NEW GHOSTFACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Len Cnut

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES, Ladies and Germs, children of all ages, animals, insects, plants, single-celled organisms, the legendary Ghost-deini, Mister Tony Starks is back with a new album of new songs for 2014

Ghostface Killah Announces New Album 36 Seasons, Shares "Love Don't Live Here No More" It's a concept album about revenge

73135183.jpg

Next month, Ghostface Killah will return with a new concept album called 36 Seasons. The follow-up to 2013's Twelve Reasons to Die is out December 9 via Salvation/Tommy Boy. That's the lead single "Love Don't Live Here No More", featuring Kandace Springs, above.

On the new LP, Ghost plays "a hip-hop superhero," according to a press release. It continues, saying that he is "a Staten Island vigilante inspired by a quest for personal retribution and bent on saving his community from the grips of crooked authority and urban decay." The album features soul band the Revelations, Pharoahe Monch, Kool G Rap, and AZ, among others.

The packaging will feature 20 pages of images from comic artists. The packaging was produced by Matthew Rosenberg, creator of Ghostface's Twelve Reasons to Die comic. Below the tracklist, find a movie-style poster for the album.

Ghostface is also set to appear on the Wu-Tang Clan's new album A Better Tomorrow, which is out December 2, as well as Sour Soul, the new album from BADBADNOTGOOD, out February 17.

36 Seasons:

01 The Battlefield [ft. GFK, Kool G Rap, AZ, Tre Williams]
02 Love Don’t Live Here No More [ft. Kandace Springs]
03 Here I Go Again [ft. GFK, AZ, Rell]
04 Loyalty [ft. Kool G Rap, Nems]
05 It’s a Thin Line Between Love and Hate [ft. The Revelations]
06 The Dog’s of War [ft. GFK, Shawn Wigs, Kool G Rap]
07 Emergency Procedure [ft. GFK, Pharoahe Monch]
08 Double Cross [ft. GFK, AZ]
09 Bamboo’s Lament [ft. Kandace Springs]
10 Pieces of the Puzzle [ft. GFK, AZ]
11 Homicide [ft. GFK, Nems, Shawn Wigs]
12 Blood in the Streets [ft. GFK, AZ]
13 Call My Name [ft. GFK]
14 I Love You For All Seasons [ft. The Revelations]

Is he a real Killah though or just a pretend one?

Funnily enough he may very well be. The Wu Tang Clan are pretty much a collective of certifiable wrong uns, of which Ghost is among the 3 or 4 wrongest of the lot. I don't suppose one goes around admitting these things but yes, there are very definite indicators that he turned someone over in Stubenville Ohio, he was later shot in the neck himself and was known for ummm, accosting rappers. He also broke Ma$e's jaw, which is commendable :lol:

Is this an ambient band or a rap group?

This is one gentleman by the name of Ghostface Killah of The Wu Tant Clan :)

I think he dipped a little after Supreme Clientele. Bulletproof and Pretty Toney are a bit hit and miss. But once he got to Fishscale he was back on top of his game and hasn't missed at all since.

I think there was enough quality in both of those to make em at LEAST 7/10 albums.

I thought this was about the Scream character.

Since when was he making music? :lol:

I think he dipped a little after Supreme Clientele. Bulletproof and Pretty Toney are a bit hit and miss. But once he got to Fishscale he was back on top of his game and hasn't missed at all since.

I think there was enough quality in both of those to make em at LEAST 7/10 albums.

Definitely. It's just that Ironman was like 10/10, Supreme was 9-9.5 and Fishscale is about a 9. He's a monster, such that I can claim he fell off a bit with two perfectly acceptable albums.

• Like 1

Well that was some unexpected great news. Will check it out for sure.

Kind of crazy how when the Wu started, Ghost was always like 4th or 5th in the group when people talked about them. You always heard RZA, Method, ODB, Raekwon, before people mentioned Ghost. Now he has to be regarded as the group MVP. Maybe behind RZA because of the producing.

Edited by J Dog

Well that was some unexpected great news. Will check it out for sure.

Kind of crazy how when the Wu started, Ghost was always like 4th or 5th in the group when people talked about them. You always heard RZA, Method, ODB, Raekwon, before people mentioned Ghost. Now he has to be regarded as the group MVP. Maybe behind RZA because of the producing.

I'd have to agree. Liquid Swords is my favorite of the Wu solo records (and one of my favorite albums of all time, period), but Ghost's output is unmatched in terms of quality and frequency.

Thanks for the link, Len. Digging this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...