it comes back to you a little.... :lol:

I weren't complaining about getting it back, i get it back all over the shop all the time on here and I wouldn't have it any other way, i was just highlighting your tendency to drop the ball in these sorts of situations :lol:

Thought as much :lol:

Come on man, as much as you dish out around here, you should be the last person complaining when it comes back to you a little.... :lol:

I weren't complaining about getting it back, i get it back all over the shop all the time on here and I wouldn't have it any other way, i was just highlighting your tendency to drop the ball in these sorts of situations :lol:

Point taken. Hey, if you've lived the life I've lived, any response at all would be impressive..... :lol:

Warchild would be a laugh: "Yes, Mr. President, your moustache looks totally convincing... What was that? Someone posted in Luxembourg saying they thought you were a woman? We'll deploy the tanks right away, sir."

Also, the thought of being governed by Cameron, Clegg or Miliband is equally horrifying no matter which way you split it. Unfortunately 55% of my countrymen are fucking morons.

Graeme.

Since we're discussing serious politics, why do people always comment on Ed Miliband's looks in relation to the possibility of him being the next Prime Minister. British politics has never been a beauty contest.

Well that's for damn sure!

And I agree Graeme would be a good choice, too.

All he'd want would be Independence though...

alex-salmond_1215718c.jpg

Surprised there's no love for SoulMonster in this thread. I wish more world leaders based their decision on verifiable information rather than partisan ideology.

Give me a SoulMonster/Graeme dictatorship!

So SoulMonster and Graeme no longer hold partisan ideologies?

When did that happen?

lol

Surprised there's no love for SoulMonster in this thread. I wish more world leaders based their decision on verifiable information rather than partisan ideology.

When did that happen?

lol

"Partisan" is the new "they don't agree with me, they're a poopyhead."

When did that happen?

lol

Seems to me that both make up their minds based on empirical data. At least I find this to be true relative to world events.

When did that happen?

lol

Exactly times 10000000.

But I think Downzy was just being "funny" with his post. There are a few posters that you know are joking (or taking a piss at themselves) if you see them use the words "partisan ideologies."

Uggg.

Can you imagine Soulmonster as the leader of the world?

His address the nation speeches would all be 6-7 hours long.

"Hello,

I know you all think that today is Wednesday, November 12th. But it really isn't. According to an article I found on Google which referenced the Sumar of Mesopotamia..........3 hours of useless facts later..................and that is why today, according to my Google research, today is actually Wednesday, the 12th of November. Yes, that's what all of you originally thought. And yes, I just spent the last three hours trying to educate you on why you were wrong - even though I knew you were right, because that is what I must do..............two hours later..................OK, now that we've got today's date settled. Are there any questions about the economy, world peace, feeding the poor and hungry?

When did that happen?

lol

Exactly times 10000000.

But I think Downzy was just being "funny" with his post. There are a few posters that you know are joking (or taking a piss at themselves) if you see them use the words "partisan ideologies."

Nope. Outside some of his GNR related posts, most of his arguments are based on data/facts/figures that can be scrutinized. It's how he so soundly took on and invalidated those who were purporting 9/11 to be a conspiracy theory.

Not to say that I agree with everything SM says, but at least he goes through the trouble of providing evidence, and not just generalizations and hyperbole that are born out of partisan rhetoric, to prove his point.

I'm of the belief that good leaders aren't those who strictly follow a policy platform because it's what ideology tells them to. Adherence to fact and scrutiny and pushing through policies that are effective, pragmatic, and realistic are traits that I think great leaders possess. Those, plus resolve, commitment, and perseverance when acting in good faith, are the basic tenets that I wish more world leaders had.

• Like 4

When did that happen?

lol

Exactly times 10000000.

Nope. Outside some of his GNR related posts, most of his arguments are based on data/facts/figures that can be scrutinized. It's how he so soundly took on and invalidated those who were purporting 9/11 to be a conspiracy theory.

Not to say that I agree with everything SM says, but at least he goes through the trouble of providing evidence, and not just generalizations and hyperbole that are born out of partisan rhetoric, to prove his point.

I'm of the belief that good leaders aren't those who strictly follow a policy platform because it's what ideology tells them to. Adherence to fact and scrutiny and pushing through policies that are effective, pragmatic, and realistic are traits that I think great leaders possess. Those, plus resolve, commitment, and perseverance when acting in good faith, are the basic tenets that I wish more world leaders had.

As long as they aren't republicans.........

(I kid, I kid)

When did that happen?

lol

Exactly times 10000000.

As long as they aren't republicans.........

(I kid, I kid)

I have a problem with the Republican Party because it's largely grown reactionary over the past 40 years. This wasn't always the case. There use to be progressive Republicans.

But getting back on track, if someone could provide me concrete proof that supply-side economics works, that it's the solution to a recession and an economic boom, that it doesn't further inequality, that government is almost never needed, then I would wholeheartedly support those positions. Conservatives lambast universities and colleges for having a liberal bias, but perhaps in some cases truth has a liberal bias. Economics isn't as relative as some make it out to be, and world leaders, whether they be liberal or conservative, who support economic policies simply out of fealty to an ideological dogma, aren't going to get my support.

Start with the evidence, the realities of a situation, and build a policy platform around that. Don't bend reality so that it fits an ideology. Ask any sitting Republican legislator what to do during a recession and they'll tell you that we need to cut taxes and slash spending. Ask that same Republican congressman what we should do during good economic times and they'll tell you that we need to cut taxes and slash spending. And that's fucking nonsense.

I know you're being light-heardeted in all of this, but I do really what to emphasize why I think the way I do. If Democrats/liberals are just as wooden to the facts on the ground, if they're supporting drastic spending measures during boom times, then they too are just as delusional. I want world leaders who can assess the situation at hand and decide what the best course of action is regardless of what their partisan leanings are. It's not easy, few can do it, but when it does happen, such leaders are generally and justifiably considered worthy of immense credit and praise.

His address the nation speeches would all be 6-7 hours long.Can you imagine Soulmonster as the leader of the world?

Your speeches would be short, but it would the same speech, 12 times a day, every day.

Maybe I would name you my Minister of Music, then you could put everybody in jail that didn't like the same exact music that you did!

His address the nation speeches would all be 6-7 hours long.Can you imagine Soulmonster as the leader of the world?

Your speeches would be short, but it would the same speech, 12 times a day, every day.

Maybe I would name you my Minister of Music, then you could put everybody in jail that didn't like the same exact music that you did!

No, Groghan, please, no, seriously, not him, not music, please, don't do this do us, PLEEEEEEEEEEASE, fuckin' Mark Knopfler, Dire Straits, Status Quo, oh somebody put me out of my misery please :lol: