Sierra On-Line

downzy

Anyone old enough to play games by Sierra On-line back in the day?

What were some of your favourites? I remember spending hours trying to figure out how to beat King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella. This was before there was a mouse and you had to type in commands with a keyboard. It took me several days to get out of the damn whale's mouth.

Also remember playing Leisure Suit Larry (I, III, and V) and the Space Quest games.

It's funny how the adventure game died by the late 90s. Guess there wasn't really any place left to go with it.

• Like 1

What were some of your favourites? I remember spending hours trying to figure out how to beat King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella. This was before there was a mouse and you had to type in commands with a keyboard. It took me several days to get out of the damn whale's mouth.

Also remember playing Leisure Suit Larry (I, III, and V) and the Space Quest games.

It's funny how the adventure game died by the late 90s. Guess there wasn't really any place left to go with it.

NICE thread!!! Way to take me right done memory lane!!

I used to play the HELL out of Space Quest I-IV. I also played King's Quest IV and V. I remember making my dad take me to the local Babbages (how's THAT for a throwback?!) to pick up V the morning it was released. The box was enormous because it was on something 15-20 3.5" floppy disks.

Loved the Sierra games. I was a big fan of the first two Police Quest games and I think the first PC game I ever bought with my own money was Leisure Suit Larry 2 (looking back, what kind of store sells that game to a 10 year old?).

I'm pretty sure that Al Lowe is responsible for my love of dorky jokes to this day.

Loved the Sierra games. I was a big fan of the first two Police Quest games and I think the first PC game I ever bought with my own money was Leisure Suit Larry 2 (looking back, what kind of store sells that game to a 10 year old?).

I'm pretty sure that Al Lowe is responsible for my love of dorky jokes to this day.

Totally forgot the Police Quest line. I played those too.

Sierra is coming out with a new King's Quest next year, if you didn't know, first one since '98.

I used to play the HELL out of Space Quest I-IV. I also played King's Quest IV and V. I remember making my dad take me to the local Babbages (how's THAT for a throwback?!) to pick up V the morning it was released. The box was enormous because it was on something 15-20 3.5" floppy disks.

LOL, that's one thing that will be hard to describe to the children some day. "Dad, why were the boxes so big?"

And remember the way they use to check whether your copy was pirated or not? They'd ask you what word was on page 37 or the manual, line 6, word 5. I remember my friends use to buy one copy and then install the game on each of our computers. My dad at the time had a copy machine so we'd photocopy the manual.

Funny thing is that I remember most of Kings Quest IV and Kings Quest VI, but I don't recall much from Kings Quest V. I do recall beating it, but I remember very little from the game. The scenes I remember most were from the Leisure Suit Larry and Space Quest games. I feel like I could still accurate describe the opening run down bar location of Leisure Suit Larry 1.

Sierra is coming out with a new King's Quest next year, if you didn't know, first one since '98.

It will be interesting to see how well I fair with a new kind of adventure game. I remember thinking that many of those games were bloody impossible to figure out, but I was 8-12 years old when I started playing them. I'd like to think that my adult mind could handle these games a bit better.

Wow. It's weird to see people who are not only huge GNR fans, but also huge Sierra fans. Both are like my biggest passions.

KQV was, and remains, probably my favorite computer game.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Space Quest V is the shit. To me is the best game from Sierra alongside Gabriel Knight

Here's my ranking:

Best:

SQV - GK

Laura Bow 2 - 1

SQIV

Larry 1-2-3-5-6

King Quest 5 - 4 - 6

Police Quest 3

Gabriel Knight 3

Freddy Pharkas

Arcade minigames from various games.

Worst:

swat series

Quest for glory

Robin Hood games

Phantasmagoria n GK2 ( mostly cos i never really liked the digitalized shit)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...