Fuck Walking, I'm Running!.. The Running Thread

Snake-Pit

I cannot believe that I can't find my running thread I created, at least, I'm half sure I created it, here.. Now; So here goes, my new running thread.

I like/love to run.

I just do.

This new found passion of mine I discovered about myself in 2012, have been into my running ever since.

I run on treadmill and on street, they say in the publications I read that you shoud mix up your surfaces you run on and there are 3; treadmill, street and off road. I mainly do treadmill and street. I have routes I like and places to go but...lately, i've sort of ditched walking (when on my own) altogether and just run everywhere.

Right now I do 9 mph / 6.4 kph for 1 mile, on the treadmill.

I love to run.

I used to run a lot. I'd do 4 runs of 6 Km per week as long as there wasn't any snow or ice. That was 2009/2010'ish. Best I did was was a 4 mile (6,4 Km) run in 31:20 in an official run.

Then I basically completely fucked up my knees in early 2011. Was diagnosed with a bad jumpers knee, which meant that the tendom from my upper leg that encapsulated my kneecaps and connected to the top of my shinbone was damaged. My right knee was particularly bad. My left wasn't good either, but not as bad. No big things they could operate on (I've been to 2 hospitals for it, got an echo and a CAT scan), just loads of little tears in the tendons. At it's worst I could run up the stairs too fast and I'd be in pain from that for well over a week.

So that recovery process was achingly slow and with a lot of ups and downs. In late August of 2013 I was finally able to do a normal 4 mile run again, but maybe once every 2 weeks. Clocked a 34:49 in an official run in October of 2013. I was very happy with that, given that I was still recovering and that I couldn't train much.

Right now I do one or two 4 mile runs a week. The knees are pretty good, but definitely not as good as they were. So 2 runs a week is my absolute top if I don't want to re-injure myself. Getting better though! ^_^

I really love doing it though! Running really empties your mind and that's nice. Very relaxing. :) Not being able to do it for so long was really frustrating to me.

Edited by username

Isn't 9 mph around 15 kph?

I mean I run 6 mph / 9.4 kph.

:lol:

Make that 6 mph / 9.7 kph - I finally bothered to check what 6 mph was on my tread mill run tonight, turns out it's 9.7 kph and not 9.4 kph.

What happened was, I'd set the machine to run @ 9 kph then transfer to mph and see 5.6 mph and run @ 6 mph and would just dial in the extra 0.4 mph to take me up to run @ 6 mph again (assuming that kph was 9.4 kph) - I looked tonight after seeing on google and the treadmill said 9.7 kph @ 6 mph that I run; I went back to mph though and had the display in that.