AC/DC - Play Ball video

NachoLZ

Because from 1975-80 (well until Bon died, IMO) ACDC were the best thing going in bare bones hard rock.

Nickelback are pure dog shit headed by an anthropomorphic cocker spaniel sans throat lozenges, that makes music in the vein of a 4th rate Jerry Cantrell.

accept the joke without the need to explain what we all know already

Why would they spend a fuckton of money on a video that is just going to be forgotten in a week or two? Especially in this day and age with Youtube and a generally shorter attentionspan of consumers. This goofy video will probably generate more press than an 'ordinary' decent, well-executed video. So more power to them, they have already proven themselves with a stellar videography anyway.

AC/DC makes generic 3 chord rock.

Nickelback makes generic 3 chord rock.

AC/DC had Bon Scott.

They also have or had Angus, Malcom, and Brian. When you add Bon to that equation you get 4 musicans better than anyone in Nickelback, hence why AC/DC is SO much better of a band. A lot of people like to focus on the 3 chord thing, which is a cop out excuse IMO. Yes AC/DC plays simple songs, but they make them sound SO good, that is a real talent. It's not easy to make the same old chords sound SO much better than everyone else, if you don't believe me, go ask Louis Armstrong.

Why would they spend a fuckton of money on a video that is just going to be forgotten in a week or two? Especially in this day and age with Youtube and a generally shorter attentionspan of consumers. This goofy video will probably generate more press than an 'ordinary' decent, well-executed video.

So would a video of Brian 69ing Angus" arse. What's your point? You either put out quality or you put out crap.

Yes the video is classic AC/DC tongue in cheek. They have a great sense of humor and have no illusions about what they do and what they stand for. Like Angus said back in the day "People say that we've made 8 albums that all sound the same.. I say rubbish, that is absolutely not true...we've made 9 albums"

They' re down to earth guys that say and do the same thing - unlike some bands we know. I really respect them alot, and they've been my fav band for ages.

And to have Nickel-poo mentioned in the same thread makes me vomit. Everything about that band makes me want to vomit including the singer and especially his hair, face, voice and ex-mustache. Shame on you to bring that filth up in this thread.

• Like 1

Yes the video is classic AC/DC tongue in cheek. They have a great sense of humor and have no illusions about what they do and what they stand for. Like Angus said back in the day "People say that we've made 8 albums that all sound the same.. I say rubbish, that is absolutely not true...we've made 9 albums"

They' re down to earth guys that say and do the same thing - unlike some bands we know. I really respect them alot, and they've been my fav band for ages.

And to have Nickel-poo mentioned in the same thread makes me vomit. Everything about that band makes me want to vomit including the singer and especially his hair, face, voice and ex-mustache. Shame on you to bring that filth up in this thread.

It's just bacardi trying to be the new Broski. Don't mind him.

• Like 2

AC/DC had Bon Scott.
This guy gets it. Bon was 90% of what made ACDC good. That might be pushing it for many but come at me bros.

You can't under estimate what Bon brought to the band, but you can't sell Angus, Malcom, and Brian short. Bon has been gone since 1980, yet AC/DC has managed to keep growing as band without him. Now yes the quality isn't what it once was, but the answer to the question "Biggest band in the world" is clearly AC/DC. They sell out everywhere they play, every time. Besides their importance to the history of rock and roll can not be understated. How many bands/guitar players have been directly influenced by them? A hell of a lot more than NIN, gnr, or any other band you can mention. Of course I mean only bands that still tour and record.

The thing about AC/DC and three chord rock is that they were THE ones to bring it to popularity and they did it better than anyone else ever did (or has done). If you don't like it in the first place, fine, but they deserve a hell of a lot more credit than a ripoff of them like fucking Nickelback.

That's not exactly true. I agree with your assertion that AC/DC does 3 chord rock as good or better than anyone ever has, but they didn't invent or start anything. 3 chord rock is an off shoot of blues. All blues songs use the I, IV, V chord structures. All AC/DC did was take that formula and turn up the volume and add distortion. But honestly bands like Zeppelin, Hendrix, Cream, The Who, The Stones, and even the Beatles were doing it well before AC/DC. Even guys like Chuck Berry and Little Richard were doing the exact same thing in their time, they just took the blues and turned up the tempo and called it rock and roll. But my point is its a simple formula that has been used for decades. But as I said before, they make it sound SO much better than everyone else, thats talent IMO. AC/DC didn't invent anything, but they sure did perfect it.

AC/DC had Bon Scott.
This guy gets it. Bon was 90% of what made ACDC good. That might be pushing it for many but come at me bros.

You can't under estimate what Bon brought to the band, but you can't sell Angus, Malcom, and Brian short. Bon has been gone since 1980, yet AC/DC has managed to keep growing as band without him. Now yes the quality isn't what it once was, but the answer to the question "Biggest band in the world" is clearly AC/DC. They sell out everywhere they play, every time. Besides their importance to the history of rock and roll can not be understated. How many bands/guitar players have been directly influenced by them? A hell of a lot more than NIN, gnr, or any other band you can mention. Of course I mean only bands that still tour and record.

One has to wonder how far they would have gone with Dave Evans fronting the band.

The thing about AC/DC and three chord rock is that they were THE ones to bring it to popularity and they did it better than anyone else ever did (or has done). If you don't like it in the first place, fine, but they deserve a hell of a lot more credit than a ripoff of them like fucking Nickelback.

That's not exactly true. I agree with your assertion that AC/DC does 3 chord rock as good or better than anyone ever has, but they didn't invent or start anything. 3 chord rock is an off shoot of blues. All blues songs use the I, IV, V chord structures. All AC/DC did was take that formula and turn up the volume and add distortion. But honestly bands like Zeppelin, Hendrix, Cream, The Who, The Stones, and even the Beatles were doing it well before AC/DC. Even guys like Chuck Berry and Little Richard were doing the exact same thing in their time, they just took the blues and turned up the tempo and called it rock and roll. But my point is its a simple formula that has been used for decades. But as I said before, they make it sound SO much better than everyone else, thats talent IMO. AC/DC didn't invent anything, but they sure did perfect it.

Fair enough. Figured someone who knew more than me on the subject would fix that :lol: